• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Random Pokemon Challenge~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
Years
here you go arcelio and yes action replay is allowed
343.png
#343 - Baltoy
115.png
#115 - Kangaskhan
127.png
#127 - Pinsir
100.png
#100 - Voltorb
6.png
#6 - Charizard
442.png
#442 - Spiritomb

Interesting selections. Just one question; am I allowed to evolve them? Them being Voltorb and Baltoy (since those were the only ones with evolutions on my whole team >_>)? Also, should I use my Action Replay to catch all those Pokemon in the beginning, or should I wait and catch the ones that are available one at a time (basically, only Pinsir until post-Elite 4)?

P.S: Another question, concerning Action Replay and Charizard. Do I set the Action Replay to catch Charizard, or do I set it to catch Charmander, and then evolve it into Charizard throughout the game? I'm assuming I'm supposed to catch the Charmander first, but I want to make sure.

Last edited:

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
Years

Interesting selections. Just one question; am I allowed to evolve them? Them being Voltorb and Baltoy (since those were the only ones with evolutions on my whole team >_>)? Also, should I use my Action Replay to catch all those Pokemon in the beginning, or should I wait and catch the ones that are available one at a time (basically, only Pinsir until post-Elite 4)?
No, that's part of the challenge, you have to use the exact pokemon generated

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
Years
Name: eveelution
Game: Pearl
# of Randoms: 5
Which generation: IV
Monotype: No
Will you be able to trade for or get all Pokemon: Yes

Man, this is going to be so cool!

Last edited:

リュザキ

Pokemon Detective
Years
This looks fun, count me in.

Name: リュザキ
Game: LeafGreen
# of Randoms: 5
Which Generation: I
Will you be able to trade for or get all Pokemon: No

Last edited:

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
Years
WriteThemWrong: Could I please replace Wigglytuff with a HM slave? Thanks.

UPDATE ONE:

Littleroot Town:
-Began game with Mudkip, named Pikdum :3
-Left Littleroot Town and made way to Pewter City, battling as little trainers as possible (So i can train up first Pokemans)

Petalburg City:
-Healed Pikdum at Pokecenter
-Went to Petalburg Gym and helped Wally catch a Pokemon. Annoying little squirt...
-Headed straight to Petalburg Woods to catch Shroomish.

Petalburg Woods:
-Spent an insane amount of time trying to catch Shroomish, but one never appeared.
-Went further up the track and found another man who was looking for a Shroomish. He was attacked by a Team Aqua Grunt.
-I kicked the Team Aqua Grunt's A$$
-Finally found a Shroomish Lv 6! :) Caught and named Hsimoorh (Pronounced sigh-moore)
-Left Woods.

Petalburg City:
-Deposited Pikdum at the Pokemon Center, never to be used again... :(
-Went back and defeated all the trainers I didn't beat before, making my way up to Rustboro City.

Rustboro City:
-Healed Hsimoorh at Pokemon Center and explored the rest of the town.
-Decided to go to Route 116 to find a Skitty. After a while of searching I thought 'screw this' and went to the gym instead.
-Easily defeated Roxanne with 5 Bullet Seeds from Hsimoorh.
-Went back out to Route 116 and defeated another Aqua member in a cave, rescuing a Wingull named Peeko. Mr Briney took Peeko and left.
-Went back outside and finally found a Skitty :P Caught and named Yttacled (Pronounced Yay-sill-ed (Silent T's))
-Saved game and turned off.

END OF UPDATE ONE.

CURRENT POKEMON:
HSIMOORH LV 16
YTTACLED LV 8

CURRENT BADGES:
STONE BADGE

Freydan

Mystery Woman
Years
Update III

Azalea Town --> Ilex Forest

- Reached Azalea Town after some training on Route 33.
- At Azalea Town Pokemon Centre, acquired level 1 Sneasel (nicknamed FRANZISKA) via trade from my Diamond game.
- Backtracked to Route 33 to train Sneasel for a while, up until about level 11.
- Went through Slowpoke Well. EDGEWORTH evolved into Mightyena whilst training there.
- After completing Slowpoke Well, backtracked to Route 33 again to level up my whole team a little. (all roughly level 17/18, except FRANZISKA who was still on level 13).
- Went through Bugsy's Gym using just PHOENIX (Murkrow), easypeasy.
- Battled Rival by the exit of Azalea Town.
- Entered Ilex Forest to do some training, and caught the Farfetch'd that some guy had lost.

Current team:
Poochyena (GUMSHOE)
Lvl. 20
-Tackle
-Odor Sleuth
-Sand Attack
-Bite

Mightyena (EDGEWORTH)
Lvl. 18
-Tackle
-Howl
-Sand Attack
-Bite

Murkrow (PHOENIX)
Lvl. 21
-Wing Attack
-Night Shade
-Pursuit
-Haze

Sneasel
(FRANZISKA)
Lvl. 14
-Screech
-Faint Attack
-Taunt
-Quick Attack

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2013
Update!

I just noticed that i forgot to name myself Kefka, and named myself Chris instead, for some reason. Oh well.

I beat Whitney! It wasn't really that hard with a little training. On my way to Ecruteak now.

Nidorina
Lv. 17
-Poison Sting
-Tackle
-Scratch
-Double Kick

Pineco
Lv. 20
-Tackle
-Protect
-Selfdestruct
-Take Down

Ledyba
Lv. 20
-Tackle
-Supersonic
-Comet Punch
-Headbutt

Sandslash
Lv. 22
-Poison Sting
-Defense Curl
-Mud-Slap
-Cut

And by the way, is it possible to get a Moon Stone before you go to Cianwood? Because otherwise i'm screwed, because none of my pokemon can learn Surf, except for Nidoqueen, which i need a stone for.

Last edited:

Arcelio

This was a triumph.
Years
Well, I started my challenge today, after five hours of passing out, so I'll record my progress. Also, to those that don't know, I'm using HeartGold, and an Action Replay to catch all my Pokemon as soon as possible. I'll provide a screen-shot after every Gym battle, provided that I've got the time to do so.

• Messed around with some settings, like changing the Text Speed to fast, the Frame, and the Sound to Mono. If there's one thing I don't like about using DeSmuME compared to no$gba, it's the slowdown on games like Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver when saving. I really don't like that. It takes almost half a minute to save, if it's not 'Saving A Lot Of Data', which is always a ***** to deal with.
  • Changed Emus back to no$gba for Pokemon HeartGold. The slowdown was just far too noticeable. The music was sounding horrible because of all the slowdown. The only difference between DeSmuME and no$gba concerning Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver is that no$gba occasionally freezes the game, which DeSmuME has no problems (from what I've heard).
  • Proclaimed myself to be a boy, then named myself ARCELIO, after my user-name, which is based off of the Latin name Arcelio, which means 'altar to heaven'.
  • Got my Bag, Trainer card, Save function, and Options from Mom. Saved my game right after fiddling with the options a little bit. Another interesting thing is, while DeSmuME has extreme slowdown while Saving, no$gba has no such problems, even though it's less updated than DeSmuME. I Saved twice, to make sure that the file was created correctly.
  • Left my house, only to be run into by a familiar looking Marill. Lyra shows up and takes her Marill away, and doesn't even bother to say a simple hello to me.
  • After speaking to the strange, lurking redhead watching the Pokemon Lab through the window, and having him thoroughly kick my ass, I decide it's best we don't become friends until he manages his anger.
  • I walk into the Lab, Elm greets me, and offers me the chance to have my very own Pokemon! Of course, it isn't a Pokemon I can actually use in this challenge, but it should be good for when I do want to catch something.
  • Elm got an e-mail halfway through our conversation from someone called 'Mr. Pokemon', and asked me to go to his house and pick up whatever he found, which is most likely a Pokemon Egg.
  • Picked Totodile as my Starter Pokemon, which I don't really understand why I did so. Probably the HM Abuse later on in the game. Found out that Totodile is a female, and gave her the name 'KillerCroc', since I couldn't fit a space in their.
  • Elm informs me on how to use the Healing Machine behind him, tells me a bit more about Mr. Pokemon, and gives me the somewhat vague destination of 'A bit north of Cherrygrove City'. Seriously, I could end up in a cave with bad directions like that. A dark cave! (Please excuse my terrible puns.)
  • Got some Potions from Elm's assistant, which is great for me, considering I'm going to have to catch a Kangaskhan and a Pinsir soon, two Pokemon that will undoubtedly beat the hell out of Totodile quite a bit (seeing as their capture rate isn't exactly high).
  • After leaving the Lab, I meet up with Lyra, who told me to show my Totodile to my mother. Sure, why not?
  • After talking to Mom, she gives me my Pokegear back. Apparently, pressing two buttons and calling someone shocks my mother. Mom is impressed far too easily.
  • Ran up to the mean redhead, intent on having Totodile kick his ass. Instead, Totodile needs to take an unrelated trip to the Healing Machine.
  • Exited stage left, only to be stopped by Prof. Elm screaming at me. He just wanted to give me his phone number. He tells me he'll call if 'anything comes up', which is rather creepy and innuendo sounding, so I quickly jet out of New Bark Town.
  • Had my first Wild Pokemon battle against a Pidgey, which was easily clobbered by KillerCroc.Got 24 EXP for winning against the LV. 3 Pidgey, and kept on walking.
  • Found an Apricorn Tree, and tried to take an Apricorn. I couldn't though, since I've got nothing to hold them in, besides my pockets and my bag. Yeah, keeping them there is just ludicrous.
  • According to my traveling manual, some people drop items on the ground by accident, never realizing that they've dropped valuable merchandise. Found a Potion because someone dropped it near a dead-end path.
  • During my battles, Totodile got damaged pretty badly by all the Scratch and Tackle attacks. I decide to hurry to Cherrygrove City, in search of medical aid.
  • An old man that refuses to take 'no' for an answer drags me around town, heedless to the fact that my Totodile is dying. He then says something about our shoes, and asks me to 'try to keep up'. Listen old man, my Pokemon is dying, you've insulted me, and you're kind of a prick. Leave me alone!
  • The old man, against my will, introduces me to the Pokemon Center and Pokemon Mart, as well as the sea and Route 30. He then shows me to... his house. I NEED AN ADULT, I NEED AN ADULT!
  • He gives me some new Running Shoes, but I'm still not going in his house. My mom showed me the video of what happens when kids go into strangers' houses, and that won't happen to me!
  • Turn on my new Running Shoes and run to the Pokemon Center to heal up Totodile before she croaks. That would look really bad on my record, if I let my very first Pokemon die.
  • After a few seconds, Totodile is perfectly healed, and is glowing with health, whatever that means.
  • The old man chased after me and gave me a Map Card for my Pokegear, which was kind of nice of him.
  • I ran up Route 30, in search of Mr. Pokemon's house. Prof. Elm did say north, right?
  • Found out from a kid that running attracts Pokemon. That's good news for me though, considering I'm gonna have to train a whole new team from scratch.
  • I got yelled at by a middle-aged man for not going into his home. Pedophile! He gives me an Apricorn Box, and confirms that Mr. Pokemon's house is due north. Doesn't make him any less of a pedophile though.
  • Finally found Mr. Pokemon's house, though it appears that he has company over. Mr. Pokemon gives me a Mystery Egg, just like Prof. Elm said he would, and I was introduced to Prof. Oak. I register him in my Pokegear, and he leaves to get back to Goldenrod City.
  • I get a call from Prof. Elm, and he sounds seriously terrified. I wonder what happened to him that would scare him this badly...
  • I quickly ran to Cherrygrove, and then made a right turn to head back to New Bark. Before I could leave though, I was challenged by a familiar, mean, redhead that, apparently, has a Pokemon too. Not like I asked, but he told me anyways.
  • He says that I'm a wimp, but at least my parents didn't name me Passerby Boy. Now that would be sad.
  • I have Totodile Leer twice at Chikorita (which is kind of creepy, considering that I've got a female Totodile fighting a male Chikorita), then open a can of whoop ass on the poor green Pokemon. It never stood a chance.
  • Passerby Boy shoves me out of the way, after telling me he's going to be the best Pokemon Trainer that ever lived, then, like doofus, drops his Trainer Card, which I just happen to pick up by mistake. He yells at me to give it back, but I've already seen his name. Kamon... that's a weird name.
  • Finally made it to Elm's Lab, only to find a police officer there! I told them that those tapes were for educational purposes only! Damn it Mom!
  • Oh, they aren't here for me. That's good to know. I wouldn't last long in prison. I'd need to make a shank out of my toothbrush or something just to get by.
  • Anyway, I get accused of stealing a Pokemon just because I 'returned to the scene of the crime'. Police standards have seriously gone down the toilet these days. Apparently, showing up in your home town makes you guilty. Hell, the cop doesn't even know if he's telling me whether or not I stole a Pokemon! He phrases it as a statement, then asks it as a question.
  • Lyra jumps in and decides to play the hero, telling the cop that I didn't do it, and that's it's all the redhead's fault. I give the cop the name 'Kamon' and send him on his way. I would be watching out for the Party Van, Kamon. Lyra left, and I gave Prof. Elm the Mystery Egg. He acts all shocked, even though he already knew that it would be an Egg.
  • I decide to take the Pokemon League Challenge, just because I wanna kick some ass and go see the world. New Bark Town gets more and more boring by the day.
  • I go tell my Mom goodbye, and agree to wire her some money every time I win a battle against a Trainer.
  • I found Lyra on Route 29, just relaxing with her Marill. She teaches me how to use my Balls, hands me some Balls, then leaves.
  • I jet over to Cherrygrove, buy some Balls from the clerk, and run out onto Route 29. It's time to add members to the team!
  • What the hell? Are Baltoy native to Route 29? Maybe it wandered here from Hoenn by accident?
  • Yay! I caught a Baltoy with a bad sense of direction! Nicknamed it Spin. Maybe there are more Pokemon around here with a terrible sense of direction? To Route 46!
  • Wow! A Wild Pinsir? On Route 46? This day just keeps getting weirder and weirder by the second. I just barely managed to catch it, since I couldn't let such a rare opportunity pass me by! Luckily, this one had the ability Mold Breaker, which'll be useful later on. Nicknamed him Ragna, after the badass Ragna the Bloodedge.
  • Before I could leave, I spotted the most peculiar thing. It was a lone Poke Ball, just laying in the grass. Always wanting freebies, I ran up to it and tried to grab it. Needless to say, I was shocked, literally, when I discovered it was a Pokemon! The Pokedex says it's a Voltorb, and I wants it! While Totodile just kept whittling down its health, it just kept charging up for an attack. I better throw a Poke Ball (a real one this time) at it before it can use all that electricity.
  • Caught it with a Poke Ball, and nicknamed it Bom-omb.
  • Entered Route 30, and started walking through the grass. There's just gotta be a rare Pokemon here, right?
  • Okay, I know I said rare Pokemon, but this is just crazy! A freaking Charmander just showed up! It's at LV. 5 too, the exact level for a Starter Pokemon. Maybe Prof. Oak lost some of his Pokemon?
  • Caught it with a Premier Ball, which I got from the Pokemon Mart for purchasing ten Poke Balls earlier. Nicknamed him 'Big Daddy' after the character in BIOSHOCK.
Well, today sure was a strange day. I found a stray Charmander, a Baltoy that's never heard of MapQuest, a wannabe Poke Ball, and a Pokemon with two gigantic horns on its head. Strange day indeed.

Down with the darkness

Pretty freakin' awseome!
Years
Name: Down with the Darkness
Game: Platinum (Which you excluded on the first page when listing the end point.)
# of Randoms: 6
Do you want a generation specific team or all pokemon: I want them all to be obtainable pre-E4 with no trading with another generation.

Can I also get all final evolutions?

WriteThemWrong

Years
here you go darkness, and i'll fix that platinum thing:
203.png
#203 - Girafarig
226.png
#226 - Mantine
455.png
#455 - Carnivine
472.png
#472 - Gliscor
450.png
#450 - Hippowdon
196.png
#196 - Espeon

sorry eveelution that i took so long, i completely skipped past your post but heres your team:
294.png
#294 - Loudred
186.png
#186 - Politoed
178.png
#178 - Xatu
61.png
#61 - Poliwhirl
44.png
#44 - Gloomand

リュザキ sorry too heres yours:
78.png
#78 - Rapidash
148.png
#148 - Dragonair
127.png
#127 - Pinsir
50.png
#50 - Diglett
32.png
#32 - Nidoran M

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2013
Erm.. yeah... is it okay if i restart this one? I accidentally deleted my file, and don't feel like start over with the same team. If so, here's my form.

Name: Kefka
Game: Ruby
# of Randoms: 6
Do you want a generation specific team or all pokemon: I want them all to be obtainable in Ruby, can't trade.

Also i'd like only fully evolved pokemon.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2019
Alright, small update with nuthin' fancy or anythin'. I caught whismur and battled all the trainers I could up to that point until it was par with my nuzleaf. Thankfully, I was able to skip the second gym and able to go right to Slateport once the letter to Steven was delivered. Skipped all the trainers on the beach and caught my electrike. Trained it up, and now she's at level fourteen or so. I'm just gonna train 'er up in granite cave untill she gets spark, as quick attack wont be much use at all against Brawly's beefy fighting types >.>

...also, I was wondering if I could evolve swablu? I probably wont evolve electrike, and even swablu is an if, but I was just wondering if the option is open in case I really need to :/

eveelution

RolePlay Minion
Years
sorry eveelution that i took so long, i completely skipped past your post but heres your team:
294.png
#294 - Loudred
186.png
#186 - Politoed
178.png
#178 - Xatu
61.png
#61 - Poliwhirl
44.png
#44 - Gloom
Sweet, I've always said I would use the Polies some day but never got around to it. Same with Loudred. Gloom however, is something I just forget about, and Xatu is never something I really thought of as obtainable.

Status: Breeding Gloom for an egg. Then I'm going to procrastinate a bit.

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
Years
Ok so my soul silver file got erased and i dont want to start with that pokemon can i have new ones and ill be doing it on platinum now
Cystar
Platinum
Number of randoms 5
I can trade

WriteThemWrong

Years
here you go crystar:
334.png
#334 - Altaria
462.png
#462 - Magnezone