• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Which gen 2 pokemon do you like and dislike the most?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2018
Which Gen two Mon do you like the most and which do you dislike the most?

TYRANITAR!! TTar is my second favourite pokemon of all time,am I a fan boy? You bet,I remember raising one in Gold Ver. Im a hudge godzilla fan,and thats what he was based off so when this guy finally evolved and I saw this green beast for the first time i was pretty stoked.

Unkown,it is a slack design,I understand the concept but just all round dislike this one,the Alphabet pokemon just doesnt cut it for me.

Cant wait to hear the comments.

Cheers.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
Feraligatr is a boss, since it can learn an Ice-type attack before halfway into your adventure in Johto. In the remakes, because of the physical/special split, it gets to make use of it's best offensive stat (physical attack).

It also gets a very handy Ability as it's Hidden Ability; Sheer Force, which, combined with Dragon Dance if passed down through breeding, can be an amazing tool to work with when holding the Life Orb.

I don't have many Pokémon I genuinely hate, but there are some I find myself frustrated with at times depending on the situation.

I'm sure we can agree Stantler was not worth the hassle in terms of capturing.

Last edited:
Years
Much like the OP, my favourite Gen 2 pokemon is Tyranitar, with both Espeon and Umbreon tying second.
Tyranitar is an absolute beast in the games and when it saw it in the Pokemon4Ever movie, well i just wanted it even more.

My least favourite has to be Smeargle.
I don't like the fact it can only use 'Sketch'. What if you send it out against a pokemon with a move you want, like say Cloyster with Shell Smash. You predict that Cloyster will use that move, but it doesn't and it uses, say Icicle Crash, instead.
You've wasted your Sketch move and now need to wait another 10 levels for Smeargle to learn it again.
That plus, I don't like it's paintbrush on its tail lol.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Crobat is my favorite pokemon ever

I don't like Xatu very much
Very good choices! Honestly I think mine are exactly the same. I adore Crobat and really, really, really hate Xatu. Also a big shout-out to Donphan and Sudowoodo whom both come close to my favourite!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I love a majority of the Pokemon introduced in gen 2. Umbreon would have to be my favorite, but Houndoom/Tyranitar/Scizor are close behind!

Least favorite? That's tough, since I like most of them. I guess Miltank. Whitney ruined it for me :<

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2018
Crobat is my favorite pokemon ever

I don't like Xatu very much
I like Xatu lol funny enough lol
Feraligatr is a boss, since it can learn an Ice-type attack before halfway into your adventure in Johto. In the remakes, because of the physical/special split, it gets to make use of it's best offensive stat (physical attack).

It also gets a very handy Ability as it's Hidden Ability; Sheer Force, which, combined with Dragon Dance if passed down through breeding, can be an amazing tool to work with when holding the Life Orb.

I don't have many Pokémon I genuinely hate, but there are some I find myself frustrated with at times depending on the situation.

I'm sure we can agree Stantler was not worth the hassle in terms of capturing.
Stantler is pretty lame lol wish it was abit stronger as i dont mind its design,Somthing we can both agree on though is Feraligatr such a boss gameplay and design wise!
Much like the OP, my favourite Gen 2 pokemon is Tyranitar, with both Espeon and Umbreon tying second.
Tyranitar is an absolute beast in the games and when it saw it in the Pokemon4Ever movie, well i just wanted it even more.

My least favourite has to be Smeargle.
I don't like the fact it can only use 'Sketch'. What if you send it out against a pokemon with a move you want, like say Cloyster with Shell Smash. You predict that Cloyster will use that move, but it doesn't and it uses, say Icicle Crash, instead.
You've wasted your Sketch move and now need to wait another 10 levels for Smeargle to learn it again.
That plus, I don't like it's paintbrush on its tail lol.
T-Tar FTW love everything about this Mon!
Very good choices! Honestly I think mine are exactly the same. I adore Crobat and really, really, really hate Xatu. Also a big shout-out to Donphan and Sudowoodo whom both come close to my favourite!
Donphan is a boss!! i remember seeing it on the first movie and was like wooow whats that,he was on my team in Gold also.

Ampharos, Houndoom, Skarmory are always in my team on GSC.
Houndooms a good design! my brother loves that one.

I love a majority of the Pokemon introduced in gen 2. Umbreon would have to be my favorite, but Houndoom/Tyranitar/Scizor are close behind!

Least favorite? That's tough, since I like most of them. I guess Miltank. Whitney ruined it for me :<
Good choices mate!!

Loving the replies guys keep it up!!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021
very solid gen in my eyes (and one of the few where all the legendaries are consistently amazing imo), faves would be ampharos and the starters, but girafarig, forretress, scizor, steelix, ursaring, tyranitar and a few others are super cool too.
Least fave is definitely the unown

blue

gucci
Years
My favourites are a toss up between Ariados, Kingdra and Crobat. Although I don't really dislike any of the Johto Pokémon, my least favourite would probably be Ursaring.

Sirfetch’d

Tough one as gen 2 is one of the few generations where I don't really dislike any Pokemon. If I had to pick a favorite it would probably be Crobat as I've used it so many times and it's a staple for my teams. Octillery, Yanma, and Xatu are up there too.... If I had to pick a least favorite though it would probably be Skiploom? I don't particularly dislike it and I quite like Hoppip and Jumpluff but in comparison it's quite forgettable I guess.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Um I love them all and cannot think of a Pokemon I dislike in gen II, honestly. It's probably my favorite generation in terms of design. Everything just looks so good? Nothing feels too out of place. Some favorites are Umbreon, Quilava, Smeargle, Furret, Ledian, Celebi, Forretress... If I'm going to be forced into picking a least favorite, then um... I suppose...uhhhh... lmfao no i literally can't do it

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
All are my favorites or are decent. None of them, I dislike. I like even the least popular ones, such as Unown or Delibird

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Dunsparce is my favorite Johto-mon, though more for nostalgic reasons. Sneasel may be my favorite aesthetically.

I used to hate Ursaring because it just looked like a cartoon bear to me, not interesting enough to be a Pokémon. These days, Granbull is probably my least-favorite.

Last edited:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Sneasel uses to be my most favorite Pokémon of all time. Then other Pokémon got my attention, like Dunsparce and Quagsire.

My leaat favorite is probably Tyrogue. I don't dislike it; it's just mediocre.

Years
My favorite Pokemon from generation two is Celebi. I think it's really cute, and I remember loving the movie that it was in, Pokemon 4Ever. That's also why Suicune is my favorite of the legendary beasts.

My least favorite is probably Stantler. I just think it's ugly, and there's no point in using it in battle.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Generation 2 is fantastic on so many levels, including its Pok?mon! I'm going to have trouble narrowing down my favourites.

Suicune, Celebi, Quilava, Ledian, Octillery and Flaaffy were always among my most loved Johto Pok?mon. I've trained the last four, but have yet to own Suicune and Celebi. I'm working on that!

Honourable mentions are Feraligatr, Ho-Oh, Furret, Meganium, Mareep and Ampharos. Crobat is cool too.

Least favourites? Um... Pupitar, Forretress and Stantler. Maybe Qwilfish.

I adore Crobat and really, really, really hate Xatu.
Haha, now I get all those Xatu quips directed at you in the Pok?mon Trivia section!

Last edited:
Back