• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotW #58] Pokémon Torzach: The Legend Begins (We're back in action, people!)

Shall we show you the Super Powerful Legendary?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2013
Hope you dont give up on this hack, its so promising and i know everyone on here loves it

best of luck with your family, i hope everything works out for the best

Vannah☆

Spriter
Years
Okay. Let me experiment a bit. Now, the eyes are supposed to be big, but I do find his right eye oddly shaped.

rsg4mv.jpg

Okay, I changed some of the outlines, edited the right eye, (his right) and edited his left wing.

Well after nearly two weeks and a flight back to Chicago with delay after delay, I'm finally almost home. o_o We stopped at my grampa's house before coming home and I couldn't resist the urge to check on the thread here. xD

I was on vacation in Florida. 'Bout 10 days of 101 degree temperatures. o_o;; Not what I'm used to. At all. I prefer the nice 60-80 summer temperatures we get out in Illinois.

Anyway, C&C:

Good start, like usual. xD But, Too small for my taste. Every feature should be a bit bigger. Less folded, if that makes any sense at all. Same problem I had with Bugly in regards to the eyes. Show that the whites/yellows on the head are actually just patches and not the white of the eyes. It just seems very collapsed to me. Nice shading, but again, it needs to come out more.

Same sort of deal with that Lapras evo, which I'll probably edit and critique a bit when I get home and unpack. I really have to get started on my summer reading and SAT stuff though. o_o;; Great to be back though, in any case.

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2010
Sorry for asking but is there a download yet?I just found out about this and i don't want to look through all 46 pages...>_>....

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
Well after nearly two weeks and a flight back to Chicago with delay after delay, I'm finally almost home. o_o We stopped at my grampa's house before coming home and I couldn't resist the urge to check on the thread here. xD

I was on vacation in Florida. 'Bout 10 days of 101 degree temperatures. o_o;; Not what I'm used to. At all. I prefer the nice 60-80 summer temperatures we get out in Illinois.

Anyway, C&C:

Good start, like usual. xD But, Too small for my taste. Every feature should be a bit bigger. Less folded, if that makes any sense at all. Same problem I had with Bugly in regards to the eyes. Show that the whites/yellows on the head are actually just patches and not the white of the eyes. It just seems very collapsed to me. Nice shading, but again, it needs to come out more.

Same sort of deal with that Lapras evo, which I'll probably edit and critique a bit when I get home and unpack. I really have to get started on my summer reading and SAT stuff though. o_o;; Great to be back though, in any case.

Good to see that you're back. I was wondering where you had gone. XD

Now, Bellycop, it may seem small to you because I'm still woozy from when Mac wanted them to be small. o__o They were always too big for some reason. =/ So, that's why I sprited him to be smaller. I think it's a good size for a bug type, wouldn't you? I see his compactedness (Not a word!) is fitting, because he just comes together.

I messed around with him and tried to enlarge 'em, but it was hard to fix up all the added pixles. Then he looked very weird. So, this time, I'm not going to go crazy if you edit him. I'm just not very good at enlarging sprites.

So in the end, I think the smaller one would be good. I mean, I've seen a lot of small sprites that are in the real games. It;s supposed to be a dragon fly type Pokemon, and they arenit real big in real life. XD So, it looks appropriate. But you can go ahead and enlarge it if you want. And no, I won't go crazy this time. XD

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2012
I think it's a good size for a bug type, wouldn't you? I see his compactedness (Not a word!) is fitting, because he just comes together.
So in the end, I think the smaller one would be good. I mean, I've seen a lot of small sprites that are in the real games. It;s supposed to be a dragon fly type Pokemon, and they arenit real big in real life. XD So, it looks appropriate. But you can go ahead and enlarge it if you want. And no, I won't go crazy this time. XD

OMG, i thought it was some kind of water type fish pokemon rofl

kingfisher309

I lurrve zubat =D
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2010
the only thing i personally dont like about the fakemon is the name ponleaf, it seems to have no rythm, and i know ponyleaf may seem a bit straight forward but its better as it has more of a swing to it than ponleaf.

otherwise it looks fantastic.
especially some of the fakemon, most are really poor but these are great ideas.

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
Years
Hope you dont give up on this hack, its so promising and i know everyone on here loves it

best of luck with your family, i hope everything works out for the best
I'm not even thinking about dreaming of considering quitting this hack :D It'll slow down possibly, but I won't stop ^^ And thanks, it means a lot.
the only thing i personally dont like about the fakemon is the name ponleaf, it seems to have no rythm, and i know ponyleaf may seem a bit straight forward but its better as it has more of a swing to it than ponleaf.

otherwise it looks fantastic.
especially some of the fakemon, most are really poor but these are great ideas.
Well, I'm not actually even sure if Ponleaf is staying :\ We may ditch the whole idea. But, if we do, I think we'll keep Ponleaf. Ponyleaf sounds... Too Fakemonish I think. Thats just my opinion though ;) Thanks for the comment~

CrieonX

King Kazma
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 27, 2022
love the hack, just had a opinion you don't have to do anything with it but I read that you might be ditching ponyleaf and thought, if your still adding sprites, that a Pegasus like fakemon might work or one with a dark/ghost type and purple main sorta like the color skem from misdevus(misspelled) and some cloud by its feet/legs.

~just a suggestion~

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
OMG, i thought it was some kind of water type fish pokemon rofl

funny I kinda thought the same thing. Maybe it should be water/bug? lol

and the way you phrase that... water type fish... most 'fish' tend to be 'water types'
hahahahaha...

Years
  • Seen May 20, 2012
funny I kinda thought the same thing. Maybe it should be water/bug? lol

and the way you phrase that... water type fish... most 'fish' tend to be 'water types'
hahahahaha...

lmao. I missed that one, i meant to put "Bug".

snap12

Billie Jean is not my lover
Years
wow. im not usually a fan of fakemon but these look soooooo legit! cant wait for this!

MegaMaccer

Years
wow. im not usually a fan of fakemon but these look soooooo legit! cant wait for this!
Thanks ^^

==========================================================

Finally, an update :D We're still inserting tiles, so for now, just have a look at these battle backgrounds by FMP. Please, no one use these, they are for certain people only. We will find you if you steal them. Also, they are a wip, so expect them to improve. Its just to give you something to look at for the time being. Remember, theft is well... theft. And you'd have to be pretty low to steal someone elses work. Remember that.
Spoiler:

There's also a grass one, which we aren't showing just yet ^^

Westrmistr

Westermeister
Years
Thanks ^^

Finally, an update :D We're still inserting tiles, so for now, just have a look at these battle backgrounds by FMP. Please, no one use these, they are for certain people only. We will find you if you steal them. Also, they are a wip, so expect them to improve. Its just to give you something to look at for the time being. Remember, theft is well... theft. And you'd have to be pretty low to steal someone elses work. Remember that.
Spoiler:

There's also a grass one, which we aren't showing just yet ^^

Those look awesome Mac! Good job, FMP. You are awesome.

And Mac, I'm sorry, but I haven't been able to do any sprites lately, except for this one I did before Vannah came back. If you want to see it, PM me. And if anything else needs doing, just tell me.

MegaMaccer

Years
Hmm... Maybe you should make new circles? As they are just one's straight from Platinum :\
Well, there's nothing wrong with platinum ones. You may want to check an update in your thread, someone named Alice posted some inserted Platinum battle backgrounds :P
Those look awesome Mac! Good job, FMP. You are awesome.

And Mac, I'm sorry, but I haven't been able to do any sprites lately, except for this one I did before Vannah came back. If you want to see it, PM me. And if anything else needs doing, just tell me.
Glad you like'm :D And just get some stuff done when you can ^^
You're using his backgrounds too?
They are really good.
They are great eh? I really like'm :D

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Thanks everyone...I'm glad you like them, but you know Alice may be on to something 0_o There's this new Design for the battlegrounds I've been wanting to sprite out soooo as soon as I get it on paper and double check it. I'll make a new rock version BG of it, and well see how it goes ;)

MegaMaccer

Years
Thanks everyone...I'm glad you like them, but you know Alice may be on to something 0_o There's this new Design for the battlegrounds I've been wanting to sprite out soooo as soon as I get it on paper and double check it. I'll make a new rock version BG of it, and well see how it goes ;)
Sure thing, sounds good. I'm looking forward to it ^^

CONTEST
Alrighty people of the world, I've decided to have a little contest. The prize is a position as assistant event thinker-upper and Beta Tester (I couldn't think of anything else to call it :P)
The objective is to think up an intriguing event, complete with words, character names, and movements. The list of rules is in the spoiler below, as well as something to get you started:
Spoiler:

Mods, if I'm breaking any rules here (I don't think I am, but I've been wrong before :P) Let me know, ok? Thanks~

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2009
Aha! So there is room for an English major in a pokemon programmer's world! Here's what I'm thinking, Mac: Pokemon games tend to have terribly linear plots, so what we want here (to mix things up) is something completely new to pokemon. Sure, we've seen events such as a sick pokemon who requires medication, but that's really just a plot device used to steer the player towards the next gym (rather than down some path that'll come later); so we want a pure side story. I'm thinking something along the lines of a feud - something completely unrelated to the government, to the rangers, or to the plot at all except for the fact that you're required to help them before leaving town and heading to the next gym. It's a small town off the beaten path, so maybe we're looking at a forbidden romance a la Romeo and Juliet (we could say there are now, and always have been, two families - the guy is from one the girl is from the other), a land dispute, or anything else.

I can whip something up pretty quickly but I'm kind of tired now... It can be as cliche or original as you'd like, as grown up or dumbed down as you like, but the basic gist of my pitch is an unrelated and completely story driven encounter. I'd probably have the player initially hear out the two sides, pick which one he thinks is in the right (this one couldn't be romance) and ally with them. If you like the idea it could even turn into a subplot, continuing in various forms later in the game and offering the player various rewards based on who they chose (maybe one leads to receiving pokemon x while the other leads to pokemon y in the end). Regardless, after the player makes his choice the other family would then turn hostile, fights would ensue, and you'd leave the town when the feud was completely resolved. Again, I can spin it however you want, make it as long or short as you want, etc... I tend to be relatively long winded (see this post), but I'm a solid editor and writer. Let me know what you think of the idea and I'll churn a quick draft out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back