Advertiser Content
Age 34
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
19 posts
5.9 Years
I have been hacking, as of late, FireRed as an experiment. I have encountered an utterly bizarre error.

Having made the following tweaks to the map for Oak’s Laboratory:
• Removed Map-Scripts.
• Imserted a new map-tile script (using XSE, and advancemap) into the map.
Attempting to access Oak’s lab from Palet Town causes the game to reset back to the title-screen.

How any of this happened is simply bewildering to me. I am most thankful in advance for any advice you may offer
~Joey

DrFuji

Heiki Hecchara‌‌

Age 26
Male
Aussie
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
1,625 posts
10.3 Years
That sort of error can usually be fixed by reinserting the map. In A-Map, goto 'File > Map > Save Map As' and save your Oak's Lab as a .map file. Reopen the map by selecting 'File > Map > Open'. Finally, reinsert it back into the game by selecting 'File > Map > Insert Map', replacing map 4.3 in the process. Doing that usually fixes soft crashes upon entering a map. If you're still having issues, just let us know.
Age 34
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
19 posts
5.9 Years
That sort of error can usually be fixed by reinserting the map. In A-Map, goto 'File > Map > Save Map As' and save your Oak's Lab as a .map file. Reopen the map by selecting 'File > Map > Open'. Finally, reinsert it back into the game by selecting 'File > Map > Insert Map', replacing map 4.3 in the process. Doing that usually fixes soft crashes upon entering a map. If you're still having issues, just let us know.
Thank you, DrFuji. I'll try that as soon as I get the time.
Age 34
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
19 posts
5.9 Years
Okay. Update.

I no longer encounter the "returning to the title-screen" error, but am instead encountering something at least as bizarre. Doing the same with the replaced Oak's Lab (4.3) map will simply give me a red screen upon accessing the map.

At this point, I'm beginning to wonder whether the FireRed ROM itself is at-fault, and I may need to use a different ROM?
Advertiser Content