• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who would you vote for in the Presidential election?

who do you want for US president

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
Being a Canadian watching this election from the outside, it's always interested me how different the two countries are in terms of politics despite being right next to each other. Here, we've got 5 different parties comprising the government (the second largest being a social democratic party), yet for the U.S. there's no real option outside the big 2.

If I were an American but the U.S. used something similar to Canada's voting system, I'd probably choose Gary Johnson. However, since the only two realistic choices are Obama and Romney, I would choose Obama. While I wouldn't say I'm a supporter of his, I just don't think that Mitt Romney makes a very strong candidate, especially seeing him flip-flop on some of his stances.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
If I were an American citizen, I'd vote for Barack Obama. Ever since he became president, the Philippines, where I live, is now highly associated with America. And I like black presidents.

AChipOffTheOldBrock

Too Legit To Quit
Years
  • Age 27
  • NC
  • Seen Feb 18, 2021
And I like black presidents.

Racism. I always felt that was the only reason he got elected in the first place was because hes black. Hes not even black really, hes barely brown. I remember in 08 all the Gobama folk at my school said if you dont vote for Obama your a racist. It aint right. People just ignore his views and vote for him because "Omg first black prez!" or "Omg I dont want people to think Im racist!"

Years
Obama. Mostly because I haven't payed attention to the 3rd party canditates, and I hate Romney with a fiery passion. Obama also seems to have proved trustworthy for the last 4 years.

#isthenumbersign
Years
Racism. I always felt that was the only reason he got elected in the first place was because hes black. Hes not even black really, hes barely brown. I remember in 08 all the Gobama folk at my school said if you dont vote for Obama your a racist. It aint right. People just ignore his views and vote for him because "Omg first black prez!" or "Omg I dont want people to think Im racist!"
You think the only reason Obama got elected was because he was black? On this large a stage you think race was the determining factor?

And I'm not voting. From what I've heard, both candidates have ups and downs and I don't feel like I could make a decision anyways.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
con [...] doesnt view China as a threat/rival
I can't help but see that view as representative of what's wrong with the US, but this thread isn't about American imperialism... well it is, ultimately, but... from my outsider perspective, Obama is the most reasonable leader the US has had in quite some time.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Well, I'm part of that 90% of Europeans who cringe at the thought of someone from the Republican Party ruling the US, so it's pretty obvious.

I always love how different we are when someone talks about how Obama is "extreme left". In our views, Romney would be off-the-charts-right and Obama a moderate somewhere between Conservatives and Labour/Social-Democrats. And then someone like Gingrich would be in an asylum. If someone tried to build a political agenda around spreading private healthcare in any EU country, he'd be attacked by torch-wielding angry mobs during every public speech, not be nominated for President.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
This is my first time voting in a presidential election and I honestly I don't care enough for either Romney or Obama to vote for either one. Romney can say some foolish things sometimes, though Obama hasn't impressed me enough in the last 4 years. Then again, I don't pay attention to politics alot. I'm more of a independent person, I support both Republican and Democratic ideas. So either I will go for a 3rd party candidate or not vote at all.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
If I could vote, I'd vote for Obama. IMO, he did a good job as president so far. I don't care much about politics, so yeah.

Years
I took that quiz for the lulz and what I got was shocking.

I sided with Barack Obama on 75% of the issues. The shocking thing was Jill Stein was at 72% and Gary Johnson was at 69% and I seriously don't think highly of those two for being small fish in a big pond with piranha Republicans and Democrats. Mitt was only at 56% and honestly, I can't stand Romney for signing the damn healthcare law in Massachusetts.

Riku

Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2021
Taken this before. 82%-88% Jill Stein, depending on what's on my mind at the time, 76-80% Obama. 73-75% with Johnson. Romney I sit at 4-6% =b Current results:

Spoiler:

Crux

Evermore
Years
The best man for the job has been removed from the race. :<

If I was forced to vote for one of the two most covered, (which is unfortunantly Romney and that other guy.) it would be Romney.
I don't personally think either of them would be good to have in office,but at least there's a chance with Romney...Obama brought change all right....... l:<

P.s.
I'm feeling rather dubious that i'll return to this topic,so don't expect a gripping discussion to insue...

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I didn't get terribly strong results from that site. I gave a lot of custom answers instead of selecting from the existing ones. That screws up the results. Ended up with:

Barack Obama on foreign policy and economic issues 57%

Jill Stein on healthcare issues 46%

Rocky Anderson on healthcare issues 36%

Mitt Romney on domestic policy issues 30%

Gary Johnson on no major issues 25%

Virgil Goode on no major issues 1%

American Voters on foreign policy and domestic policy issues. 42%

I don't think I agree with Obama overwhelmingly on the economy. If anything, I agree with both of them XD But, whatever

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Spoiler:

Yeah, that's exactly what I expected. If I had bothered to register to vote, I would definitely have voted for Gary Johnson. It doesn't show two of the candidates on the image, but it put Rocky Anderson quite a bit above both Obama and Romney.

Although, I don't really think libertarian and Green should be tied. Give 15% from the Green party to the Libertarian, and I'd say it's about right.

Back