• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009
How can I make a trainer event in advancemap(battle agains me)?
I made a peson but what to do that I can open the script???
What I must do with the "unknown"s, "script offset" and "person ID".
What is the offset, i don´t know anything abaut offset, can I write in the offset anything I will (exemple: $111111)????????

please reply

Here, let me help.

1. For a Trainer event, simply use a "trainerbattle" command in the script.
2. Add an offset
3. The first unknown, above the movement choices, must be set to 03. The person ID is optional
4. An offset is six numbers/letters that contain the script so it can be executed in the
game

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
Hi ya this might be ask already but is there a way to merge ips file and rom file together
if there is pls tell me how.

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009
Hi ya this might be ask already but is there a way to merge ips file and rom file together
if there is pls tell me how.

Yeah. Using Lunar.ips, click "Apply Patch", fidn the ROM and the patch and bam!! They're merged.

Now I have a question. What are the offsets for the following events (ruby USA version)

After going downstairs after setting the clock, your mom calls you over to the tv.

When you first enter your rival's home, their mom comes over to talk to you

After you beat rival and enter's Birch's lab, he gives you the Pokedex

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Just a quick question...

i put a video up on youtube but i can't post it cause this is my first post and i need 15 :( just search for pokemon hack help and look at the 5th one down. should be by klinkdawg.

when i go into the lakefront that i have made i come up on the warps that i have set up there. but then when i try to go back out, the warps won't take me back to where i was before. its like they aren't even there. i am almost positive i have them set up right in advance map, but they still won't work. :( please help me.

PS - Sorry if this is the wrong section. i'm new here and really don't know my way around and this seemed like the place to post :)

You can't go back because the you need to use a tile that allows you to exit. You need a door or something, or something like that shaded area that you go through to get to the lakefront. They're kind of like exit/entrance tiles. The warp probably is in the right place, but unless it's on top of a tile that allows warping it won't work.

AaronB

Noob Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2009
Another question from me!

So, i dug up the pokewich folder that i saved into a backup and put it into my C: folder. I have made a script (it is saved as .rbc) but when i right click it the compile option won't come up (but it did before) I have the BufRite and poketscript things aswell, whats wrong?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
My previous question was skipped, and it is important in my opinion. I really don't understand what do to if I want to insert the Intro sprites correctly.
When I insert them, it begins fine, but after entering a name, it becomes screwy. I asked this earlier and I got answers that didn't really help me like
"use this program" or "fix it". Please, help me for this one.

Okay, now things changes. The intro sprite is in 256-color mode, assuming you're hacking FR/LG. And when you import it through unLZ, you don't have to export the palette. Instead, you just export the image, and edit the palette later one, for example using APE.

are there any tutorials on how to change them through asm?

Not really, sorry. However, can I suggest you reading my ASM lesson?

Another question from me!

So, i dug up the pokewich folder that i saved into a backup and put it into my C: folder. I have made a script (it is saved as .rbc) but when i right click it the compile option won't come up (but it did before) I have the BufRite and poketscript things aswell, whats wrong?

It's just PokeScript, you should use XSE instead.

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2016
Does anyone know how I can make a person follow me around like pikachu in yellow? Ive been trying using advancemap/xse, but pika isnt directly behind me nor does he go far before running into an "invisible" wall.

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
Does anyone know how I can make a person follow me around like pikachu in yellow? Ive been trying using advancemap/xse, but pika isnt directly behind me nor does he go far before running into an "invisible" wall.

That involves ASM hacking, and is very hard and complicated to accomplish.

I have 2 scripting questions:

1. Is there a command like warpcamera that instantaneously moves the camera to a position or another map without moving the player? Would it just be a warp command after special 0x113? (I know about movecamera).

2. How would I manipulate the healing places after you die and what the text says when all your pokemon faint and what Nurse Joy says?

Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2016
That involves ASM hacking, and is very hard and complicated to accomplish.

1. Is there a command like warpcamera that instantaneously moves the camera to a position or another map without moving the player? Would it just be a warp command after special 0x113? (I know about movecamera).

2. How would I manipulate the healing places after you die and what the text says when all your pokemon faint and what Nurse Joy says?

Where could I find ASM? Ive been searching through the site but havent found it yet.
P.S. - I'm willing to accomplish this complicated task

School days again...
Years
Originally Posted by 874521
Is a tile that has 16 colors are like the tiles of Kyledove, the DP player's house?
I repost it. Just to be sure but can I still insert the true colors but I think it's not 16 palettes.
How can I change the HP box, font of the text and the textbox?

TheWicked

Pogi ako!
Years
I repost it. Just to be sure but can I still insert the true colors but I think it's not 16 palettes.
How can I change the HP box, font of the text and the textbox?

Yeah you can.u need to make it into 16 color mode, for u to insert it.
heres how.
1.save the tile into a sheet using paint.
2.open it in irfanview.
3.go to image<decrease color depth.
4.click 16 colors(4bpp)
5.click ok.
its should be in 16 color mode.
6.Then save it.
as u can see. the house tile seem to be ruined.
7.open it on paint.
8.copy the original tile again then paste it. it should be fine.
Then edit the pallets and insert it!
------------------------
Sorry i dont know how to edit the hp,textbox the font.

Last edited:

School days again...
Years
Yeah you can.u need to make it into 16 color mode, for u to insert it.
heres how.
1.save the tile into a sheet using paint.
2.open it in irfanview.
3.go to image<decrease color depth.
4.click 16 colors(4bpp)
5.click ok.
its should be in 16 color mode.
6.Then save it.
as u can see. the house tile seem to be ruined.
7.open it on paint.
8.copy the original tile again then paste it. it should be fine.
Then edit the pallets and insert it!
------------------------
Sorry i dont know how to edit the hp,textbox the font.

So you can only insert tiles that has 16 palettes?
Thanks for answering my question.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011

1. Try using the different warp commands. They should work, I guess.
2. Editing the text is easy as editing any other texts. You just need to find where is it. As for the healing places, the table starts at 0x3EEC98.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back