• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guide: Pokémon Duel Guide

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2018
Nice, quick guide! I was hoping someone would get something out today.
Something I'm not clear on is evolution... How is it good to start with a lower form pokemon then evolve when you could just start with the evolved form? I'm sure there are strategies revolving around the moves each has available and such but otherwise is there any reason not to just start with the fully evolved form?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 27, 2017
I Need to know about the other level gauge the green one thats says Cl Lvl what is that for what it means ??

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years

Learn the basics and how to win in Pokémon Duel, the new Pokémon mobile game!

Read the guide!

Great article! After playing the game for a while today I found that if you have 9/10 keys for the unlock able booster pack and you win another match, you only receive 1 more key. I dont know if you can add that to the article, but winning will give you 1 key if you have 9 keys rather than the usual 3 keys. While I haven't personally tested it, I'm sure if you have 8 keys and you win, then you will only receive 2 keys. This means that the keys do not carry over for the next unlock able. This is supported by the fact that it tells you that you receive only 1 key, not that you merely see that you received 1 key and you dont see the 2 that carry over until after the period of time until you can unlock a new pack.

Edit: for clarity, I'm talking about the Locked Boosters.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
Generally you should recieve around 3 keys per league win and if you have around 8 or 9 you only win the amount necessary (1 or 2) to unlock your locked booster and not more than that, since once your booster is unlocked you have to wait 24 more hours for it to reset.

you said that in a much more concise way than me xD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 28, 2017
How do you get rid of unwanted figures to make room? I know you can use a few in fusion, but the ones I want to get rid of are unable to be selected.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
How do you get rid of unwanted figures to make room? I know you can use a few in fusion, but the ones I want to get rid of are unable to be selected.

I think you can sell unwanted figures in the shop in exchange for coins. Just be careful- if you have many of the same pokemon, make sure you only trade the ones you dont want!

I also have a question: Do booster tickets stack? I received a booster ticket in-game and I can open up the single pack with the booster ticket, but if I acquire more booster tickets, could I stack up to 2 booster tickets for the double pack or even 6 booster tickets for the sextuple pack?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
So, is anyone in the works to make a more in-depth guide at all? I do understand that this game is fairly new, but all this stuff I already knew before coming here, and I would appreciate the help!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 29, 2017
I don't know why, but whenever I select league play, I always get AI fights. How do you fight against other people? (I can tell they're AI by their names and response times).

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 29, 2017
Thanks for your insight. But how do I go to room battles? Sorry if it's obvious, but I've searched everywhere and couldn't find it.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
What would you like to see covered in a more in-depth guide that isn't already present in the existing one?

Haha sorry, I didn't mean to put "in-depth" guide. I actually meant a strategy guide, like which Pokemon pair well, or what moves to make if you're going first/second etc. That seems more like a separate article or discussion thread. My apologies!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Does anyone know where the Pokémon Company is answering troubleshooting questions about Pokémon Duel? I tried to contact one of their support emails regarding an error/bug that occurred in my game, but they said they only respond to questions about other games, which leads me to asssume they do not have an official response email for Pokémon Duel yet, but I am not entirely sure.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Hi. I need help with understanding of gained metal. If I open fusion, I see a lot of metal. I used some for fusions (with higher EXP), but I have a lot of Metal that adds 1 od 0 exp. Why to use those? Can I somehow watch its effect? Some yellow/gold/blue/green, some full, some contain only one "fragment", I have even one that shines. I didn't find any article that would explain it.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Hi. I need help with understanding of gained metal. If I open fusion, I see a lot of metal. I used some for fusions (with higher EXP), but I have a lot of Metal that adds 1 od 0 exp. Why to use those? Can I somehow watch its effect? Some yellow/gold/blue/green, some full, some contain only one "fragment", I have even one that shines. I didn't find any article that would explain it.
Something we still need to add to the guides, whoops. There are three kinds of metals:
- Blue - for experience. Levelling up allows you to increase the size of an attack by one on the battle disk (and hence decrease a 'miss'
- Green - for powering up attacks (a level up of green metals - top right bar in the fusion menu - gives you +1 to an attack.)
- Gold - for selling for money in the shop.

Each of these have rareness ratings like the Pokemon figurines, and you can only fuse green metals with equal or higher rating to the figurine. E.g. want to give that EX Raikou a stronger attack? You need EX-rank green metals.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Something we still need to add to the guides, whoops. There are three kinds of metals:
- Blue - for experience. Levelling up allows you to increase the size of an attack by one on the battle disk (and hence decrease a 'miss'
- Green - for powering up attacks (a level up of green metals - top right bar in the fusion menu - gives you +1 to an attack.)
- Gold - for selling for money in the shop.

Each of these have rareness ratings like the Pokemon figurines, and you can only fuse green metals with equal or higher rating to the figurine. E.g. want to give that EX Raikou a stronger attack? You need EX-rank green metals.

Ok, then I would like to know more. Where can I sell gold metal exactly? I didn't find any section in shop :)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Ahh, my bad I was looking at the bolded text a little after that that says "Sorry, but we can only respond to Pokémon Shuffle Mobile, Pokémon Jukebox, Pokémon Photo Booth, or Camp Pokémon related questions at this address."

I'll just email them about it and see how it goes.

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2018
If start with the lower form and then evolve, the evolve forms become stronger than if you just started with the evolved form outright. I want to say it's about a +10 Attack increase, though my only personal experience with this is Pikachu evolving into Raichu, so I'm unsure if attack bonuses stack with three staged Pokemon or not.

Thanks! I've since seen an on-screen 'tip' which explains that yes, attacks get +10 per evolution, and purple attacks get an additional star.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 2, 2017
Is there a way to transfer figurines so you can have spaces/slots back in your "pack"? Once you get over 30 it doesn't let you hold any more without paying to upgrade the size of your "pack"...

Back