• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Good news everyone! I started rebuilding my collection today by buying a GBA SP and a copy of Silver Version (With working battery that tells time!). So I'll be kicking off my long road of rebuilding with a monotype. What type do you guys think I should do on Silver Version?

Rock?
I don't think I;ve ever seen you do a Rock type mono :X

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Until you fight a steel or poison type...
fun thing about both is that they're quite predictable for mirror coat and reflect. Now a fight against a poke with magic guard will be a hilarious turn of events.

anyhow, @Zappaman i'm totally in for that challenge once it's up and done. I can already see my team: one poke with double team-swagger, another with hypnosis-curse-nightmare, one with bide/pain split/d.bond maybe, then a psychic type can go quite cheapo with hypnosis/protect, recover/wish, future sight, and nightmare/toxic... and the poison-seed reflect-mirror thingies mentioned above

question, though, will bide be accepted for the challenge? Also, if moves like fire spin is allowed, then offensive stat-boosting moves (growth, howl, etc) along with Inferno and Magma Storm must be banned. Another option is, at least for the stat boosting+wrap-like moves' case, both moves can't be found in the same moveset of a single pokemon or wrap-like attacks can't be spammed per turn. I mean, it's gonna kill the essence of the challenge otherwise.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Obviously, all of us Swablu would panic and die when we realize wr don't recgonize our beloved Altaria anymore.

Btw, for yhe hunger games challenge, do I have to make a new thread for it since I'll be the one running it?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
-rolls around in the floor-

LOOK AT ME

if you don't like it don't worry i'll be sydian probably as soon as i can change it again which is three months because cc donated for me to make me tier 4!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I dun wanna have to go back through all my votes and change your name tho Q.Q

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You don't have to. When we're counting them up, we'll know who you're talking about haha. But I guess I should go edit all the challenges I'm signed up in and change my name.

Speaking of that, now that name changes are back, I suggest that those of you who are challenge owners add a note that people should post when they get name changes so that it can be changed in the first post. It's kind of surreal...name changes were gone when Challenges was first made, so this is a first for this forum. Kind of neat, really! ...But still an extra hassle, lmao.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I have a tiny announcement to make:

I'm considering, at the end of the year, to drop some of the challenges I own because there never seems to be anyone interested in doing them and, quite frankly, I'm doing so many challenges right now that it's hard for me to keep up with everything.
Therefore, if anyone feels like adopting a challenge, I might be giving away the following challenges:

• The Legendary Trio Challenge
  • The Baby Pokémon Challenge (cause that's apparently TOO difficult for people to play >.>)
  • The Eeveelutions Challenge
  • The Shin Megami Tensei Challenge
  • The Form-ulated Challenge

I am still not 100% certain that I want to part with them, but it's impossible for me to keep up with so many of them anymore.

IF I do decide, by the end of the year, to give them away, my only request would be that whoever adopts them makes a NEW thread instead of simply taking over the old one. I'm fond of the threads and I'd rather they were closed at the time instead of the ownership getting transfered and the first post getting changed.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I WOULD'VE joined some of the challenges, but on a baby pokemon challenge specifically, the move set rules (fake tears ect) were too restrictive. so I didn't

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I WOULD'VE joined some of the challenges, but on a baby pokemon challenge specifically, the move set rules (fake tears ect) were too restrictive. so I didn't

They were at first but then I changed them to make them less restrictive lol.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
you didn't actually change them (I checked the thread)
and anyway it's been 18 hours since I posted a challenge, I sent syndan a PM 6 hours ago, and my challenge still has not been approved/disapproved. why?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
and anyway it's been 18 hours since I posted a challenge, I sent syndan a PM 6 hours ago, and my challenge still has not been approved/disapproved. why?

Because I have a life outside the forum that consists of working, and because of the holiday season, I have a double shift almost every day of the week.

PS: idk who syndan is ):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back