• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
The Emerald ID Trick is not too different by this Egg Glitch, in my opinion. Both are screwups, but rewarding.

I was going to say that myself, there is a difference though.

Emerald is slightly more limited than this though, with emerald it only works on pokemon you can soft reset for, wheras this glitch works for pretty much any pokemon that can be bred for, assuming it actually works that is.

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
lol I'll try this hatching trick out...
I realy like some pokes witch can only be obtained by breeding... I think lapras will be the frist... aways liked it :P
anyway... Mence can u explain that better??? u don't accept the frist 41 and then keep resetting for the 42nd? or accept the 42ns, hatch it, see if it's shiny then accept another...

Years
Deny the first 41 and take like 6 or 7 boxes of eggs, and save. Do not turn off, fly, or battle at any time.
Hatch the eggs (Magmortar in lead)
Good luck.

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
6 or 7?!?!?!
can I take one and hatch it, then another one and hatch it??? cause if I get a shiny in like 3 boxes it will be a lot of time waste =\

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I still this "egg radaring" is a load of hogwash. DDD just got lucky, that's all (congrats, by the way, Munchlax is a VERY cool shiny). If it does exist, why haven't I heard of it working for anyone else?

Edit: Okay, DDD, I am convinced that we are related in some way and related at birth.

The three shinies you said could be easily gotten using this breeding trick (Shroomish, Staryu, and Riolu) are the three shinies I planned on breeding for after I got all the Johto starters from breeding. Isn't that so weird? xD

Last edited:
Years
Because...
Not sure.
But DDD said 2 in a row... And I believe he was referring to Munchlax.
As I said, Brian and I are testing it, so just wait for us to SUCCEED!
xD

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Mence I'm already a step ahead of you, this should've been uploaded hours ago but my connection crapped out on me:

Shiny Egg Chaining Guide

Contains the gist of the details, and I thought you were supposed to accept the 43rd egg, not 42nd, but if it's anything like Radar, it doesn't matter, it should be 40. Whatever!

And take 6 or 7 boxes of eggs, are you serious? I doubt it would take that many just to get ONE shiny...

Mateus, you can hatch as many as you want after taking the 43rd egg. Hatch as many as needed until you get your shiny. Just do not turn off your game, do not Fly, do not encounter Wild Pokemon or Trainers. That's generally the basics.

Right now I'm trying this with my Magikarp on Diamond, I finally got all those eggs rejected and now I'm starting to hatch.

I have 2 shinies from the egg chain thing, Vulpix the first time I tried it, and now Munchlax. I'll be honest: Munchlax i think is only the 2nd time I've tried doing it, so, uh, lol?

Now I wonder if I'll get a shiny Magikarp, who knows.

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Wow Congrats DDD on Munchlax, I wanted to SR for one if I ever got it in a tree. I'm gonna have to agree with Fufu and say you just got lucky. I remember when you got Vulpix, which was a long while ago, alot of other people tried it with no luck. It should be able to be done consistantly if its an actual trick.

No luck with my SRs yet... stupid Rotom and snorlax :/

Last edited:

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Yo!! What up fellow Shiny Hunters of PC? I be teh backness!! XD First of all, I have no new Shinies since the Chansey I caught back in Aug/Sept 08!! ;_; Second, congratulations on all of the new Shinies that have been caught and welcome to new and returning members!! =D

My status is still active, as my only target is Charmander, and I've hatched a total of 1,910+ Eggs in Diamond so far, which brings me to see that a new method has been discovered, the Egg Chain!! While I think its cool that Eggs can be chained in that way, I've already gone so far into hatching 'mander Eggs that I'm not gonna try this trick for it, mostly because I want to experience the joy that the Shiny Hunters of the GBA era felt when trying to hatch their wanted Shinies, at least just once, though if and when I do hatch a Shiny Charmander, I might try this for Maikarp or Riolu!! That is my update after my very long hiatus, so until any further exciting news, I shall be back!!

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Hogwash you say?

WELL

lol nothing yet on Magikarp I haven't even hatched 30 yet, getting close though.

Maybe I did just get lucky again.

But maybe I didn't.

Only time will tell.

Good luck everyone

Years
dark charmander: You are NOT admitted to the club until you both explain how you got all of those shinies, and also meet me on the Wi-Fi Connection to temporarily trade me a couple of your shinies (I will pick which ones. Clones are okay.) so I can verify their legitimacy. I may also ask to see another wild Pokémon caught with the same Trainer ID to ensure they aren't trades.

On the matter of this "egg chaining": It sounds just too kooky. I'm going to test it with Skorupi, my next-in-line breeding target after Chiko, to see if there's anything more than good luck to this.

Aaryn

I Want a DS!!!
Years
Hi guys. I see the hunting is doing great. All of you are hunting a lot.

I STILL dont have any way to play and hunt. No time, no console, no nothing. Oh well, life sucks and I really wish I could spare some time (And money) to get myself a new DS and Diamond.

MetalMario. God bless WiFi huh? hehe

Good work mate, this wouldnt be anything without you.

Do you need any update on the first page of the club?

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
I'm now start hatching the eggs I got (got 2 boxes) hope it works
EDIT:hatched 47 eggs and a surprise came:
Spoiler:

I can'y belive this realy works :o
I'll try a riolu this time...
good luck for the ones trying this method...

Last edited:
Back