Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.

Ad Content
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old August 14th, 2017 (10:57 AM).
Karatekid3000 Karatekid3000 is offline
     
    Join Date: Aug 2017
    Posts: 2
    Hi! So I just started to get into this whole ROM hacking thing, and I was working on a hack when I realized I actually have no interest in creating a story. What I enjoy doing is programming, so I thought it would be cool to make some tools. But there's so many out there already, so I thought why not make them run on my phone, because that's where I play anyways. So I've started working on tools for android. They probably won't be very useful for a serious hacker as it is much nicer to work in front of a computer then a tiny phone but these will be useful for those who want to change some stuff on the go. I plan on adding more tools to the thread as I go. Anyways here's what I've made so far:

    Starter Swapper: Change your starter pokemon. Works with Firered v1.0, v1.1, Leafgreen v1.0, v1.1, Ruby v1.0, v1.1, Sapphire v1.0, v1.1, and a version of Emerald which I believe is 1.0. If there is any interest I will release the source on github. The download link should be attached along with a screenshot because I can't add links yet.




    Apologies if I'm doing something wrong or breaking some protocol, I'm quite new to this community
    Attached Images
    File Type: png Screenshot_20170814-125214.png‎ (67.2 KB, 284 views) (Save to Dropbox)
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip Starter_Swapper.zip‎ (1.48 MB, 463 views) (Save to Dropbox)
    Reply With Quote
      #2   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old August 18th, 2017 (11:14 AM).
    CaptainDumbChester's Avatar
    CaptainDumbChester CaptainDumbChester is offline
    The Dumbest Person ever.
       
      Join Date: Aug 2017
      Location: Philippines
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Adamant
      Posts: 31
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Karatekid3000 View Post
      Hi! So I just started to get into this whole ROM hacking thing, and I was working on a hack when I realized I actually have no interest in creating a story. What I enjoy doing is programming, so I thought it would be cool to make some tools. But there's so many out there already, so I thought why not make them run on my phone, because that's where I play anyways. So I've started working on tools for android. They probably won't be very useful for a serious hacker as it is much nicer to work in front of a computer then a tiny phone but these will be useful for those who want to change some stuff on the go. I plan on adding more tools to the thread as I go. Anyways here's what I've made so far:

      Starter Swapper: Change your starter pokemon. Works with Firered v1.0, v1.1, Leafgreen v1.0, v1.1, Ruby v1.0, v1.1, Sapphire v1.0, v1.1, and a version of Emerald which I believe is 1.0. If there is any interest I will release the source on github. The download link should be attached along with a screenshot because I can't add links yet.




      Apologies if I'm doing something wrong or breaking some protocol, I'm quite new to this community
      No one replied yet? This is cool (What language is this written?)
      , BTW welcome back KK.
      __________________
      Support My Tool: Dumb Pokemon Editor
      Reply With Quote
        #3   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old August 20th, 2017 (2:04 AM). Edited August 20th, 2017 by Spherical Ice.
      Lancekoijerwillborough Lancekoijerwillborough is offline
         
        Join Date: Jan 2017
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 41
        That will be awesome!
        I suggest to include those hacks in Quick Research thread.

        That will be awesome!
        I suggest to include those hacks in Quick Research thread.
        also, item, trainer and Pokemon data editor.
        Reply With Quote
          #4   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old August 20th, 2017 (12:16 PM).
        Lunos's Avatar
        Lunos Lunos is online now
        Random Uruguayan User
           
          Join Date: Oct 2008
          Location: Montevideo (Uruguay)
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Lonely
          Posts: 1,711
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lancekoijerwillborough View Post
          I suggest to include those hacks in Quick Research thread.
          The Quick Resources Thread is a thread where people can post miscellaneous resources like tiles, sprites, small bases, etc.

          Tools are normally posted in their own thread for convenience's sake.
          In this thread, people will be able to discuss any matter related to the tool itself, something that would not be possible in the Quick Resources Thread.
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #5   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old August 21st, 2017 (12:47 AM).
          NoMansBubble's Avatar
          NoMansBubble NoMansBubble is offline
          My bed English.....
             
            Join Date: Aug 2017
            Posts: 3
            Nice work!!
            Reply With Quote
              #6   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old August 21st, 2017 (4:11 AM).
            darikawaiii's Avatar
            darikawaiii darikawaiii is offline
               
              Join Date: Jul 2017
              Posts: 2
              Great tool, thanks for it, keep it up :)
              Reply With Quote
                #7   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old August 22nd, 2017 (11:25 PM).
              Lancekoijerwillborough Lancekoijerwillborough is offline
                 
                Join Date: Jan 2017
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 41
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Lunos View Post
                The Quick Resources Thread is a thread where people can post miscellaneous resources like tiles, sprites, small bases, etc.

                Tools are normally posted in their own thread for convenience's sake.
                In this thread, people will be able to discuss any matter related to the tool itself, something that would not be possible in the Quick Resources Thread.
                Read my post back, I said QUICK RESEARCH THREAD, not RESOURCES. I know the difference between those threads.
                Reply With Quote
                  #8   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old August 23rd, 2017 (9:57 AM). Edited August 23rd, 2017 by Lunos.
                Lunos's Avatar
                Lunos Lunos is online now
                Random Uruguayan User
                   
                  Join Date: Oct 2008
                  Location: Montevideo (Uruguay)
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Lonely
                  Posts: 1,711
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Lancekoijerwillborough View Post
                  Read my post back, I said QUICK RESEARCH THREAD, not RESOURCES. I know the difference between those threads.
                  The explanation still applies.
                  The Quick Research Thread is a thread where people can drop miscellaneous findings they make when researching different parts of a Pokmon ROM.
                  Posting a tool in that thread would make no sense and again, it would make impossible for anyone to receive support, report bugs, etc.
                  __________________
                  Reply With Quote
                    #9   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old August 23rd, 2017 (5:06 PM).
                  Froosty's Avatar
                  Froosty Froosty is offline
                  The_Learner
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2014
                    Location: Somewhere in this world.
                    Age: 20
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Brave
                    Posts: 541
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Lunos View Post
                    The explanation still applies.
                    The Quick Research Thread is a thread where people can drop miscellaneous findings they make when researching different parts of a Pokmon ROM.
                    Posting a tool in that thread would make no sense and again, it would make impossible for anyone to receive support, report bugs, etc.
                    Seems like you are getting his words wrong,
                    He means to include those hacks(findings) from quick research thread into this tool.
                    __________________
                    Want to talk with me regarding Rom-hacking ??? Want to get access to my works exclusive than anywhere else ???
                    Click here to get in the discord server here where rom-hacking is a everyday talk and task.

                    Want to showcase your hack on discord server ??? Click here to get the dask done.

                    My works:
                    TOOL: TL's Quick Enhancer
                    TUTORIAL: Fire red habitat editing
                    TUTORIAL: Fire red Transparent text-box


                    | |
                    Reply With Quote
                      #10   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old August 23rd, 2017 (5:54 PM). Edited August 23rd, 2017 by Lunos.
                    Lunos's Avatar
                    Lunos Lunos is online now
                    Random Uruguayan User
                       
                      Join Date: Oct 2008
                      Location: Montevideo (Uruguay)
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Lonely
                      Posts: 1,711
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by The_learner View Post
                      Seems like you are getting his words wrong,
                      He means to include those hacks(findings) from quick research thread into this tool.
                      Oh, alright, that does make sense.
                      I thought he wanted this tool's creator to share his stuff in the quick research thread, hahaha.

                      ON: Speaking of which, I agree with Lance's idea.
                      Implementing stuff from the Quick Research Thread sounds like a nice first step for this tool to become Android's equivalent of The_Learner's Quick Enhancer Tool which would be pretty nice.
                      ROM Hacking in Android sounds like a pretty comfy idea and it would be nice if more tools kept popping up as well.
                      __________________
                      Reply With Quote
                        #11   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old August 28th, 2017 (10:28 AM).
                      Karatekid3000 Karatekid3000 is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Aug 2017
                        Posts: 2
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by CaptainDumbChester View Post
                        No one replied yet? This is cool (What language is this written?
                        It's written in java, using the standard android sdk.

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by CaptainDumbChester View Post
                        BTW welcome back KK.
                        I'm not sure what you mean by welcome back. I just joined this community for the first time.

                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Lunos View Post
                        ON: Speaking of which, I agree with Lance's idea.
                        Implementing stuff from the Quick Research Thread sounds like a nice first step for this tool to become Android's equivalent of The_Learner's Quick Enhancer Tool which would be pretty nice.
                        ROM Hacking in Android sounds like a pretty comfy idea and it would be nice if more tools kept popping up as well.
                        That is kind of the plan. My idea with this was to be able to open up a clean rom and edit pokemon data, change up moves, and add a couple modern features with a few clicks.

                        Right now I am almost done the first iteration of the pokemon editor. Editing stats and moves work fine, once editing evolutions are working I will release the version. Editing pokedex information, and sprites are not planned for a while though.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #12   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old September 2nd, 2017 (12:08 AM). Edited September 2nd, 2017 by Aryan 10.
                        Aryan 10's Avatar
                        Aryan 10 Aryan 10 is offline
                        Battle Legend
                           
                          Join Date: Nov 2016
                          Location: Pallet Town, India
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Relaxed
                          Posts: 162
                          Nice work, I am also working on an Android Rom Hacking, I wanna see what codes you use, you can release the source if you have no problem with it :)

                          EDIT: Clicking on Load Rom crashes the app, my android version is Marshmallow 6.1, you should fix it.
                          __________________
                          You are challenged by Battle Legend Aryan 10.
                          Make FireRed Great Again

                          My Progressing Hack
                          Pokemon Flame Yellow
                          Discord Server: https://discord.gg/fuwaJFk

                          Website | Github | Slack
                          Discord ID: @Aryan 10#7484
                          Reply With Quote
                            #13   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old March 26th, 2018 (2:19 PM). Edited March 26th, 2018 by ╚»★«╝Typhlosion From Brazil╚»★«╝.
                          ╚»★«╝Typhlosion From Brazil╚»★«╝'s Avatar
                          ╚»★«╝Typhlosion From Brazil╚»★«╝ ╚»★«╝Typhlosion From Brazil╚»★«╝ is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Mar 2018
                            Posts: 2
                            Well........

                            Traslation: The Starter Swapper Stopped

                            https://ibb.co/kOjDZn
                            Reply With Quote
                              #14   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old March 28th, 2018 (7:30 AM).
                            Phantom Phoenix's Avatar
                            Phantom Phoenix Phantom Phoenix is offline
                            Lost on the road of life
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2015
                              Location: ???
                              Age: 21
                              Gender: Male
                              Nature: Calm
                              Posts: 166
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Karatekid3000 View Post
                              I'm not sure what you mean by welcome back. I just joined this community for the first time.
                              .
                              Well there is an user Named KarateKid552 too. Who is inactive for more than 3 years.
                              I think he though you were that karate kid.
                              __________________
                              My DeviantArt
                              Pokemon XYZ Version
                              Github
                              Reply With Quote
                                #15   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old May 7th, 2018 (9:02 AM). Edited May 7th, 2018 by Milot1c.
                              Milot1c Milot1c is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: May 2018
                                Posts: 1
                                Did you change the evos? If so I'd love to download this, I tried the starter swapped and I loved it!

                                Also is there any chance of you putting a randomize option in there too?
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #16   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                Old June 23rd, 2018 (12:14 PM).
                                Ender_® Ender_® is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Oct 2017
                                  Posts: 3
                                  Nice work KK!
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #17   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                  Old July 5th, 2018 (2:29 AM).
                                  raousoft's Avatar
                                  raousoft raousoft is offline
                                  خارقوالعادة
                                     
                                    Join Date: Jul 2018
                                    Location: Planet Earth
                                    Posts: 1
                                    Wow that's an amazing job doing it on android !
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #18   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                    Old July 13th, 2018 (12:51 PM).
                                    Tool Army Tool Army is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Jul 2018
                                      Posts: 1
                                      Thanks man! Excellent work!
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #19   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                      Old September 21st, 2018 (8:05 PM).
                                      CPT.Fahim's Avatar
                                      CPT.Fahim CPT.Fahim is offline
                                      hi these is CPT.Fahim From Poke Army
                                         
                                        Join Date: Oct 2017
                                        Location: Bangladesh
                                        Age: 18
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Nature: Relaxed
                                        Posts: 29
                                        good work man
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #20   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                        Old October 25th, 2018 (3:24 PM).
                                        BlazinCaucasian86 BlazinCaucasian86 is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Oct 2018
                                          Posts: 1
                                          Hey guys/girls. I'm interested in learning how to hack gba games. I'm just fascinated by being able to tweak, edit or completely overhaul a game. Can anyone tell me where to start? How do you learn? What programs do I need? Are there simplified tutorials anywhere on base level rom hacking? I like to think of myself as fairly tech savvy but I'm completely noob when it comes to this. I need a starting point. Any help would be appreciated. Also please don't abbreviate any of the terminology lol I was just speaking to a group about it and all I got was abbreviations and shortened words and it was confusing. I've never attempted to hack a rom or anything close to it but I want to learn. Thanks
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #21   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                          Old 3 Weeks Ago (9:34 AM). Edited 3 Weeks Ago by Zankew.
                                          Zankew's Avatar
                                          Zankew Zankew is offline
                                          (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
                                             
                                            Join Date: Dec 2018
                                            Location: Inside you
                                            Gender: Male
                                            Nature: Lonely
                                            Posts: 53
                                            Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Aryan 10 View Post
                                            Nice work, I am also working on an Android Rom Hacking, I wanna see what codes you use, you can release the source if you have no problem with it :)

                                            EDIT: Clicking on Load Rom crashes the app, my android version is Marshmallow 6.1, you should fix it.
                                            So you are working on android rom hacking. I wanted to ask that the rom that you are progressing on (flame yellow) ,are you using your Android or computer to make it? If android then can you please tell me what tools are you using? I know how to use advance map on android but any other tools?
                                            __________________

                                            Name: Swellow
                                            Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #22   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                                            Old 3 Weeks Ago (10:48 AM).
                                            Zankew's Avatar
                                            Zankew Zankew is offline
                                            (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
                                               
                                              Join Date: Dec 2018
                                              Location: Inside you
                                              Gender: Male
                                              Nature: Lonely
                                              Posts: 53
                                              It works perfectly!
                                              Thanks for this swapper.
                                              __________________

                                              Name: Swellow
                                              Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
                                              Reply With Quote
                                              Reply

                                              Quick Reply

                                              Join the conversation!

                                              Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                              Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                              Ad Content
                                              Thread Tools

                                              Posting Rules
                                              You may not post new threads
                                              You may not post replies
                                              You may not post attachments
                                              You may not edit your posts

                                              BB code is On
                                              Smilies are On
                                              [IMG] code is On
                                              HTML code is Off

                                              Forum Jump


                                              All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:26 AM.