• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PCL] Black Magic, PCL Season 2+Off-Season

ey so which 'mon are we gonna build around?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Balance is fine by me. I'm not exactly into Mega Latias though, but if we do use it, maybe this set?:
Latias @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 68 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Roar
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Balance is fine by me. I'm not exactly into Mega Latias though, but if we do use it, maybe this set?:
We are still gathering ideas, so it sure would be nice if you could suggest something that you'd like us to build around. For variety and the sake of discussion. Heck, even if we don't settle with MLati, I could still try to build such a team myself. :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I'd prefer sand HO with Mega Heracross
I wonder how "creative" that would be. I mean it pretty much implies that we use stuff like Scarf Ttar+Excadrill (plus something to not make the team lose to burns/Lando).

In general, I wonder how much creativity we could actually go for.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
Balance works for me as well, but I'm not too into the Mega Latias idea.

Maybe we could bring in a UU mega like Absol?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
We could use Mega Absol I guess. It bugs me that it's made of glass but oh well they want some creativity and at least it has Magic Bounce.

And idk pair it with Excadrill or Starmie and throw in a Talonflame or something?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I suppose, there won't be other suggestions. Can we get a poll or something? That way we can at least decide what mon to build around.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
M'kay, there's now a poll up with the 3 megas mentioned so far. Let's see how this goes....

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Just saying that in case of no real victor in the poll, our clan head might as well decide by a coin flip who we build around :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Mega Absol it is. Next thing would be deciding on which set we want to use. We basically have to choose between a physical one or a mixed attacker.

Opinions?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Jolly / Naive Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Fire Blast / Ice Beam / Pursuit
- Superpower

That's pretty much the basic layout of the All-Out Attacker set. If we go mixed, Pursuit is pretty much out of question. Fire Blast is for the likes of Ferrothorn and Skarmory and Ice Beam for Lando-T and Gliscor. There's also options like Thunderbolt (for stuff like Azumarill).

So, what are we going for?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
https://gist.github.com/TheRF/88cd6df2e7bf3774a0a3

Stuff. Figured I might as well throw that out. Just some unfinished garbage, tbh., but since I figured that I might not even finish that stuff anyway, since I can't really find any sort of motivation, because I'm just a depressed piece of shit, I'll just show what I threw together. There's no real explanation to all the stuff, because I don't really feel like it and like I said, it's not even finished. <_<

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I mean hey it's a start, and we kinda needed to get working on this anyway. It's not like you needed to make a finished team anyway since it's a clan thing that we're all supposed to contribute to.

I do like Toxicroak because the Water immunity is hella nice and it means we get a good Fairy check without resorting to a Steel type plus it gets Drain Punch to help it live longer in addition to water healing. It's also not a usual OU 'mon so there's that too n_n

I would actually change Talonflame to a set with Taunt over Will-o-Wisp so it breaks stall better, which the team needs (could also run a different EV spread to give more offensive presence, maybe).

Gonna need a spinner though because of the bird and hazard damage is no fun to have to keep taking over the course of the match.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
The main issue that I have is that it's supposed to be an offensive core that breaks down defensive mons, yet it struggels with MSab, which is pretty much the embodiment of defensive. Also, since the core isn't all that bulky, offensive pressure kinda seems more important, making Hazard Removal potentially more of a hindrance. I'd actually prefer to not having to use TFlame at all. Not because I don't like it, but rather because of Rocks and stuff.

One of the good things about Toxicroak is that it also deals with Azumarill, which is usually one of the big threats to offensive teams.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
https://gist.github.com/TheRF/88cd6df2e7bf3774a0a3

Not my proudest creation but I'm at the point where I don't give a crap. Do whatever you want with it, change it, leave it as is, create something completely different, or keep ignoring everything; see if I care. No matter what you do, I think I've done enough for this "team work project" and you'll probably be able to deal with everything else.

I'm gonna take a break at least until the next season starts. Maybe I get some motivation to deal with you people again. Yadayadarantrantimoutcyalaterblabla.

I'm gonna play some Smash or something...

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
So made a few modifications to the version of the team RF posted:
Spoiler:

Yes there's no 6th 'mon, but that can just be filled with a Scarfer or something. Can go with Garchomp like in RF's version, or something else. Was kinda hoping that some of the rest of you could perhaps pitch ideas for the final slot.....

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
pinging ppl wolf style

We're now in a clan war with Shawn's clan, Majestic Milotics. Matchups are already assigned, see the thread for the details: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=365711

Make sure to work out your times and formats with your opponent. Deadline is April 6th. Good luck everyone, and remember that there are resources to help you out and stuff

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
So made a few modifications to the version of the team RF posted:
Spoiler:

Yes there's no 6th 'mon, but that can just be filled with a Scarfer or something. Can go with Garchomp like in RF's version, or something else. Was kinda hoping that some of the rest of you could perhaps pitch ideas for the final slot.....
What is Starmie's EV spread for? Doesn't seem to be a standard one.

Back