• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Console Game

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts about the move to 3D pokemon on the handheld meaning we may at one point get a console game that is Pokemon handheld like. I.E. like a version of one of the games on a console and a full version of it, instead of a coliseum, or a wii game which isn't like the actual game that so many love. Such as the WiiU getting Pokemon X and Y's successor (Z). Just wanted to know the worlds thoughts on a real console Pokemon game.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I doubt it. We'll sooner have a new handheld than a console game. Pokemon's been handheld for so long, no reason to change that. And idk about everyone else, but for me, it's been great being able to play on the go, in the car, on a plane, etc. Consoles are just not as efficient.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I prefer having my Pokemon with me on the go. Makes you feel like a real trainer. When you're stuck at home playing Pokemon, it just doesn't feel the same. I prefer having the option to play Pokemon whenever I feel like it, not only at home.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2013
I definitely like the idea of a true console Pokemon game. I enjoyed Colleseum well enough, but to have the 3D Pokemon to battle in the wild and capture would be cool. However, I think I would rather have the fabled open world, 3D Pokemon game on a console than to have the same old Pokemon game moved to the console.
I do think it would be interesting making the extra game from the next gen on a console though.

Back