• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Report bugs and errors in unmodified Essentials version 21

Narodin

Pokémon Agate Version
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2015
I fixed the problem by teleporting the player below the event to get in the Pokemon Center. And then I did set move route and moved the player one step down.

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
About the same as what I did too, Narodin. Glad it worked. c:

And aha... yeah, sorry. ^^; I just updated the way I usually do. :/ Thanks though!

Ramond Hikari

- Lonely Shooting Star -
Years
I wonder if there are any limit or sensitive points in animations data that Pokemon Essential can't stand because I've got this error while trying to compile an Animation data like this one, an error pops out and when I replaced the original animation data file, it disappeared.

And here's the error:

Spoiler:

Thanks.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I wonder if there are any limit or sensitive points in animations data that Pokemon Essential can't stand because I've got this error while trying to compile an Animation data like this one, an error pops out and when I replaced the original animation data file, it disappeared.

And here's the error:

Spoiler:

Thanks.
I've seen people throwing that error around previously, but I don't know why it happens. It seems to be related to an animation's effects (sound/flashes) when created in the Database animation editor, but I have no idea why it would muck up in the way the error message implies. I've never had that error myself.

Why not create your animations directly in the Essentials Animation Editor instead?

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Opponent's pokemon faints. Prompted to switch?
If you send in a Pokemon with Intimidate, the opponent has not yet sent out their Pokemon, therefore Intimidate does not activate as it should.

Ramond Hikari

- Lonely Shooting Star -
Years
Okay, I think I have found the error. It only happens when I try to compile zingzags's animation data of pokemon's emotion in the Pokemon following script! And when I delete those animations, the problem disappear!

That'll explain why there are several people got this problem because now more and more developers are interested by Pokemon follow character script!

Oh, by the way, do you think the problem can be solved by editing it in PE Animation Editor?

TheMrQuit

Egg: It's going to hatch soon!
Years
Two events in the intro

I found that there are two events in the Intro map:
-the regular one, on the top-left; (in Autorun)
-another one on the bottom-left which does nothing and it's just a piece of the regular one. (with Action button)

It does basically nothing, but i believed at first that it was the right one so i was raging after one hour of trying to move the player location from the test map 2 to my new map. xD

Just delete it.

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
A Pokemon holding a Chesto Berry KO's a Pokemon with Effect Spore. Effect Spore puts the Chesto'd Pokemon to sleep as it dies. Player is prompted to switch. If they choose to do so, Chesto will not activate.

A poisoned Pokemon with Poison Heal displays the recovered health message even at full health

Maruno

Years
Opponent's pokemon faints. Prompted to switch?
If you send in a Pokemon with Intimidate, the opponent has not yet sent out their Pokemon, therefore Intimidate does not activate as it should.
I feared as much. All those effects need to be made to work the same as Trace/Imposter, which is easy enough, even though it does clutter things up a bit.

I found that there are two events in the Intro map:
-the regular one, on the top-left; (in Autorun)
-another one on the bottom-left which does nothing and it's just a piece of the regular one. (with Action button)

It does basically nothing, but i believed at first that it was the right one so i was raging after one hour of trying to move the player location from the test map 2 to my new map. xD

Just delete it.
That's the single most useful debug function there is: it allows the bypassing of Oak's lecture. I'm amazed someone actually didn't realise which event was which.

A Pokemon holding a Chesto Berry KO's a Pokemon with Effect Spore. Effect Spore puts the Chesto'd Pokemon to sleep as it dies. Player is prompted to switch. If they choose to do so, Chesto will not activate.

A poisoned Pokemon with Poison Heal displays the recovered health message even at full health
Can you check a fix for me? In the Chesto Berry's code in def pbBerryCureCheck, change the while to an if. Also turn the status into self.status. From what I can tell, it should work fine anyway - those code tweaks are just me making sure. The same applies to the similar berries.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
Whenever I try and run the program, it always comes up with an error saying game.rxproj has an incorrect path

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
Has this been fixed yet? I have it too but couldn't find an answer when searching through the thread.

Use the pokemon.txt provided in Essentials v9. I had the same problem but using the file of Essentials v9 fixed this problem.

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Can you check a fix for me? In the Chesto Berry's code in def pbBerryCureCheck, change the while to an if. Also turn the status into self.status. From what I can tell, it should work fine anyway - those code tweaks are just me making sure. The same applies to the similar berries.

Check something that has a 10% chance of activation? :3
Flame Wheel ALL the Amoonguss!
Countless re-battles against a guy with six mushrooms later:

It works! Chesto now cures sleep before the EXP message displays. It actually finally activated for me on the last mushroom of the battle, so I didn't see the shift message, but since it did display pre-EXP and that comes before Shift, I'm fairly certain it's fine~

Maruno

Years
Check something that has a 10% chance of activation? :3
Flame Wheel ALL the Amoonguss!
Countless re-battles against a guy with six mushrooms later:

It works! Chesto now cures sleep before the EXP message displays. It actually finally activated for me on the last mushroom of the battle, so I didn't see the shift message, but since it did display pre-EXP and that comes before Shift, I'm fairly certain it's fine~
Good stuff. Yes, Essentials does make the status problem heal immediately after inflicting it, which I can only assume is how it's supposed to work. Thanks!

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
I don't know if you consider this as a bug, but in official games, before you get the National Dex, the pokémon species number in summary screen is from the Regional Dex or "???"/blank if the pokémon isn't in Regional Dex. Essentials always shows the National Dex number.

Maruno

Years
I don't know if you consider this as a bug, but in official games, before you get the National Dex, the pokémon species number in summary screen is from the Regional Dex or "???"/blank if the pokémon isn't in Regional Dex. Essentials always shows the National Dex number.
It's easy in the official games because there's exactly one Regional Dex, and you can't get Pokémon from outside it until gaining the National Dex. However, fan-games can be quite different, which makes a feature like this difficult to implement. It can work iff ("if and only if") the first Regional Dex is used until obtaining the National Dex, but it's easy to make a game where that isn't the case.

There's also the fact that Regional Dexes don't correspond to regions, so using a Regional number based on the map the Pokémon was obtained in can't be done.

One possible option would be to remove that information from the Summary screen, but then there'd be a gap. Another option would be to list the numbers in all unlocked Dexes (e.g. as 025/022/???) while there's no National Dex, but that depends on a very limited number of available Regional Dexes pre-ND.

Of course, there's no issue while there's no or just one Regional Dex.

If you can think up a decent solution, I'll hear it. And please don't spout out "make a Setting for it", because that's your answer to everything. ;) Such a minor feature doesn't need a Setting; it just needs to work.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2024
It's easy in the official games because there's exactly one Regional Dex, and you can't get Pokémon from outside it until gaining the National Dex. However, fan-games can be quite different, which makes a feature like this difficult to implement. It can work iff ("if and only if") the first Regional Dex is used until obtaining the National Dex, but it's easy to make a game where that isn't the case.

There's also the fact that Regional Dexes don't correspond to regions, so using a Regional number based on the map the Pokémon was obtained in can't be done.

One possible option would be to remove that information from the Summary screen, but then there'd be a gap. Another option would be to list the numbers in all unlocked Dexes (e.g. as 025/022/???) while there's no National Dex, but that depends on a very limited number of available Regional Dexes pre-ND.

Of course, there's no issue while there's no or just one Regional Dex.

If you can think up a decent solution, I'll hear it. And please don't spout out "make a Setting for it", because that's your answer to everything. ;) Such a minor feature doesn't need a Setting; it just needs to work.
The best solution that I can think is to use the last Regional Dex unlocked number (or ???). This is better than leaves the space empty or to shows the National Dex number before picking the National Dex.

I thought on the last dex open, but isn't good because in Essentials you don't switch between the regional modes, instead you choose from a list every time that you open the pokédex (that may be a little impractical in some cases). Maybe you can made a SETTING about this other feature =D. Yes, I agree than some minor features don't need a setting, even because if you put a setting on everything the developer can get lost in too many setting, especially on obscure features. If a developer wish to change minor things, let him to change by himself.

I believe than the most people that uses a Regional Dex uses only one.

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Lumineon used Water Pulse
Trubbish was confused
Trubbish hurt itself in its confusion
((a few turns later))
Trubbish is already confused
Trubbish snapped out of confusion
Trubbish used blahblahblahwhatever

I have a feeling this isn't limited to Water Pulse. o.o

Maruno

Years
Trubbish was confused
Trubbish hurt itself in its confusion
((a few turns later))
Trubbish is already confused
Trubbish snapped out of confusion
Trubbish used blahblahblahwhatever

I have a feeling this isn't limited to Water Pulse. o.o
Are you saying that the "is already confused" message shouldn't show up at all when the confusion-inducing is just an additional effect of the move (i.e. rather than the whole point of the move)?

If so, fair enough.

AmethystRain

pixie-powered judgment!
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Yeah. At least as far as I know. I am sure I've never seen an 'already confused' message from a move like that in any main-series game or on the simulators I've used. The same goes for other secondary-status moves too, i.e scald, discharge, tri attack. Not that I know those are an issue here- it could just be confusion ones (or it could be water pulse; I'm assuming that it uses the same code as, for instance, signal beam though)

Back