• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Touhoumon Faith & Prayer Version

Derxwna Kapsyla

Derxwna "The Badman" Kapsyla
Years
Demo 6 is now online and ready to assimilate another few hours of your time! Changes are in the first post (or will be rather shortly, please be patient). This Demo also marks the end of the Kokoro event, and the start of the Yamame event. Get your idols while they're live (Note: Do not download A-No-Ne-Ga-N-Ba-Re before loading Demo 6.)
Specifics can be found here: http://chaoticinfinitydev.tumblr.com/post/121143477503/touhoumon-faith-prayer-version-demo-6-public

EDIT: There was an oversight on my part and there were a few annoying bugs present on release. A quick patch, with installation and description of the bug, can be found here.

Last edited:

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
Demo 6 came with a surprise bug that i fixed in Demo 7, but is of critical importance to fix. I made a quick patch to resolve this issue which I have coined the Route 11 Bug.
You can download the fix for it here. I will append it to the OP for easy finding.

Information about the bug itself can be found at these links:
http://derxwnakapsyla.tumblr.com/search/Route+11+Bug
http://chaoticinfinitydev.tumblr.com/search/Route+11+Bug
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=355962

Just follow the instructions found in the file, and your games should be patched.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 26, 2019
I found this only recently and im really enjoying it, already made it to and annihilated Falkner I want MOAR.

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
Years
its really nice to see a Touhoumon hack here as not many hacks like this about i loved the description on how they took over the pokemon world keep up the excellent work its amazing

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
So, I don't update forum posts very often - it's better to get news from my blog (or work blog) directly, but I'll summarize the past few months.

Around the start of October, the very start of the month, while I was working on Faith & Prayer Version, my external fried and broke on me. I mentioned this in the first post. Recently, I got some information on my external - the Read/Write head on it was broken, and would need to be replaced. The rough quote estimate was around 600~1500 dollars. I opened up a donation pool to try and help me fund the data recover (because there's other important stuff to me on there that can't be replaced even if I had all the time in the world), but I'm not expecting a miracle of it being under 900 dollars, nor am I expecting people to donate such great sums of money. So I spent the past 3 months in a hyper-depressive slump, gradually getting worse and worse as time went on.

I decided it was time to put an end to that.

On the 25th, I reopened RPG Maker XP and my backup of Faith & Prayer version for the first time in 3 months and started to try and recover my groove. Since then I've added a few small things, such as an EV/IV check screen. I'm also not entirely ready to rework on the maps I had lost, so I'm doing a play through of the game once more to try and find some earlier bugs and issues, and as I play I'm touching up the maps. I've grown a lot since I started working on Faith & Prayer Version back in, and I've noticed some of my older mapping decisions are a bit tacky, as well as some of my balancing decisions. In the balancing department, I have changed Curator Miles's battle around. This change was made because I felt having Chibi Suika with Minimize was godawful and this wasn't my idea in the beginning. This is currently up to a suspect test, but I haven't had any real issues with the new fight. As for the maps, I've touched them up in a way that I think improves how they look, but keeps the design the same. For example. This is Pallet Town in Demos 6 downward
Spoiler:

And this is how it looks in Demo 7 now.
Spoiler:

The same type of changes have been made to Route 1 and Viridian City so far. Expect the new Demo to have revised maps along these lines. As a result, you'll need to save inside buildings before updating, but that's something to worry about when the update happens.
I also made some tweaks to the trade script! It's not very big, but it adds some more life to trading I'd say. I'm looking into revising the trade segment some more, so it looks prettier. The only real changes to it right now are a bgm during trade and a fanfare when you finish a trade. An example video can be found right here.

So, while progress on Demo 7's actual content is... well, near-non-existent (I had some D7 stuff before I lost the external, but mostly some framework scripts, such as music looping), I'm slowly working myself into being able to actually work on the game again. I can't tell you when Demo 7 will be done (i never could tell you when any demo would be done), but I can tell you that progress is being made once more.

I haven't gotten proper word back about if the external data is recoverable yet, as it was Christmas Weekend so the repair place was closed, but I'll call in later today and see what I can find out. If you want to donate money to help me recover my data, please hold onto it until I find out more - I don't want people donating their money only for me to find out that I can't recover the data, then sitting there with money stockpiled in my account. I'd honestly feel terrible. If you really want to though, there is a link to my paypal donation button on my blog.

I'll try and keep people informed on the updates to Faith & Prayer Version as time progresses. Until next time folks, stay magnificent!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 7, 2020
Hello! I found your game pretty recently and found that the girl in the vermillion city that gives out the vs. seeker is gone. Is there any way to get the vs seeker in this game?

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
I'll restate what I said on Tumblr more or less: The VS seeker would be tedious to code in, and I didn't intend to have rebattleable trainers. Too much work to maintain. There are trainers you can refight infinitely, but those are at the Elite 4 and each region's Hall of Representatives. However, you wont really benefit from those until around the end of that respective region.

AkioMoto

Seer of Ledian's true power!
Years
I love the game but I feel that it has a drastic difficulty spike at around the 4th gym mark (or I just suck)
and dear god that unown cry is loud and piercing and it be nice if the volume for it was toned down if that's even possible. I always have trouble picking team members but I do like the designs and the music keep up the great work! (how are animations coming for the moves I'd love to see what they will look like in the next demo?)

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
Around the fourth gym is when you can pretty much choose wherever you want to go - if you try to do Saffron or Lavender, you're guaranteed to get facerolled because it's way beyond your current levels. The gyms basically progress in the same way they did in Kanto (Lavender's gym is unofficial, and thus you get nothing by exp for it).
The Unown cries have been replaced as of Demo 7, but Demo 7 will be taking a while because of a lot of reasons.
The animations...? Those won't be moving for a very. Very. Long time. I don't even plan to touch them until I actually finish probably, because I'm going to import whatever Essentials has done to the best of my ability. Hopefully when I'm done, Essentials will have also finished the All Animations Project.

AkioMoto

Years
ok I where do you get chrome shards because I can't find this info anywhere I'm assuming the mining minigame but some info would be nice?

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
Chrome Shards are obtainable on Route 26, which is only accessible after you finish Kanto's plot. This is because the Chrome Shard evos are rather unique, and I wanted to make them still somewhat late-ish. Obtainable alongside them is Solar Shards, which allow you to get Advent Puppets. As of right now, this is the only way to get either of those shards. It's not likely to change, unless I make them items in the overworld.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways, I'll post a quick update while I'm here. I'm foregoing the External build entirely and I'm going to work from scratch again, and I've accepted that. I've done a lot of stuff in the past few months, and this is just the public change log:
Code:
???: Demo 7
* PLEASE save inside buildings or caves. Several changes were done to exteriors for touch up work, and you may end up stuck in a tree or worse.
	* ESPECIALLY in Pewter City!
	* Also, to be on the safe side, do not save inside Celadon Game Corner.
- Fixed typos here and there
- Fixed a warp in Seafoam Islands not properly leading out (7/31/2015)
- Made it so you could no longer obtain Puppets in Pokedex slots #909-#912 via wondertrade. (8/2/2015)
- Did some tweaks to Route 20 to fix the Surf issue. (8/2/2015)
- I have added in Klein's Map Transition Overlay Fix, this will fix some issues on map transitions with tiles you can hide behind when transfering maps. (8/6/2015)
	* Unfortunately it's not an absolute perfect fix, but it does the best it can.
- The issue with the incorrect Pokeball being shown on the capture summary screen has been resolved. (8/6/2015)
	* Unfortunately, because of how Essentials handles the Pokeballs, it persists in all save files before this fix was applied. Any Pokemon or Puppet caught after the fix will show the correct Pokeball.
	* This also means any old Mystery Gift files show incorrect Pokeballs as well. Unfortunately I cannot fix this short of recreating the events.
- Jump Kick's base power has been fixed; is now 85 instead of 110.
- Added a new Lava tileset to the game, and changed the Cinnabar Volcano tiles to use it. (9/6/2015)
- Chiyuri, Yumemi, and Ruukoto now have more appropriate Overworld sprites (9/6/2015)
- Curator Miles, the replacement leader for Brock at Pewter City, has had his team altered. Relevant changes are in the Important Trainers Levels file. (12/26/2015)
- An Item Vendor was added to Mt. Moon's Pokemon Center (1/13/2016)
- Added a New Event to Cerulean City, as well as an NPC to go along with it. (1/20/2016)
- Added several NPCs and Items across Kanto (1/21/2016-Onward)
- Fixed Mystery Gift not detecting any gifts (1/21/2016)
- Made the Triple Triad Shop in the Celadon Game Corner use coins instead of money, all text reflects this now too. (1/26/2016)
- Added Chibi VIVIT and VIVIT to the game! CVIVIT can be obtained at the Celadon Game Corner. (2/2/2016)
- Recollection is now a separate move from Transform, and behaves slghtly differently. (2/2/2016)
- Added all the prize vendors to the Celadon Game Corner, but they can only be accessed after you clear the events at Cinnabar Island (2/2/2016)
	* One vendor on the first basement floor can be interacted with whenever. (2/16/2016)
- A sheet that documents all the Game Corner prizes you get has been added to the "THIS IS USEFUL STUFF" folder. (2/2/2016)
- Added the Puppet Fossils to the Mining Minigame (2/16/2016)
- Added an item called the "Link Stone" to a store in Silph Co., but it's only purchasable after you finish the events at Cinnabar Island (2/17/2016)
- Rest and Sleep Talk were fixed so that they actually work now. (2/18/2016)
- Made it so text refering to Technical Machines and Hidden Machines for Puppet-skills was changed to Skill Cards and Hidden Cards. (2/18/2016)
- This demo starts at Union Cave, and ends after the Dilapidated Shrine event, with parts connecting into Mahogany Town and Lake of Rage. The western part of Johto, from Route 38 onward, as well as the remainder of the eastern half of Johto, from Route 44 onward, is blocked off until Demo 8.
And while we're at it, let's go fully transparent. It's the least I can do honestly. As such, here is the complete Demo 7 change log as of March 10th, 2016. Be warned, there ARE some spoilers in there.

You can keep up to date on my blogs, as per usual. If you have any more questions, feel free to direct them my way!

Last edited:

AkioMoto

Years
Chrome Shards are obtainable on Route 26, which is only accessible after you finish Kanto's plot. This is because the Chrome Shard evos are rather unique, and I wanted to make them still somewhat late-ish. Obtainable alongside them is Solar Shards, which allow you to get Advent Puppets. As of right now, this is the only way to get either of those shards. It's not likely to change, unless I make them items in the overworld.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think there was an error because I was able to dig up solar shards in demo 6 but hey I'm not complaining {XD}

here I got a pic of it after the wall collapsed I'll try to get one before it collapses

Attachments

• Proof.PNG
    Proof.PNG
    3.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Derxwna Kapsyla

Years
Huh, guess I forgot I made them obtainable in the digging minigame! I guess I got tired of them being disastrously unobtainable otherwise and just threw them in. Alright then!
But yeah, Chrome Shards will not be. I explained them as being fully synthetic shards which bring out a Puppet's "secret" potential.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 13, 2018
Anyways, I'll post a quick update while I'm here. I'm foregoing the External build entirely and I'm going to work from scratch again, and I've accepted that. I've done a lot of stuff in the past few months, and this is just the public change log:

Been awhile since I took a look at this. Sorry to hear about your external frying.

I do have a question though.

If your starting from scratch, does that mean savegames wont be compatible between the current version and the rebuilt one?

Years
Hi! I have been playing this game for a while, and i am in the first gym. The trainer before the leader has a pokemon that have poison sting, and if it posion one of my puppets and it lives, when i go to the pokemon center when the posion fades away a error ocurs.
I didn't take a photo of it and i winned before it poisoned my pokemon so i don't have a photo.

ookamishadows

ookamishadows
Years
I downloaded Touhoumon Faith & Prayer last night and started playing it. The game is awesome! I never knew about Touhou before finding your game. I hope you never stop working on games and I hope you, time permitted will finish this game. fight-o Badman-sama

Back