• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: The Pros and Cons of ROM Hacking vs. Game Development

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
mentioned this in discord.

the article would be a (hopefully?) unbiased look at the differences and reasons anyone might choose one over the other. it would be around two and a half pages - one for ROM Hacking pros and cons, one for Game Dev pros and cons, and a short summary paragraph. it would not draw any final conclusions about which is superior. If someone's made up their mind already, a Daily article wouldn't change it, and I'm not trying to. It's purpose is merely to be a resource for people who aren't sure which to go for, without concluding that one side is superior.

kostas has shown interest in helping with this, so I"ll likely end up making a Lumiose Press thread to collaborate on it. I would also be interested in getting short quotes from each of the fangame mods about their choice and why they choose the option they did.

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
Years
The concept sounds great, and I think that putting other's opinions in would do a great job at creating a neutral atmosphere for the piece. Although I believe that you are more than capable of making this unbiased yourself, the average reader may not so I understand this approach.

+1 <3

Back