• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
You can't see it because the glitched text in't actually present in the script but is a 100% in-game glitch. Did you correctly open the Map Script Offset and edit it like in this tutorial?If you need more help then post with the specifics of your level script (the type of level script you're using, variable, value etc.)

Are you sure you're using XSE 1.1.1? The earlier versions are somewhat glitchy and can't handle simple scripts at times.
yes I am, same one you linked.

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
Well if this helps when I open the script in advance map this is what it had.

'---------------
#org 0x205D772
nop

that's it o.o

Kaith

Hacker of Fire
Years
Well if this helps when I open the script in advance map this is what it had.

'---------------
#org 0x205D772
nop

that's it o.o

That's happened to me quiet a few times as well. I find that if I don't bother to save it and just compile something that simple, it works fine. I also need to recomplie it a few times. (Try setting your offset of 0x800000 rather than at the first spot that has free space.)

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2012
Help with script?

I edited the whole starter events so that there are 2 pokeballs on Oak's table.Everything is working perfectly...except.....
When my rival picks the 1st pokeball,it will not disappear.I run thru the script but as I am a noob at scripting,I cannot figure out how to edit the "disappear"-part of the script.Please,help.

By the way,sry if I posted it in wrong forum but it is important (to me).

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
That's happened to me quiet a few times as well. I find that if I don't bother to save it and just compile something that simple, it works fine. I also need to recomplie it a few times. (Try setting your offset of 0x800000 rather than at the first spot that has free space.)

Thanks by doing this the text box actually popped up but weird symbols popped up instead.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Thanks by doing this the text box actually popped up but weird symbols popped up instead.
two things, first off, what does the script say when you try to open it in xse again? If the script is wrong, it is most likely because you have too little space. Also try redownloading xse. I got a bad copy that didn't work at one point, and actually crashed my rom. here's a download from WaH: http://wahackpokemon.com/descarga/herras/XSE.zip

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
two things, first off, what does the script say when you try to open it in xse again? If the script is wrong, it is most likely because you have too little space. Also try redownloading xse. I got a bad copy that didn't work at one point, and actually crashed my rom. here's a download from WaH: http://wahackpokemon.com/descarga/herras/XSE.zip

'---------------
#org 0xE080
signmsg
multichoice2 0xFF 0xF7 0x15 0xFC 0x1
virtualcallif 0x0 0x74000047
pause 0x202
setbyte2 0xB5 0xC
comparebanktobyte 0x0 0x6
nop
setbyte 0x5
addpcitem 0x2305 0x700B
removedecoration 0x8A70
multichoice2 0xCB 0x70 0x4 0x22 0xFF

Also when using free space finder should I be doing anything special with intervals or w.e o.o

EDIT

I'm using the one you linked now faceplayer is working but you need to click a twice for him to move and he doesnt say the text. When opened in AM I'm using a new rom of fire red.

'---------------
#org 0x800000
lock
faceplayer
loadpointer 0x0 0x880000B '"Are you here to apply as a new gym..."
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x80000B
= Are you here to apply as a new gym\nleader?\lOh sorry you need atleast 7 badges.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Alright, so I really try not to ask questions but I just don't understand this one. I'm fairly new at scripting but I've gone through several pokescript tutorials over the past few days and definitely know my way around Advance Map. Recently I downloaded PKSV and started screwing around with it, and managed to fix almost all my glitchy scripts. My next scripting 'objective' is having a battle with Lugia in Emerald.

I have the overworld sprite set up in Advance Map, and I noticed that there is a generate-able script for this very thing, so I go through it and set it up, choosing 0x1216 as my flag. This is the product:

Spoiler:

Then I compile, get my script offset and plug it into my overworld sprite in advance map.

After that I saved and went to test my game, but - to my surprise - as soon as I pressed A the game paused, then started flipping out and keeps glitching, never going into a battle.

I went back into advance map and clicked on my Lugia sprite. I clicked open script and this is the compiled version of the script, but it also had some errors and a ton of added stuff (Though I assume this is after compilation?):

Spoiler:

The only type of answer I've seen anywhere was from a guy with Edward from fullmetal alchemist for an avatar (Yeah, I think his name had Fullmetal in it but I'm not sure), and it said something about decompiling.

I tried that, but it really didn't change anything:
Spoiler:

Can anyone help me? I can't seem to find out what's wrong :/

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Alright, so I really try not to ask questions but I just don't understand this one. I'm fairly new at scripting but I've gone through several pokescript tutorials over the past few days and definitely know my way around Advance Map. Recently I downloaded PKSV and started screwing around with it, and managed to fix almost all my glitchy scripts. My next scripting 'objective' is having a battle with Lugia in Emerald.

I have the overworld sprite set up in Advance Map, and I noticed that there is a generate-able script for this very thing, so I go through it and set it up, choosing 0x1216 as my flag. This is the product:

Spoiler:

Then I compile, get my script offset and plug it into my overworld sprite in advance map.

After that I saved and went to test my game, but - to my surprise - as soon as I pressed A the game paused, then started flipping out and keeps glitching, never going into a battle.

I went back into advance map and clicked on my Lugia sprite. I clicked open script and this is the compiled version of the script, but it also had some errors and a ton of added stuff (Though I assume this is after compilation?):

Spoiler:

The only type of answer I've seen anywhere was from a guy with Edward from fullmetal alchemist for an avatar (Yeah, I think his name had Fullmetal in it but I'm not sure), and it said something about decompiling.

I tried that, but it really didn't change anything:
Spoiler:

Can anyone help me? I can't seem to find out what's wrong :/

tbh I don't know that much about PKSV (I use XSE), but the problem could be the flag you're using, 1216. Flags only go up to 1000, and a lot of them are used in-game. I suggest you download XSE and have a look at HackMew's guide, which has a list of all used flags in it. Other than that I can't really help you with PKSV, sorry.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
I edited the whole starter events so that there are 2 pokeballs on Oak's table.Everything is working perfectly...except.....
When my rival picks the 1st pokeball,it will not disappear.I run thru the script but as I am a noob at scripting,I cannot figure out how to edit the "disappear"-part of the script.Please,help.

By the way,sry if I posted it in wrong forum but it is important (to me).

Set the two pokeballs at the same flag in a-map, then when you pick yours, simply do a hidesprite and when your rival picks his, set the flag to make the two disappear forever.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Spoiler:
It should show msgbox, not loadpointer. Have you made sure to extract all the files? If so then just try recompiling the with script with the version I linked to at a new offset that is only free space, not overwirting anything else. Also what do you have set in the event's data(the big list of numbers off to the side on A-Map)? When serching for free space, there is no need to do anything with intervals, just the number of bytes you need.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
tbh I don't know that much about PKSV (I use XSE), but the problem could be the flag you're using, 1216. Flags only go up to 1000, and a lot of them are used in-game. I suggest you download XSE and have a look at HackMew's guide, which has a list of all used flags in it. Other than that I can't really help you with PKSV, sorry.

Is XSE a GUI? I like PKSV because it works very well with AMap and its very user friendly.

I'm in class so I can't test your idea yet, but I can't see the flag being a problem. I use 1200+ because that's what the first tut I followed suggested, and my pokeball scripts work fine with 0x1214 and 0x1215.

PKSV commented some lines of tthe compiled script saying outta ROM range or something, not sure what that means.

I'm not dismissing the idea it could be a flag problem and ill try your fix, I just think it'd be weird if it was.

Also, I'm new to PKSV, its awesome though. The script generator is usually really cool, you should try it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
It should show msgbox, not loadpointer. Have you made sure to extract all the files? If so then just try recompiling the with script with the version I linked to at a new offset that is only free space, not overwirting anything else. Also what do you have set in the event's data(the big list of numbers off to the side on A-Map)? When serching for free space, there is no need to do anything with intervals, just the number of bytes you need.

Err he still isn't talking to me. Attached a photo. Also how do I know how many bytes I should be using. I put 600 b/c that seemed high enuff. o.o Also If anyone has team viewer I could show you on there.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
Your script offset is wrong. Use $8000AA instead of $008000AA since $ equals 00 or 0x.

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
Your script offset is wrong. Use $8000AA instead of $008000AA since $ equals 00 or 0x.

Still not working, I'm about to cry. Would there be something wrong with line 5 then?
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
The script itself is fine, be sure to remove the comments before compiling it. Try this and copy the first dynamic offset from the compiler output. Send me a private message if you want me to help you with teamviewer or something.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Alright, well I tried XSE and I really do like it. I have it integrated with AM, been tryin' out some scripts to try and get my Lugia encounter to work but I just can't get the damn thing working :(

This is my script:
Spoiler:

(After it was compiled)

I changed Lugia's flag to 2017 (I know it's not a high flag issue because it did the same exact thing with a lower flag, I switched to a higher one because it went with my other scripts).

What happens:
I go to Lugia's OW sprite, press A. No text box. The screen fades out, back in, Lugia's gone... etc...

So I take one step away and he re-appears... Now I can press A on him and the same exact thing happens. I've been working at this forever and I just can't fix it :/

The re-appearing I thought was a hidesprite vs removesprite issue, but turns out there is no removesprite in XSE. Okay, that's one problem I don't know how to fix.
Then the ability to keep doing the action I thought was a flag issue, turns out it's not. Do I need a flag check? None of the tutorials showed that as being necessary.

Then there's the issue of there not being a text box at all, and of me not battling Lugia... at all...

Can someone please help me out with this? I hate to sound whiny but I've been working on just this script forever and I might have to give up after a bit.

If it helps I'm modding Emerald.

EDIT: Vanillagfx, HGL FTW :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
Your script is ok so far, try to use lower values for your flags. I'm not sure but I believe there was a limit. For the re-appearing sprite you have to set a person ID which is basically your flag. Try this and set the people ID to 0260, should work.
Spoiler:

Edit: Updated my script, cry should work now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back