• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
Where it is in un unlz.gba?
pokemonfireredgba01.th.png

Greetings!!

EDIT: In fire red :)

Last edited:

Core-3X

New starter today
Years
In Pokémon FireRed, is there a way to change the message speed? I need a speed that is between mid and fast, but I can't find anything about it. So does somebody know if it is possible? If so, how?

Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2016
I'm here with another question.

One of my warps won't work at all. I'm pretty sure everything is working right..

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I'm here with another question.

One of my warps won't work at all. I'm pretty sure everything is working right..

That is a problem, but as is the lack of detail. It is hard to tell without any specific details. But, I have an idea:

First of all - Did you check the Tile's behaviour in Block Editor to see if it can allow you to use the warp?

Jet Jathor

Pokewatcher & Collector
Years
N00b alert: I am trying to hack LeafGreen, but I can't figure out how to fix the palette of the title screen sprite (I'm using Arceus). I don't really know how to use APE and I don't have the palette offsets for it anyways. Please help!!!

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2011
Hi,

I'm really new to hacking and I've got a major problem.

The scripts I write don't save. Here's what I do:

-Create an NPC in AM, the find a free offset and put it in 'Script offset'.
-I open XSE (tried clicking on the button in AM, and openning it as admin).
-I write the script, giving the #dynamic 0x(Offset) either the same and a different free offset.
-I than compile the script, trying to click on copy in the pop-up, and tried not to click on it.
-I close XSE, either saving or not the .rbc file.
-I open up the script again: No changes made (for an already existing script) or nothing at all.

In case you ask, yes I saved the map, even before openning the script. My OS is Vista.

Please help.

Kathoros

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
Hi,

I'm really new to hacking and I've got a major problem.

The scripts I write don't save. Here's what I do:

-Create an NPC in AM, the find a free offset and put it in 'Script offset'.
-I open XSE (tried clicking on the button in AM, and openning it as admin).
-I write the script, giving the #dynamic 0x(Offset) either the same and a different free offset.
-I than compile the script, trying to click on copy in the pop-up, and tried not to click on it.
-I close XSE, either saving or not the .rbc file.
-I open up the script again: No changes made (for an already existing script) or nothing at all.

In case you ask, yes I saved the map, even before openning the script. My OS is Vista.

Please help.

Kathoros

i dont kno the problem but try this method.

1.open your rom in XSE(file>open>.GBA) then write you script.
2. find an free offset using FSF
3. add the offset to the #dynamic 0x(offset) part in your script.
4.compile it
5.take the offset given to #org @start, or watever name you gave it.
6.put that offset in the NPC script offset area
7. try it out

that should work.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2011
When ever I do a level script, the script starts the first time I enter the map. I was wondering if there was a way to make a level scripts start at a specific time? Or if there was a way to start it only if certain conditions have been met.

Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
I would ask about Battle Frontier editing...

How to change banned pokemon list?
I believe there is a table for that banned pokemon list...

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2011
i dont kno the problem but try this method.

1.open your rom in XSE(file>open>.GBA) then write you script.
2. find an free offset using FSF
3. add the offset to the #dynamic 0x(offset) part in your script.
4.compile it
5.take the offset given to #org @start, or watever name you gave it.
6.put that offset in the NPC script offset area
7. try it out

that should work.

It worked! Thanks a LOT for your help.

Happy New year's eve everyone!

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
When ever I do a level script, the script starts the first time I enter the map. I was wondering if there was a way to make a level scripts start at a specific time? Or if there was a way to start it only if certain conditions have been met.

hmmmm, im not sure about it happening at a specific time, but i do kno its possible if certain conditions have been met. if you use a checkflag/setflag situation in the first script(the non-level script) then you can have the level script check to see if the flag is occured(using checkflag) and if it had occured, you can make your level script different then wat i could be if it hadnt occured. i hope i understood wat you were asking. heres a small situation to what i mean (but this goes for any script, not just level scripts)

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2011
hmmmm, im not sure about it happening at a specific time, but i do kno its possible if certain conditions have been met. if you use a checkflag/setflag situation in the first script(the non-level script) then you can have the level script check to see if the flag is occured(using checkflag) and if it had occured, you can make your level script different then wat i could be if it hadnt occured. i hope i understood wat you were asking. heres a small situation to what i mean (but this goes for any script, not just level scripts)

Spoiler:

that is, in a way what I was asking for...but is there a way to make the level script refuse to start UNTIL the flag has been set?

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2016
Quick question on RBY hacking. Anyone know where/how a Pokémon's TM compatibility is stored? If I wanted to, for instance, make Surf a compatible HM for Pikachu, how would I go about doing it?

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2016
Also, another quick Q. Has anyone made a trainer editor for RB (or GY, for that matter)? I can hex edit them but it's a bit of a hassle.

It's curious to me that the hacking resources of RBY are so thin.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
also how do remove the truck script?

Which game are you hacking, Ruby or Emerald?

Does anyone know where I can find the trainer's head/icon thing on the pokenav map in emerald? I've scanned through UNLZ several times to no avail and it's driving me mad! Thanks

You won't find them using unLZ because they aren't compressed. Here are the addresses of the uncompressed graphics for each gender's sprite:

Male: 0x5a084c
Female: 0x5a08ec

Okay maybe someone can answer me this instead: What determines the pallete of reflections in R/S/E? I found out shadows and thought balloons are the last two colours of the OW sprite's palette, but I suspect the reflections use a different palette.

Reflections use special palettes based on the original palettes, just with more "washed out" colors. The reflection palettes for Palettes 2-5 (in the Palette Viewer, not in an OW editor) are stored in Palettes 6-9. The player's reflection palette is stored in Palette 1, directly after the player's palette in Palette 0. Funnily enough, I was just documenting these palettes a couple of days ago so here's a table with the addresses for Palettes 2-9 (you'll have to use APE to find the player's palettes):

Code:
4AD8B8 Pal 2
4AD8D8 Pal 3
4AD8F8 Pal 4
4AD918 Pal 5
4AD938 Pal 6
4AD958 Pal 7
4AD978 Pal 8
4AD998 Pal 9

Where it is in un unlz.gba?
pokemonfireredgba01.th.png

Greetings!!

EDIT: In fire red :)

Try reading this tutorial.

In Pokémon FireRed, is there a way to change the message speed? I need a speed that is between mid and fast, but I can't find anything about it. So does somebody know if it is possible? If so, how?

I don't think it's possible without ASM.

Years
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
how can i change the gender icons to something else? the ♂♀ icons. i tried searching for it using unlz but couldn't find it
i'm hacking emerald btw

jota_rdk

Spanish hacker [Javi4315]
Years
Please, Is there a tutorial on how to change the sprite of the protagonist in the intro on fire red? And to change the back sprite of the protagonist?

Greetings!

PS: Colcolstyles, thanks for your previous response.

hackerofdarkness

I have return
Years
Please, Is there a tutorial on how to change the sprite of the protagonist in the intro on fire red? And to change the back sprite of the protagonist?

Greetings!

PS: Colcolstyles, thanks for your previous response.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=165124&highlight=Dante is the link to change the image thats appear in the intro and http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=239796 to change the back sprite
the rest can be found in the tutorial section just make sure to check first

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2011
That would require the use of either a text editor or TileMolester.

Simple. Use another checkflag.It will check the first flag to see if it was set, then check the second one as well.

Srry for DP, can't c/p on Wii. ;_;

Thanks It worked :D.

Greetings!

The sprites in the intro are a little tricky to find. Set the color mode to 256 colors and go to 341 on unLZ. You can try setting it to black and white to see better. For a more in-depth guide i suggest you go to Dante's tutorial on changing the intro hero.(Should be in the tutorials section.)

As for the backsprites you need a tile editing program such as tile layer pro or tile molester. Just use the search function and you should find a tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back