• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who was your first? (poll)

Who was your starter?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Started with Silver and my starter was Cyndaquil. To this date the only fire starter I prefer over a water starter (except Hoenn - all starters are tied for me).

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Started out in gold.... 15 years ago, dang. I'm getting old My buddy Cydaquil kept me company as I ventured through the harsh and unforgiving land that is Johto. I must say, I restarted that game soo many times, I believed I new game'd 3 times before finally getting to Whitney. Each time picking a new starter.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
I started with Sinnoh, my first ever Pokemon was Turtwig! Such a blast from the past...

Years
Moving this over to PGC since it's more about the games than the franchise in general. ^_^

Also, my memory is shit so my first starter either had to be Torchic in Gen III or Bulbasaur back in RBY but I don't know if I was really exposed to RBY enough back in the day...

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Oct 27, 2017
This is very difficult for me. I technically started with Emerald in Hoenn, but I didn't really grasp the adventure. It wasn't till Pearl came out that I grasped the seriousness of the game, and bonded with it and the characters I met. So, if you ask me, I started the franchise with Treecko, but I started my journey into the world of Pokemon with Chimchar.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
Years
Shee, I was six back then... I think the first cartridge I played was Yellow, but Pikachu ain't on the list...
so it's either Gold or Blue I played then. But I do not remember which I picked for Blue at all, but I know for Gold I picked Cyndaquil, so that's my pick.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
I started out in Silver, and my first partner was the cute Chikorita! :3

Years
Squirtle was my official starter way back when I got my first game, Red or Blue, but the one I actually connected with was Mudkip, several years later when I got Sapphire o:

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
A bit hard to recall, but I do believe it was Squirtle. I know that it wasn't Charmander for sure, because I clearly remember not using fire starters until Diamond and Pearl.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 7, 2020
I definitely remember playing with Squirtle way back in Red version. My Squirtle was also the first pokemon I ever owned to reach level 100. Oh man thinking about this hit me right in the nostalgia.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
Technically it was Bulbasaur...but I deleted that save and restarted with Squirtle. Now I almost always use the water starter

Back