• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDODC13

Psychic Lover
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Lookin good Zel. Quick question though. How are you going to work the clefairy scene at mount moon? If I remember correctly from the original it was at night on mondays...Will it just be an everyday thing then or a once and done?

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2014
Hack of the year? Try hack of the decade!:D

Hey Zel, I have a thought:

Mt. Mortar Interior's BGM is that of the Deoxys battle. What would you say to making that Victory Road's BGM while in turn setting Mt. Mortar's to either Deoxys Appears (the music that plays when Deoxys descends onto Birth Island), Mt. Moon Interior, Team Rocket Hideout, or Viridian Forest?

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Woot! ss Aqua
will developing will be now faster,now that Kanto is pretty much done? (Maps from FR)
And will the islands be included too?

Not exactly. As, with the tile change I did, most of the maps became quite messy. So a clean-up is needed. By the way, I'm trying to make the Kanto maps look as in Gold, and not as in FR.

yeah...ive encountered a problem..im battling "carlos" and he has a missingno with wonder guard...how do i beat him if i cant touch him!?!?

I've heard about this how many times? :P Either the rom you applied the patch was already patched with another game before. Or it may be that your rom does not work right. Getting a rom from a different source could be my only suggestion.

Lookin good Zel. Quick question though. How are you going to work the clefairy scene at mount moon? If I remember correctly from the original it was at night on mondays...Will it just be an everyday thing then or a once and done?

Usually, for events that are clock-related, my first thought is to make them timed-events (like Berries, and all of that). I'm not quite sure, though.

Mt. Mortar Interior's BGM is that of the Deoxys battle. What would you say to making that Victory Road's BGM while in turn setting Mt. Mortar's to either Deoxys Appears (the music that plays when Deoxys descends onto Birth Island), Mt. Moon Interior, Team Rocket Hideout, or Viridian Forest?

I used that for Mt.Mortar because it really turned my spirit for a little cave quest... I guess it could work for the V.Road also. But, in reality, it wouldn't matter much, as there should be some music changing sometime.

Well, I won't post screenshots today (don't want to overdo it, month is long... :D), but I've been busy improving a few things today (like the titlescreen, at least a little)

By the way. Don't forget to check out other games before deciding for the HotY, perhaps you find something that's better in your opinion (forget about popularity, think about technical stuff)

shadowboy166

Gues who's internet is working
Years
  • Age 29
  • hell
  • Seen Dec 7, 2023
Hack of the year? Try hack of the decade!:D

Lol you got that right! GO ZEL! Thanks again for the offsets :classic:

Edit: Is it just me or deos the HM and TM bag not come in preview of beta 4? just wondering because i can't access the HM/TM slot in the bag

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
Years
Maybe you can do the clefairy scene pbtainable ypu beath the league,or something like that

Guessing you meant...

"Maybe you can make the clefairy scene obtainable after you beat the league, or something like that."? =P

Zel, Bit confused, will we be able to use the female in B4? as the sprite and OW were finished the last time I saw you mention it, then you said we shouldn't a few pages back...

This is the post I'm referring to about them being ready =P

http://pkmncommunity.com/showpost.php?p=2436392&postcount=3154

And holy crap, I just realized, I first posted on page 32, damn, didn't realize I've been watching this so long O.O

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2014
Lol you got that right! GO ZEL! Thanks again for the offsets :classic:

Edit: Is it just me or deos the HM and TM bag not come in preview of beta 4? just wondering because i can't access the HM/TM slot in the bag

Um, if you remember from Firered and Leafgreen, the TMs and HMs are accessed via the "TM CASE" in the Key Items section of the bag.

shadowboy166

Gues who's internet is working
Years
  • Age 29
  • hell
  • Seen Dec 7, 2023
Um, if you remember from Firered and Leafgreen, the TMs and HMs are accessed via the "TM CASE" in the Key Items section of the bag.

Oh yeah thanks :D I forgot because i lost my leaf green and havn't played for ages lol thanks!

SilentWing

クロバット
Years
It looks like you've already caught up to where you were before the virus attack...and beyond!

Just curious, is there any testing going on with BGM inserts? I know you said you "have practiced with good midis and the sound in the game sounds quite good." Does that mean you got the game to change its music?! That sounds almost impossible! Do you think any music change will make it into Beta 4?

As always, rooting for you (and all Johto remakes, but yours is surely the farthest and most advanced so far)!

Silent Storm

Achieving Perfection
Years
It looks like you've already caught up to where you were before the virus attack...and beyond!

Just curious, is there any testing going on with BGM inserts? I know you said you "have practiced with good midis and the sound in the game sounds quite good." Does that mean you got the game to change its music?! That sounds almost impossible! Do you think any music change will make it into Beta 4?

As always, rooting for you (and all Johto remakes, but yours is surely the farthest and most advanced so far)!

Its not.

I have been experimenting with music adding, it is not that hard once you get the hang of it.

Maewa

Hmmm........... Man+Sheep=Jail
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2007
My God Zel i have Been Following this hack for ages (not in public buit just reading and looking) and i finnally got an account so i decided to drop a line.

This Hack is probobly the Greatest in the World. Im amazed how you managed to do EVERY SINGLE BIT of the hack by yourself (mostly) Its amazing and that you have got more that 3/4 of the way done in a couple of months with a virus attack not too long ago! I Have been hacking recerntly, im gunna put my hack up soon, but scripting is EXTREMELY HARD and i am a complete failure at the Title Screen Editing:P

So PM me if you need anything. and also, Keep up the Extremely Amazing Work!!!!

Maewa!

Youji

Game Designer
Years
My God Zel i have Been Following this hack for ages (not in public buit just reading and looking) and i finnally got an account so i decided to drop a line.

This Hack is probobly the Greatest in the World. Im amazed how you managed to do EVERY SINGLE BIT of the hack by yourself (mostly) Its amazing and that you have got more that 3/4 of the way done in a couple of months with a virus attack not too long ago! I Have been hacking recerntly, im gunna put my hack up soon, but scripting is EXTREMELY HARD and i am a complete failure at the Title Screen Editing:P

So PM me if you need anything. and also, Keep up the Extremely Amazing Work!!!!

Maewa!

Maybe you should have a look at the titlescreen tutorial. i have made a tiltlescreen yesterday and its not as hard as you think. just read it carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back