• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... DOCTOR WHO Fan Club

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Oh god, today's the day. Not gonna be able to see it tonight, but tomorrow is definitely going to be a great day. Nothing like a new doctor(and at an hour and a half no less) to set off the winter.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Welcome to the club, Dex and Evanlyn!

I'm hyper excited! Can't see it tonight but will try to somehow find it tomorrow. I don't think it's on television here in my country.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I've just started the 6th season in the main series. With this progression, my order of preference of Doctors has somewhat changed by including Matt Smith. I still love David Tennant, but him and Mr. Bowties-are-cool are almost side by side in terms of which one I like better. It's so hard to choose! The feeling of the two Doctors fighting for first place is so...argh! D:

So far, I'm really, really enjoying the series. There have been some episodes that really tugged at my heartstrings and made me use up tissue after tissue, some that made me cower behind my hands in eager fear, while there are some that made me think quite deeply about things and changed how I viewed certain aspects of life. Continuing bravely on like the proud Whovian I am! <3

Edit: I also forgot to add that Donna Noble has replaced Rose as my favourite companion. Amy Pond and Rory are great as well, but Donna cannot be beat. She and David Tennant make the most perfect team. <3 OI! Space man!

Last edited:

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
^See, when you catch up to current Who, you can start with the classics.

Glad I got in here before the spoilers did.

I plan to record it on DVR tonight since I work. Of course that means I'm going to have the living snot spoiler'd out of me by the time I get to see it.

I'm hopeful for a darker Doctor. Hopefully, Clara will be gone soon, can't quite stand her. I haven't been a fan of the companions lately. Rory I liked, and Amy a little, but they felt cheesy in the end. And Clara is a cardboard cut out, I swear. Give us an interesting companion again! Give us a Donna, a Rose, an Ace or a Sara Jane. Hell give us Adric, I'll survive him for a few more seasons. Ugh.

Looking up. If I like the new season I might bring back my Doctor Who theme on my profile and stuffs.

Also... things to note.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I've been meaning to join this club for months now. But I didn't want to because I didn't have the knowledge enough to become part of it. But now that I finished 9 and 10 (and only watched parts of 11), I'm really excited for the premiere of 12. Peter Capaldi is perfect for that role, and I look forward to how this new series will turn out. I know it'll be great.

I'm planning to watch Classic Who when I get around to it. I'm glad it's on Netflix!

I'm actually pretty stoked for tonight's premiere, but I also have a NASCAR race to watch tonight, but hey, I gotta prioritize my Whovianness lmao. xD

PokéCommunity Username: Cadance
Favorite Doctor: it's...a tie between 10 and 11. But I'm more of a fan of David Tennant <3
Favorite Companion: Donna Noble! I loved every episode featuring her. <3

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
Who else watched the premiere? I got up at 5am my time to watch it! I enjoyed it, I think this is going to shape up to be a great season!

Phantom1

Years
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Mwah! I'm back home - time to somehow get my hands on the new ep!! Before I click any spoilers in this thread :p

Please keep anything related to Deep Breath in spoilers until further notice... As you already are :D my derpy phone put me on the last page when I typed up my post.

Edit: Seen it now!! I agree, Ultraviolence! That was amazing, I mean
Spoiler:

And also I really liked how
Spoiler:

Overall I thought they made it a bit too snappy and dramatic, especially with music :s I miss the mood setting tunes of Tennant's era, it really had the best music. Well, Nine's too but the music I listen to on spotify from there are remade versions of the S1 songs that were featured more or less in S2. Watch "Dalek" or "Silence in the library/Forest of the dead" and concentrate on the music and you shall see what I mean! It's very different to how they do it in "Eleventh Hour", for instance. Even though I really like the little Amy themes too :3 but we don't need upbeat or loud music all the time to enjoy a scene :/

Oh, and talking about Deep Breath again, the ending...
Spoiler:

I just gotta add that I loved the interaction and chemistry between Clara and Twelve in general! Looking forward to see how they develop through the season.

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Saw it :D Kind of watching the 12th and the 10th simultaneously now since I'm behind. But what's a little bending of time in the grand scheme of things really?

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Well I watched the episode again and... While I love Capaldi's effort and think that he will make a great Doctor, I don't like the overall writing.
Spoiler:

Just, as far as newly-regenerated-Doctor episodes go, this really isn't my favorite :3

EDIT: you guyyyys. I just posted my DW fanfic on PC. Not sure people will see it or want to read it on a pokémon forum but wynaut xD Maybe check it out if you're a fan of either Ten or Amy. Or both! http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8417573#post8417573

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Okay finally saw this. And well, it was good, it was bad, it was excellent, but it was all over the place. No consistency, and I wouldn't say that it was deliberate cause of the doctor being so or some bull like that. They need to get things in order for this to work, but when they will I suspect the show will be amazing. So yeah thoughts:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I agree with a lot of your points :) On Sunday when I'm hungover I'll get to watch the next episode <3 Because... it does come out every week, right?

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yes its going to air every week till november iirc. Its also back to a full run then split lr.seires tsal ek

Years
PokéCommunity Username: Raiu638 (getting it changed to The Canceler)
Favorite Doctor: David Tennant!
Favorite Companion: Tough decision between Amy and River.

We recently got rid of cable in our house, so I haven't been able to watch any of the new episodes. Does anyone know any good websites where I can watch new episodes?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
wow, Muffin, check your spelling again ;D

Welcome to the club, Raiu! Ten and Amy are my favorites too~ I think.

Unfortunately I think it would be a bit bad if we started talking streaming websites here. Kind of bordering into illegal waters, you know. Unless there's an official site from the US where you can watch it within a certain time period or so? We have that in my country, for some channels and shows at least.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/doctor-who/guide/season-8/deep-breath/ Hmmmm maybe not.

rpryor03

In and Out
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 9, 2024
PokéCommunity Username: rpryor03
Favorite Doctor: 10 and 4
Favorite Companion: Romana II and Rose

Years
wow, Muffin, check your spelling again ;D

Welcome to the club, Raiu! Ten and Amy are my favorites too~ I think.

Unfortunately I think it would be a bit bad if we started talking streaming websites here. Kind of bordering into illegal waters, you know. Unless there's an official site from the US where you can watch it within a certain time period or so? We have that in my country, for some channels and shows at least.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/doctor-who/guide/season-8/deep-breath/ Hmmmm maybe not.

Ah, cool! And yeah, I didn't want this getting into any shady territory, I was looking for legal websites.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Ah, cool! And yeah, I didn't want this getting into any shady territory, I was looking for legal websites.

Huh, guess Hulu dosen't have it. I heard Tardisblue.net actually can legally show them, I watch them but was not sure if it was all legal but I guess it is. But its scheduled, so its not on demand. BBC's iPlayer, its a legal site, the way to use it outside of the u.k, idk.

Phantom1

Years
... It airs same day in the US on BBC America. It's also on Amazon.

Back