• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

EX: ACANTHITE - The biggest thing in faking history

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Double Dash said:
...There's always one...

Why don't some people like fake Pokémon?

My assumption is because so many n00bs come up with the worst fake Pokémon you could imagine, people are horrified by the very thought of them.

Another assumption is that these people are purists who frown on creativity and hate anyone with a bit of imagination. Hmmm.

Either way, Cascade, Kangaskhan Kid and myself are coming up with some quality fake Pokémon - this design team is pretty much among the very best (I'd say my "team-mates" are easily on a par with great Fakemon designers like Novoni and Cuddles). It's a shame some people daren't appreciate that.

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
A good bunch today! Despite Cascade being ill, he's got some quality stuff to me. Artwise, yet another very good week, with a contribution from the excellent Shadow Bind. As ever, working with Kangaskhan Kid's designs has been a treat – this week, new art from me includes Neutroule, Hydronicle, Lagowind and Bunnigust along with artwork for Aquericle and Rabbair to appear as evocons. Shadow Bind tackled a sweet looking Sandshrew. Cascade's efforts this week include an incredibly cool Chansey, another magnificent piece for the Psychic version of Honoke and a mean Striktoil.

In order to clarify who made which card and the art, I've added a little note at the side of each completed card to indicate who did what.

QFred

Behold...
Years
Off-topic: Sorry, Cascade I couldn't congratulate you for your birthday but I haven't been online on the past 3-4 days, so... Congratu-late-ions!...

On-topic: The new bunch of cards is really great, I must say... For attacks and art I prefered the 2nd bunch but the Pokémon themselves and Powers/Bodies on this bunch were very well chosen.

Hydronicle: Awesome art... I would use te Power alot in current gameplay (if this card was real and Mod-ON). The attack effect text has one error, "attacheded", but is awesome anyways. 9,8/10
---
Lagowind: I don't really like the name you gave to it, but since I have no idea for a flying, light, clowdy bunny name... Nice Sugimorish art! I think 90 HP is a bit too low for a Stage 2... The Power is very useful especially if you're about to see your Active being killed... I must say I think 30 damage and forced, your choice, switch is a cool effect but I would put one more Colorless cost and add a bit of power to the attack, like 40 of 50... 8,3/10
---
Bunnigust: This is also one of the kind of Pokémon whose name could be better, but that is repeating the same story so... The Body is cool but I was expecting better art and an attack with an effect similar to Agility or Swift. 6,7/10
---
Chansey: Elite art!! It's strong and cute and stuff... I am in love with the attack!! And the Body isn't far behind on my consideration... 10/10
---
Honoke: W00T! Nice art! Very smooth and calmy... The Body is a double-edge knife that works the best with Snorlax! The attack is also cool... 9,1/10
---
Neutroule: Like the art and the BG chosen for it... Cool Power dfor early game! The attack is overpowered, especially on an evolving Basic. 9,6/10
---
Sandshrew: Snad Veil for protection, especially if Sandshrew was brought from the bench by an effect of a attack or Power/Body. Team Burrow is a very cool attack that can deal 10-120 damage!! The art is very cute and awesomely drawn! 10/10
---
Squink: The art is very plain but is very well drawn and the BG favours the Pokémon. Also Bubble Stream is an attack that will always hurt your opponent! Tackle is just plian Tackle, an offensive move! 9,8/10
---
Striktoil: This is not that good... Discard 1-2 R Energy cards for 30 damge is not that good... I would evolve it...

Overall:
Awesome!

Cascade Of The Sky

Shining Porygon master
Years
FANTASTIC bunch! i love this lot.. a lot :P! hehehehehe! anywhoooz! i would like to thanx Shadow_Bind for kindly excepting an art trade with me, fang and i appreciate it, and Kangaskahn kid.. your awesome, and your desiogns rock!

Great Chikorita

~ It's Raining Here! ~
Years
Oops! Sorry for saying this late: Happy Birthday Cascade!

Now for the new Striktoil:

I think you forgot the 'and then' text between the discard sentence and the damage sentence.

There are some more word error I found. but I'm too lazy to post it. but if you really do want to know. I'll post it. :P

Overall: 10/10

Cascade Of The Sky

Shining Porygon master
Years
:S! FANG! i don't think i saved Striktoil as a PSD! could you edit the mistake.. :P i can't be bothered.. im too sick.. *cough*!!!

MAligera!!! :P! sarcasm!@ - delusional!

thanx everyone... we'll fix up any problems, but knowing mr. FANG! (mushroom man), he will reject, or deny the idea of that card being wrong. i don't think there is much of a problem, but i will discuss

i think we are going to have to wait a bit longer for weaviles Release. it is finished, just, we all love it to bits! :P

[EDIT]: i FOUND A MISTAKE!!! yay - Bunnigust advertises that it is a grass type.. IT ISN"T!!! fang... that's enough orange soda!

Last edited:

Solemnity

Lass Solemnity
Years
Hey guys I wasnt trying to be offensive im just saying you made it sound like it was going to be the most amazing thing ever and then I see that it was just fakemon on cards and it made me laugh. I seriously thought it would be bigger than this. Im sorry if I offended you in some way but next time dont say something is the biggest thing in faking history when it obviously is not. Not good guys not good.

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2008
How is it NOT the biggest thing in faking? They're the two greatest fakers out there, making a massive set, and working off each other's ideas! Even Pokémon USA can't beat this. Just because they're fake Pokémon makes no difference - they're amazing fake Pokémon.

Cascade Of The Sky

Shining Porygon master
Years
it's not the idea of FAKE mon cards :P it's the idea of PURE genius! 2 of the most experianced fakers, faking a set, with blanks made by both the producers (hidden legend, by fangking, acanthite by me), and THERE own art!?! - an amazing set using up most of my time :P!

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Solemnity said:
Hey guys I wasnt trying to be offensive im just saying you made it sound like it was going to be the most amazing thing ever and then I see that it was just fakemon on cards and it made me laugh. I seriously thought it would be bigger than this. Im sorry if I offended you in some way but next time dont say something is the biggest thing in faking history when it obviously is not. Not good guys not good.

Yeah, think about it mate - we've made just about every single thing you see, from the blanks to the symbols to the art to the Pokémon themselves. The concept of Acanthite is a direct tie in from my fan game, which itself I built pretty much from scratch. Heck, if you wanna get really technical, I'm the guy who worked out the tutorial. If you think about it, so much effort...

Name me a bigger thing in faking.

No offence taken, I don't expect EVERYONE to appreciate how huge and time consuming this thing it - this is the product of several years of blank making, practising faking and working out how to do it perfectly, honing artistic techniques, designing Pokémon and coming up with the Acanthite story. This is so much more detailed than most fake sets you can go out and see.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 2, 2023
I love these cards!!! They're brilliant art and i like the idea of mythical cards.

Hydronicle i think is really cool

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Yeah, this was a good week! We've got a bonus 10th card this week. Consider this a reward for excellent support.

As ever, I am indebted to the work of Kangaskhan Kid who assists in the design realm. Also this week I owe a credit to Lord9511 for his awesome 3D work on Statiode. Shadow Bind appears with a great Porygon. Cascade delivers the first Trainer and Pokémon-ex of the set, and in style, along with a sweet little Shrike who is the cutest thing ever, and a Mythical Globin. I have completed Cobroast, the final form of the fire starter, and my personal favourite, Darukeni, based on Cascade's sketch. Also I've got Rabbair and Darukan done.

We're up to the 40 card mark including the promos. Pretty cool ^_^

QFred

Behold...
Years
UBER REVISION 2:

Cobroast: Pretty cool art! HP could be 110 but since I dunno the status on it, I can't afford to say that. I like the Body and attack! 10/10

Shrike: Love the art, love the whole Pokémon, although the eyes bug me... Shrill Scream is a tad overpowered causing 10 damage and a Special Condition; this is okay because of the baby status. 9/10

Darukeni: Not ment to offend, but this Pokémon is like, very odd, in terms of looks. Very cool, nonetheless. A pretty cool thing about it is that you ca choose between causing 20 damage or causing the difference between Darukeni and the DP max HP damage. 10/10

Statiode: I've seen some work of Lord9511 on the PBForums but this art is amazing... I really like the idea of Charge Plug, although it may be risky, since Statiode's attacks are not strong and it has only 50 HP. It also seems to me that the wording on Circular Spark is not the best. It could be more like: "This attack does 20 damage to both players BP's. (Don't apply...)" or "This attack does 20 damage to every BP in play. (Both...)(Don't...)". 8/10

Darukan: Nice art! Tuning, cool attack, with a coin boost! Doubleslap can do 0-40 damage which is not bad at all! Nice basic! 9/10

Globin: Neat art, although it looks kinda sad... The whole card is overpowered, the first attack Poisoning and putting Asleep, which is a bit much. The seccond attack causes 30 damage which is a bit on an evolving Basic and also causing more 20 Bench damage... A bit too much! 7/10

Porygon: Awesome art from Shadow_bind! Also, the first attack is pretty good, possibliting Porygon of evolving on your first game turn. Vertex Point is cool, since it is stronger the stronger Porygon still is. 10/10

Rabbair: Nice art... Cool Body, and I understand why you still refered to the F weakness, for attacks ike Swift... Floating kick is also a pretty cool attack, although a bit overpowered... 9/10

Nova Berry: The art is very, very cool, but could have been added texture to the berries. I would use this Tool on real play if I could! Really, really cool! 10/10

Weavile ex: Woot, Mythical ex! Art is very cool! Petrifying Gaze is a cool attack especially because it ends LM Wailord's React Reatreat strategy! Mythical Cusre it the best if Weavile ex is with only 10 HP left, 100 damge! Dong! Pelutant Phalanx causes some serious damage also, especially with a Boost Energy! 10/10

Overall: I think the 2nd group was better than this one, but this one is really awesome too!

Back