• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

get out of my house!

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
do you find yourself entering houses to speak to all the NPCs? how much do you explore houses/side areas overall?

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
When I play a game for the first time, I speak to every NPC I can find. But when I replay a game, I only talk to those who give me something useful/important.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Only give items or as a part of storyline

blue

gucci
Years
i'll skip over some of them but usually i try to check as many out as possible. nothing better than going into somebody else's house uninvited amirite

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
All y'all are disrespectful for entering people's houses uninvited. Gladion is the only one with a genuine response lol.

That said I'm a trespassing hypocrite.

Years
I get antsy if I don't go inside and talk to the npcs. What if they say something important or interesting, and I miss it!

Doesn't matter that I'll probably forget about it soon enough, I must know what they say!

Or there might be things inside with interesting game lore. Can't miss that, of course.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Only in the first playthrough if I'm going in completely blind, like I did with Moon. Every other game in the series I only go in if there are items worth having. Or in subsequent playthroughs, of course.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
If it's humanoid, I speak to it. Doesn't matter where. This is mainly because of the first time I ever played LeafGreen, where I didn't get any of the items - Rock Tunnel without Flash, and raising a Dratini without exp. share were a nightmare.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I do! I always talk to every NPC except for games like Pokemon red and blue since I know who I'll have to talk to and the one I don't have to.
I talked to every NPC in Sun after I've beaten the Elite4 and glad I did because I got some items because I was the champion now!

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
see, I find myself doing this less and less in the recent generations where it's no longer necessary to speak to random NPCs to get some of the important items. and then in post-game I feel guilty for skipping so many of the interesting side areas/characters and go back and talk to them all after.

Sirfetch’d

Whenever I play a new game, I talk to every NPC possible. You never know what type of items you will get from them and a lot of them actually have very interesting things to say!

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
I speak to everyone at first and visit every house. At least we don't break people's vases and things like in Legend of Zelda

Years
i tend to explore every side area Hoping to find a good TM or maybe to find a Pokemon that can't be found anywhere else.

I explore every single house i see Since there might be loot inside
And i often talk to every NPC i see and talk to them some more after that.

Years
Yeah I never used to go and do this, I liked to just get on with the game really. But now I sorta realised it's part of the adventure, so I make sure I thoroughly explore every town and talk to everyone :)

Back