• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ → The Official PokeCommunity Adoption Center [Read first post!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
1. What boards are you most interested in?
Any that might help me getting back up to speed with the PokeVerse, that and any discussion about official tournaments.
2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand?
Any boards about breeding, or trading pokemon.
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums?
Yes?
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here?
At the moment I want to be able to see all available coverage for the 2012 championships. But ultimately I'd like to learn more about the community.

Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2021
Creating rom hacks
Mainly Rom hacks
yes
learn how to create rom hacks and better pokemon designs

rodrigo296

Awful Trainer
Years
I'm interested in the Black and White, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the Emulation and the Video Gaming ones; in that order, probably.

2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand?
Hmm, probably the Trade Corner and Pokémon Trivia ones.

Yes, sure! I think I'd also venture out in welcoming new people on the New Users / Welcome board, in the Competitive Battling Center (when my, erm, Pokémon are strong enough, I guess) one, and in some of the Off-Topic discussions, if I feel like it. :p

Yeah, meeting users and making new buddies, playing Pokémon and getting help on it, as well as on hacking (not the game, though), and just having fun, basically, just like an average user. :)

Thank you for your time!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Alright guys, just a slight announcement: Question #3 has been changed a bit to better understand what it means as well as fill up your second choice. A lot of you are still writing out just "yes or no" answers instead of just writing down what *other* sections you're interested in visiting. This can clear up some confusion & stuff!

DigitalDame and deathawk, please explain what other sections you'd like to visit (question #3) so that way I can know which! :D

Any that might help me getting back up to speed with the PokeVerse, that and any discussion about official tournaments.
Any boards about breeding, or trading pokemon.
Yes?
At the moment I want to be able to see all available coverage for the 2012 championships. But ultimately I'd like to learn more about the community.

Tournaments in terms of competitive battling? There's both Requility and PlatinumDude for battling, and if you're interested in trading, we have TwilightBlade, Sydian, and Livewire for that as well. All of them are willing to teach you around the community as well as get into the zone with battling or trading. Your choice. :)

Creating rom hacks
Mainly Rom hacks
yes
learn how to create rom hacks and better pokemon designs

As mentioned, DrFuji is still available. But just a reminder that he's only there to show you around the Emulation boards and answer any questions regarding ROM Hacking. You cannot have him do things for you.

I'm interested in the Black and White, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the Emulation and the Video Gaming ones; in that order, probably.

2. What board are you most interested in getting to understand?
Hmm, probably the Trade Corner and Pokémon Trivia ones.

Yes, sure! I think I'd also venture out in welcoming new people on the New Users / Welcome board, in the Competitive Battling Center (when my, erm, Pokémon are strong enough, I guess) one, and in some of the Off-Topic discussions, if I feel like it. :p

Yeah, meeting users and making new buddies, playing Pokémon and getting help on it, as well as on hacking (not the game, though), and just having fun, basically, just like an average user. :)

Thank you for your time!

That's a broad list you got there, dude. xD We currently have Requility for B/W, donavannj for TCG, and Captain Fabio for Video Gaming...as well as BinaryPeaches for Trivia. It's a lot of mentors for you to recommend, so be sure to explore a bit more and decide which section you like best + would like to learn more about!

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2012
Mentor application

Hello everyone my name is sgupt02. This is my application for a mentor. Please read my answer to every question and pick out the best mentor that helps me create my own rom hack. Thank you!

1. I am interested in creating maps and exploring the tools for rom hacks.
2. I want to understand emulation and how to make my own rom hack.
3. I am willing to explore graphic arts?
4. Explore other rom hacks and ask advice to see the pros and cons about the roms and use the pros and improve the cons to make my game.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
As long as you're there to learn about the tools for the hack, as well as wanting to learn how to create maps and stuff, I'll see if I can squeeze you in with DrFuji. Just remember, he's there to show you around the section as well as help you out, not request to do the rom hacking for you.

Years
What boards are you most interested in? Making Pokemon walkthroughs and Wifi Battles vids
2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? Mostly playing pokemon games and guides to competitive Pokemon battling.
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Yes, I love discussion, learning about new game strategies and making a large network of Pokemon friends.
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Get more acquainted with the forums. Also, build my friend network.

Pipkip

Pokéxplorer
Years
Hi!
I'm brand new to this site, but it seems great!
1: I would like to learn the utmost basics of ROM Hacking.
2: I would like to throw a few of my own Pokemon into the game, and maybe change a few textures?
3: I guess learning about how to make decent pixel art would be cool too!
4: Make friends and eventually know my way around the forums!
NOTE:
I don't really need a really clever mentor for this like DrFuji, or SwiftSign, as I won't always be online, and I really only want the basics. Maybe someone who has learnt from these guys?
Thanks!
Pipkip

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
What boards are you most interested in? Making Pokemon walkthroughs and Wifi Battles vids
2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? Mostly playing pokemon games and guides to competitive Pokemon battling.
3. Would you like to venture out into other parts of the forums? Yes, I love discussion, learning about new game strategies and making a large network of Pokemon friends.
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Get more acquainted with the forums. Also, build my friend network.

Sorry to say, but we don't have a mentor for making Pokemon walkthrough and videos. :( Though we do have Requility and PlatinumDude for Competitive Battling if you're interested in that. There's a lot to do in CBC and one of those mentors can take you in on the fun!

Hi!
I'm brand new to this site, but it seems great!
1: I would like to learn the utmost basics of ROM Hacking.
2: I would like to throw a few of my own Pokemon into the game, and maybe change a few textures?
3: I guess learning about how to make decent pixel art would be cool too!
4: Make friends and eventually know my way around the forums!
NOTE:
I don't really need a really clever mentor for this like DrFuji, or SwiftSign, as I won't always be online, and I really only want the basics. Maybe someone who has learnt from these guys?
Thanks!
Pipkip

If you can't take either DrFuji or SwiftSign, as well as you won't be active enough to have a mentor, then I'm afraid I cannot take your request. According to the rules, you MUST plan to be active if you want to be adopted by a mentor. Plus, DrFuji and SwiftSign are the only two Emulation mentors currently in atm, no one else. :(

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2013
1. What boards are you most interested in? I'm mainly interested in the breeding and raising of pokemon. I think I'm no that newbie on the topic but what I need is to know in what PC can help me in the duty of breeding and raising.

2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? I would love to understand and master the techniques of pro battling and team building

3. What other boards are you willing to venture in? I think I could venture on stuff Like the challenges, and I don't know, maybe take one :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Question 4? You forgot to answer that. :P

Another competitive battler! For breeding, there's TwilightBlade, Sydian, and Livewire who can help you more on that subject, and for competitive battling, there's Requility and PlatinumDude who are more than welcome to solidify your knowledge on battling. Your choice. :D

In the meantime, why not make an intro thread?

rainerman3

The Guy With THE Aura
Years
Well i don't know if i can still get a mentor but here goes nothing...
1. What boards are you most interested in? Well currently i am most interested in the pokemon clubs and other clubs boards.
2. What boards are you most interested in getting to understand? I don't know if i want to get to understand any boards but i want to know how to make amazing avatars and signatures i mean cmon it can't only be in skill or can it?
3. What other boards are you willing to venture in? Um right now i am not really interested in any other boards.
4. Are there any specific things you like to do while you're here? Yeah get some more friends and get this Lonely nature off of me. :)

Because beneath this lonely nature is actually hiding a jolly nature...

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
You have a low post count there, so yes! You do count as a mentee. :)

We have mentors for each of the sections you are interested in. Shining Raichu for Other Clubs (part of Off-Topic) and AlexOzzyCake for Pokemon Clubs. I do recommend Pokemon Clubs though! It's a great place to make friends and talk about Pokemon at the same time! Now, you don't have to follow my recommendation, it's all up to you as to where you'd like to venture in. :)

Both mentors are available btw! I can just notify one of them via IRC if you want. :)

rainerman3

The Guy With THE Aura
Years
Oh oops i guess i answered wrongly what i meant was that i only hangout in the clubs section and i know it one way or another but what i want to understand is this: i want to know how to make amazing avatars and signatures.

Well i am going soon so i hope when i get back you have answered! :D

Last edited:
Years
wants a mentor

Hello,i am Hovde.
i would like to learn about the emulation section of pc. i also want to learn more about rom hacking.
another section that interests me is the role playing section. i dont know how that works, but i would like to know.
while i am on pc, i want to post the firered hack i am currently working on (pc's tutorials are very useful), and get feedback from other users.
(p.s. due to computer usage restrictions in my house, i may not be able to post or be on the site every day, but i sure will try!

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2012
Meganium90 said:
As long as you're there to learn about the tools for the hack, as well as wanting to learn how to create maps and stuff, I'll see if I can squeeze you in with DrFuji. Just remember, he's there to show you around the section as well as help you out, not request to do the rom hacking for you.

That would be great, thanks! and yes, I will do my best to make my ROM hack. Once again, thanks!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Oh oops i guess i answered wrongly what i meant was that i only hangout in the clubs section and i know it one way or another but what i want to understand is this: i want to know how to make amazing avatars and signatures.

Well i am going soon so i hope when i get back you have answered! :D

Yeah...if you just want to learn how to make avatars and signatures, I'm afraid I can't really pinpoint a mentor for that for you. That's called taking advantage. The mentors here are only there to guide you around PC as well as answer any questions you have regarding the sections.

Your previous answer was perfect tbh. :(

Hello,i am Hovde.
i would like to learn about the emulation section of pc. i also want to learn more about rom hacking.
another section that interests me is the role playing section. i dont know how that works, but i would like to know.
while i am on pc, i want to post the firered hack i am currently working on (pc's tutorials are very useful), and get feedback from other users.
(p.s. due to computer usage restrictions in my house, i may not be able to post or be on the site every day, but i sure will try!

I can pinpoint you to an Emulation mentor, but since you won't be around as much everyday, it will affect your relationship between you and the mentor. Mentors...expect you to be on as much as you can. :P So I can't really pinpoint you to one if you don't plan to be active as much.

Years
i probably can be on almost every day, and can alert my mentor when i will be offline. and i was thinking maybe the roleplaying would be more interesting (sorry for changing my mind!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back