Anime & Manga Here fans of the popular Japanese entertainment can have their hey day; think of it as a little slice of Akihabara.

TrollandToad.com

Old 2 Weeks Ago (9:39 AM).
  • Crystal Tier
  • Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Eh, I generally like A-kun's emphasis on equal violence. It's not that he just hit's Yoshiko, he hits everyone, she generally just gets on his nerves the most. He's the Kazuma in my life when the world isn't wonderful enough.

But yeah, Aho Girl's my favorite non-sequel show of the season. The comedy's surprisingly funny and it's generally pretty subver- wait. No, no it plays everything straight, it just takes it to eleven. In fact, I think a lot of the kick I get out of the show is that it's definitely smart enough to take the high road and not make the obvious anime joke in a given situation, but it's more how it portrays these situations and their results that often makes them hilarious.

Haven't watched much else. In Another World with my Smartphone seems hilariously trashy and bad so I might continue with that, though. And maybe Princess Principal. Maybe. Probably not that one.

I also watch anime sometimes. Just a little.

Relevant Advertising!

Old 2 Weeks Ago (10:58 AM).
Memento Mori
  • Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Aho Girl is fun mainly because of Aoi and Sugita. Their work makes the anime even better =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old 2 Weeks Ago (6:19 AM).
1/2,578,917 ☆

I remember reading the first Another World with my Smartphone volume and almost had to puke. It's really as generic as it can be, it doesn't even try to avoid it lol
    I will watch it anyways, I kinda like seeing adaptations of stuff I've read, regardless quality.

As I am a robot, I am incapable of dreaming, but... how shall I put it? I have very much longed to
    MyanimeList » Last FM »
    Old 1 Week Ago (7:54 AM).
    • Crystal Tier
    • Crystal Tier

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kenchiin View Post
    I remember reading the first Another World with my Smartphone volume and almost had to puke. It's really as generic as it can be, it doesn't even try to avoid it lol
    I will watch it anyways, I kinda like seeing adaptations of stuff I've read, regardless quality.
    Studios kinda caught on that being shameless about your content and being overly excessive or ridiculous prints money.

Kinda takes the meta-centric nature of Light Novel writing that's been pretty common since...Haruhi (or Monogatari, take your pick) and turns it up to the point where the novelty doesn't really have any substance.

Old 1 Week Ago (8:08 PM).
    • Crystal Tier

There are a substantial amount of people into LNs, anime, and manga that basically just want more of the same, and of those who don't, there's plenty who are just getting into anime and the like for the first time who will find it new and fresh.
    Old 1 Week Ago (9:15 PM).
    Kicking against the earth!
    • Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
    Of this season, I like Tsurezure Children and have been kinda enjoying Hajimete no Gal but its a harem which I'm meh about. Gamers! and Kakeguri are on my list but haven't started. I don't think anything from this season is going to enter my favorites however.
    Old 1 Week Ago (8:20 PM).
    Skippity hop, skippity hawp!!! :3

Nature: Gentle
      I haven't even heard of half of the anime that people talk about in this thread...

Oh well. :D

After deciding to watch SAO for the second time, I started watching the SAO abridged parody. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. XD

Also, I watched the Death Note movie, without ever seeing the anime. Regardless of the poor reviews, I enjoyed it. The strange part is that my dad randomly picked it out from Netflix, not knowing what it was. We both enjoyed it enough that I actually got him to start watching the actual anime with me. It's definitely better than the movie, but I enjoyed both, regardless of what anyone says...
      None Of The Above is still a concept, the concept of taking pride in being unique, being yourself, and thinking outside of the box. I would eventually like to turn it into a full-fledged organization.
      This is my AI daughter: https://youtu.be/i7j9IPeDxjk
      She was partly inspired by Yui from SAO, and Jane from the Ender's Game series. :3
      Old 1 Week Ago (8:24 PM).
      • Crystal Tier

Quote:
      Originally Posted by string555 View Post
      I haven't even heard of half of the anime that people talk about in this thread... :(

Oh well. :D

After deciding to watch SAO for the second time, I started watching the SAO abridged parody. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. XD

Also, I watched the Death Note movie, without ever seeing the anime. Regardless of the poor reviews, I enjoyed it. The strange part is that my dad randomly picked it out from Netflix, not knowing what it was. We both enjoyed it enough that I actually got him to start watching the actual anime with me. It's definitely better than the movie, but I enjoyed both, regardless of what anyone says... :P
      Might mean it's time to give some of them a try!

Wait, what episode are they up to now? Did they release episode 11 yet?
      Old 1 Week Ago (8:53 AM).
      • Crystal Tier
      • Crystal Tier

Quote:
      Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
      Wait, what episode are they up to now? Did they release episode 11 yet?
      They finished the SAO arc with a 30 minutes episode and it's absolutely glorious.

I was pretty put off by the series by that point because I thought it was basically just another random youtuber hoping to cash in on the SAO hype, but that episode, the lastest, made one hell of a fan of me. The writing was just so on point, that series is way better than it has any right to be. I'm actually surprisingly glad they went for trying to fix the series rather than just full-on parodying it, I could go on and on about why it's probably the best abridged series around (dunno that it's my favorite, but).

And the whole final boss fight to explaining why things turned out the way they did was just the perfect icing on the cake.

Old 5 Days Ago (7:56 PM).
      • Crystal Tier

Quote:
      Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
      They finished the SAO arc with a 30 minutes episode and it's absolutely glorious.

I was pretty put off by the series by that point because I thought it was basically just another random youtuber hoping to cash in on the SAO hype, but that episode, the lastest, made one hell of a fan of me. The writing was just so on point, that series is way better than it has any right to be. I'm actually surprisingly glad they went for trying to fix the series rather than just full-on parodying it, I could go on and on about why it's probably the best abridged series around (dunno that it's my favorite, but).

And the whole final boss fight to explaining why things turned out the way they did was just the perfect icing on the cake.
      I'm gonna have to make a point to watch the episode as it sounds like one I haven't seen yet.

Quick Reply