• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Looks like I deleted my post for nothing -.-

It said the same thing, anyway, it is indeed coming to the West in October 2013, around the same time as the Japanese versions.

Though I guess I'd feel that it'd be best to at least wait until we have pokedex entries. I mean, it really depends on the RP, but I feel that the best way to emulate a pokemon through one's words is to know them, and the pokedex entries are the first step towards understanding them. I mean, I could see one going along with just the name, appearance, and the moves and it working out fine, but I'd think that having some understanding of the pokemon as a pokemon rather than simply a pokemon as an addition to a game would be the optimal choice for roleplaying.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Yeah. October. That's like... 3/4th of the way through 2013. So it'll be quite a while. I'd be willing to let people play them as soon as the Japanese games release though (Because we'll doubtlessly get movelists and whatnot by then.

I'm eager to see how this will effect Pokemon Fallout's plot. BW2 really didn't change anything, but maybe Gen 6 will introduce a problem or two in need of dealing with.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
We're talking about the newest starters here. Does anyone having a thought on what some of the new Pokemon might look like? In Generation V, they introduced new Pokemon without new evolutions for previous Pokemon. I'm wondering if in Generation VI, they'll introduce some new evolutions for previous 2nd stage Pokemon, especially new evolutions for Eevee.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
We're talking about the newest starters here. Does anyone having a thought on what some of the new Pokemon might look like? In Generation V, they introduced new Pokemon without new evolutions for previous Pokemon. I'm wondering if in Generation VI, they'll introduce some new evolutions for previous 2nd stage Pokemon, especially new evolutions for Eevee.

This guy gets me.

I WANT MORE EEVEELUTIONS!

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I've said it earlier, but I've got an idea in my mind for what I can guarantee will be an excellent Roleplay. However, until I'm in a better situation with my free time, I'll be holding onto it (and brainstorming further). Meanwhile, I'll continue to give out hints as to what it may be about, most often in the form of quotes. Enjoy~

"Saint Anthony said, in his solitude, he sometimes encountered devils who looked like angels, and other times he found angels who looked like devils. When asked how he could tell the difference, the saint said that you can only tell which is which by the way you feel after the creature has left your company."
― Elizabeth Gilbert​

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Yeah. October. That's like... 3/4th of the way through 2013. So it'll be quite a while. I'd be willing to let people play them as soon as the Japanese games release though (Because we'll doubtlessly get movelists and whatnot by then.

I'm eager to see how this will effect Pokemon Fallout's plot. BW2 really didn't change anything, but maybe Gen 6 will introduce a problem or two in need of dealing with.

Hun, it's a WORLDWIDE release.

The Japanese games will likely come out the same day as the English games. :>

OKAYOKAYOKAY. I'ma type up the basis for that magical roleplay I was thinking of earlier, and maybe a prologue to the arena roleplay . . . and perhaps even a prologue to LIL 2.0. Hopefully, by the end of the month I'll have at least one of these roleplays up, lol.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Worldwide as in = everyone in the world is going to get it (unless otherwise noted)

Throwing in a topic here if anyone doesn't mind! How long does it take you to create your own characters?

I thought of that while I was working on my SU for CLOUD. Took me a day to think of how my DAEMON will look like, till I drew the conclusion that it'll be based off a giant ferret. lol

But typically it takes me from a few hours till the whole reservation period (depending on what roleplay it is) to think of an awesome character.

Nakuzami

Years
How long does it take you to create your own characters?

Are we talking about just thinking of the character or writing the sign-up?

If it's just creating the character, then I think of mine almost instantly. Granted, many of the characters will be edited from this raw form, but there are also those that remain the same. And, yes, I do mean instantly. It takes me about thirty seconds to envision a new character. It might take me a few minutes to add in all of the detail, though.

If we're talking about writing a sign-up, then it could be anywhere from a few minutes, to a few hours, to a few days. @_@

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years

For me i guess it depends on the RP. It takes me atleast 2/3 hours to make an RP, but sometimes it can take me a whole day since i spend most time at searching around for a decent appearence. Also, i normally read my SU's atleast two times before i post it to make sure i have whiped out all the grammar mistakes i might have made.

I do almost everything on my phone, so that could also be a reason that it takes me lots of time to make a decent SU, also... i like perfectionating my SU's hehehehe...

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Just thought it be worth mentioning that I'm coming back. I'm back because the goal i wanted to achieve I simply couldn't and will not happen within the time i gave myself so naturally I come back to where I hopefully belong and that is here. I will need tons of help to truly get started RPing for realz. But most importantly I will be back here for good.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

At least a day or two...or up to five. I always make my SU on my phone, so it lags when more characters are typed. When driven to, I'd settle on my laptop & finish my SU there. There's a drawback: when I make an SU on my laptop, I tend to add too much than I needed to.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
I usually know right away what my character's personality is going to be, though looks, history, and name usually take me extra time. Usually, it'll take me an hour or more to make an SU, though sometimes it takes a day or two.

Fargona: The Land of Dragons still has six spots open. If you're interested in dragons, magic, and legends, take a look~

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years

My characters are created anywhere from in under a second to a couple of minutes. I think up a very basic concept such as "Psychotic ghost-type trainer" or "Dragon-type trainer that's never good enough and has major social issues that drag their life down."

It takes a /lot/ longer for me to actually flesh out characters however~

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
While I'm releasing tidbits of information on my secret RP, I thought maybe telling you all the title might also bring further interest (if any):

Forsaken

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
...oh, I know what it is now.

It's a World of Warcraft RP, isn't it?
untitle.JPG

Heh... Never played it before and don't really have the intention to now.​

Do you always think about new RPs? :)
Of course, but this may be the first one I've come up with that's actually original, as opposed to an RP based on a game or show. In fact, I'm internally thrilled about my idea, and I have brainstormed on it for quite some time already. Once I've gotten a better availability here, I'll be working on it with haste. Until then, though, I'll just keep releasing hints.

Nakuzami

Years
So I was looking through my Private Messages yesterday and realized that I started remaking the roleplay that I am currently working on two years ago.
Oh my, I should post it soon.
And I might hunt for a co-GM soon. After I finish some things, though.

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Spontaneous driveby advertisement. Even though you've probably already done so... take another look anyway!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'd say no to WoW roleplay, but I'm interested to know how will this game turn into a roleplay. xD

Are we talking about just thinking of the character or writing the sign-up?

If it's just creating the character, then I think of mine almost instantly. Granted, many of the characters will be edited from this raw form, but there are also those that remain the same. And, yes, I do mean instantly. It takes me about thirty seconds to envision a new character. It might take me a few minutes to add in all of the detail, though.

If we're talking about writing a sign-up, then it could be anywhere from a few minutes, to a few hours, to a few days. @_@

It can be both, SU or characters in general. So both of your answers would count. xD

Just thought it be worth mentioning that I'm coming back. I'm back because the goal i wanted to achieve I simply couldn't and will not happen within the time i gave myself so naturally I come back to where I hopefully belong and that is here. I will need tons of help to truly get started RPing for realz. But most importantly I will be back here for good.

i kneeeeeeeeeeeew ittttt See? Roleplay will get to you and will make you come back. Hopefully these past day or so, you've rested enough and ready to bounce back. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back