• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald ROMBase

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
I was planning to post this as a response in MrDS ROMbase thread, but it got closed just as I was about to post it.

Here is a ROMbase for Emerald which I was working on for a few weeks. Unfortunately, I did not have time to finish it, so I hope it can come to better use in the hands of others.

A lot of move animations previously only available to the public on Fire Red have in this patch been translated to Emerald by myself, this should save people a lot of time.

The ROMbase contains Le Pug's Decap patch, Doesnt's PSS patch, a bunch of new moves and move effects from the contributors of the Move Resource Thread, a fully implemented Fairy type without replacing other types (from MrDS tutorial) and a few other goodies such as the game being locked to SET and Critical hits having Gen VI functionality (Thanks to Doesnt and KDS respectively).

Every single byte change I've made has been documented, placement of new moves, animations etc. are also documented so they are easy to extract and put in another ROM. I've also included BSP files of a lot of move effects for Emerald, most of them I have translated myself from the Move Resource Thread and some I have made myself.

I have included ini files for PGE and G3HS to make this as easy as possible to use!

Merry Christmas and I hope this will be put to good use (and hopefully help speeding up the process of a certain Emerald patch which I look forward to).

Full list of features added:
Spoiler:

- Credits:
Lu Pug - For the decap patch
DoesntKnowHowToPlay - Move animations, Physical/Special Split, Other Stuff
KDS - Bunch of ASM for moves
Chaos Rush - Roost Animation and Effect
MrDS - A bunch of Move Animations and Effects
Spherical Ice - Move Animations and Effects
DreamEngine - Move Animations
Tlatchli - Move Animations
Gamer2020 - Creating PGE
KarateKid552 - Creating G3HS

And all other contributors to the Move Resource Thread

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ct0905bd5f6kkze/Emerald Rombase.zip?dl=0

Last edited by a moderator:

LeiAlcantara025

Hack Expert Most IN Mapping
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 8, 2019
Its Cool!!! Ive been studying move editing in emeralds animation now no need to worry ^_^

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
Dang now Ill have to add this to my emerlald hack.:P
But I have a few questions about it.
1:Where is everything repointed to? Like what freespace is used or does it use space originally for ingame scripts?
2: Are you planning on adding more attacks? Like dark void and judgment?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
Dang now Ill have to add this to my emerlald hack.:P
But I have a few questions about it.
1:Where is everything repointed to? Like what freespace is used or does it use space originally for ingame scripts?
2: Are you planning on adding more attacks? Like dark void and judgment?

Please read the original post: I have included a document which states every single byte change I've made and exactly where I have placed everything.

I am not planning to add anything to this patch at the moment as I simply don't have time, which is why I uploaded it here.

I have the ported animations and scripts for a bunch of other moves such as Shell Smash, Flash Cannon, Wood Hammer, Razor Shell and more but they require custom particles/background (which I was planning to edit after the other stuff was done, but I never got that far). I might insert those later if I have some spare time but atm I'm kind of busy.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Seems Notepad doesn't work with the files in documentation. It only shows symbols and other jargon. :\

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 10, 2016
I was wondering if you could add 'freeze-dry' into your rombase. I think you could make it by adding a new type.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
I was wondering if you could add 'freeze-dry' into your rombase. I think you could make it by adding a new type.

Let me quote the first post.

Here is a ROMbase for Emerald which I was working on for a few weeks. Unfortunately, I did not have time to finish it, so I hope it can come to better use in the hands of others.

Anyways, that would be a terrible implementation; Ice types wouldn't get STAB from it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 27, 2023
THANK YOU for this rom! i was looking for something with this information included. I was testing the fairy type implementation... It seems dragons won't affect fairy pokemon... but i cannot tell if it's super effective on dark and fighting type. (it doesn't say "It's super effective" when I hit pokemon like Hariyama). can you tell me if the damage calculations are correct??

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
THANK YOU for this rom! i was looking for something with this information included. I was testing the fairy type implementation... It seems dragons won't affect fairy pokemon... but i cannot tell if it's super effective on dark and fighting type. (it doesn't say "It's super effective" when I hit pokemon like Hariyama). can you tell me if the damage calculations are correct??

That's weird. Anyway, the location of the table is in the documentation and is pretty easy to change around. Just check there and you should be able to see if there's anything wrong.

I did it following MrDS tutorial so if you are unsure how to do it just check it there.

Years
Hey, I really like this, but when I use the ini included in this file, and open G3HS, then open my ROM with your ROM Base, it doesn't load up the moves, it just says: \x, and something like that.

Imafroggy

King
Years
Small question and it may or may not pertain to the fact you made it in a couple weeks? (Not devaluing your amazing work btw).
I happened to patch this onto a clean Emerald file and everything was okay up until I couldn't edit any moves on any move and level editor, and the fact that Treecko and Zigzagoon know Spore in place of tail whip, and Zigzagoon also knows Wake up slap.

Is it the actual patch that causes this?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
Small question and it may or may not pertain to the fact you made it in a couple weeks? (Not devaluing your amazing work btw).
I happened to patch this onto a clean Emerald file and everything was okay up until I couldn't edit any moves on any move and level editor, and the fact that Treecko and Zigzagoon know Spore in place of tail whip, and Zigzagoon also knows Wake up slap.

Is it the actual patch that causes this?

Used Zigzagoon and Treecko for testing moves, the last move I was testing was Wake-up Slap and forgot to change things back. Just change it back to what it should be in a move editor.

Imafroggy

King
Years
Used Zigzagoon and Treecko for testing moves, the last move I was testing was Wake-up Slap and forgot to change things back. Just change it back to what it should be in a move editor.

Yes, I figured that out once I fixed the ini. thing yesterday thank you!
One small question... you said fairy is in the patch. However, I was poking around and couldn't find it and a couple moves actually freeze the game up. Any solutions? Thank you by the way, I really appreciate it :)

Back