• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
Years
The idea's great, you need to maybe read the mapping tutorial. I'm sorry if I offended you.
Edit: I just read that post, and I'm considering not putting your game in the Top Ten. If you're not posting a story, this thread will be closed.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
yes, and then people wants us to respect him...
anyways, everyone else posts a general plot! not every single detail, you need at least a general plot for this to be considered a game thread... and some nice screenshots would help but ye, this is like the 8th time I say this and it didn't work till now so I doubt it will work this time

Tyler

PHP Scripter
Years
The Maps arent any better. To plain and on the second map its got all thos boulders and it would look better with trees and theres black there which there shouldnt be. you realy need to add paths to maps to make it look better.

Zatch bell

Trainer ZX
Years
Okay, people you listen good all reply is answer to me. Dark Ash is a messager on pc.So I'm owner of project 360.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
even worse, because now we realize we've been blaming the wrong person :P
jk, now really work on those maps and show us some screens of the game working.

Dark Ash

Lonely
Years
bye

I'm out of this threat.I am tire of my map so bad but they are different. The other games has tree around it like in your games but not mine.Zatch bell take over from here.:\

Zatch bell

Trainer ZX
Years
Shut up Dark dragon. We trying to make a with use too tree in it. Here we go with insult about the maps and now you with "even worse, because now we realize we've been blaming the wrong person
jk, now really work on those maps and show us some screens of the game working."

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
They're only offering criticisms -your maps are lacking a lot and have a lot of basic errors. You hardly use any tiles (you don't even use the mountain tile for the mountains, just a load of rock tiles), you've left out grass from under a lot of the rocks on your map, and your maps are very basic and plain. You should learn to read people's posts, take the criticisms and then improve, rather than just telling everyone to shut up.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
if you don't want my opinion fine, I have better things to do. And since you sent me one of your maps by msn for me to give you my opinion and then u told me to don't do copy it (first because I don't copy other people work and second because even if I did, I would copy something that I can do 100x better) I feel even more offended but that than you by my critics, believe me....

Years
Poor map design, add more details, such as plants, trees, etc.
The story is inconsistent and too short (more information please)
Also, if you can't take criticism, perhaps you aren't suited to be a game maker?

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
Now, why would I copy this:

20.png

when I can do this (and even better if I feel like it):

mymap.png

And I could give some use to those trees on the side that are there just filling empty space but as this was just an example I didn't put that much of effort into the map (notice the short roads, maybe they could be bigger and I could edit some of the sprites for them to look better with the map) but as I said, that was just for Zatch to compare them so I didn't put much effort on it....

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
Years
oh crap.... well, that was made in a rush anyways!

P.S: as I can take criticism, I corrected my errors (which I would probably have noticed later if I was using the map on an actual game [cause I actually test my maps]).

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
nice map darkdragon :)

zatch you really need to easen up!
these people are saying your map needs to be better!
they are not saying the map is the worst they have ever seen!

I remember my first map used to be stupid!
I kept practising and vola!

PokemonXP

Platinum Battler
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 18, 2010
I agree with everyone criticizing your work. You need to make your maps better. If you need help with your maps look at a guid book of the GBA pokemon games for reference. It takes time and do you have all the tilesets?? Because it looks you only use some of the tiles. If you need help I could help you. How about your story if you stopped production on the game on RPG Maker you can sit down and think about your story and characters and the such. I'm doing that at the moment so my game isn't rushed or doesn't turn out crappy. Trust me I've had experience with stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back