• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Archaic

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 9, 2024
This Game is being created in RPG Maker XP using Pokemon Essentials v17

This idea was born from me and 2 friends designing our ideal starters for a game which bloomed into this project. We felt as if the official games weren't providing that satisfaction when you make significant progress and or even defeated the game as the newer games are intended to be more child friendly which is understood. This led to us deciding to take the matter into our own hands and make an attempt to create our own game which we hope will be challenging for us and hopefully any others who would eventually play our game. We intent to roughly follow the 8 badges defeat the evil team type story line but with plans to deviate slightly from this with other ideas integrated into the game.

Our game begins with the typical loading screen with the title etc. Once selecting new game the character will, in theory, be shown a cut scene involving their father encountering the legendary Pokemon of our game which is based on the ankh dragon. This scene has an important plot point as the the screen shakes as if there is an earthquake occurring and the screen fades black. It then cuts to the normal intro cut scene with the professor and the selection of gender and entering of the player name. The game is based in a region designed with an African theme in mind. The players journey begins relatively normally with the player receiving their starter and taking on the first few gyms. The game has surf introduced early on so the player doesn't have to come back for surf obtained items, they are accessible from the start. However, HMs have been replaced with Key Items such as a pickaxe for rock smash and a Surfboard for surf. Before the 4th gym the player is introduced to the evil team and stops a minor event from occurring. As the player advances through the game they will encounter around 80 fakemon with plans to add more in later releases of the game. This game also has forms of old pokemon called Archaic forms. These forms are not normally obtainable in the players world however. A few of these forms are gifted to the player throughout the story such as a form of one of the old starters outside the 3rd gym. These archaic pokemon are pokemon from the past with slightly different typings due to the pokemon having evolved ( The Charles Darwin type of evolution not the metamorphosis known as evolution in pokemon) to have different types in our time. These different typed pokemon are reached our world through space time rifts caused by the building in power of the legendary pokemon. The world of the past is explorable to an extent to the trainer after reaching a certain milestone in the game. After exploring the world of the past, the player returns to the present to find a few have escaped into the region. The player has to track down and defeat or capture these archaic forms to prevent the archaic damaging the environmental balance. These archaics can not be found in the past or as gifts. The final archaic leads the trainer to a set of islands which happen to be the entrances to the equivalent of victory road in the game. Once solving the event the player heads back to defeat the last gym before receiving word of a problem back home. The player returns to find a note. This leads the player to the legendary trio of the game whos event is the key to accessing the victory road and the champion. After defeating the champion the trainer can access 18 small islands of the coast of the region, the Akirfa region. These 18 islands contain all of the official pokemon gens 1 through 6. The plan is to have and event after that which will unlock a second region in the game with a different but very entertaining story.

We have including the ability to have pokemon follow you, the elite battle system graphics for more involving and interesting battles, the previously mentioned original fakemon, new pokemon forms, some new abilities, some new attacks, some new extra TMs, the previously mentioned items to replace HMs and an high difficulty level. The difficulty level should be at a level where, the player doesnt have to grind as a mandatory activity, the story should provide the player with enough experience to be slightly underlevelled but not at a point where the player cannot progress without training using wild encouters

The game is currently in very very early development with the game currently consisting of the first route a town and a cave. So there won't be a beta/demo release for a considerable amount of time

Credit will fully given where needed once the game is at a release stage.

IRON NIDOW

I'm a talking dog
Years
I read it all, even I'm not being a fan anymore of the over used 'classic formula' of 8 badges and silly evil team, I know many people still enjoy it, and I have sure many people still want to play games like this. Considering this, I liked your concept, your main feature is the arcaic forms, it's a nice idea! Even magikarp pokedex entry uses a description a kind of ancestor stronger than present form. The part you said of visiting the past remind me Ocarina of time, Robopon 2 and Chrono Trigger, maybe you could use the same scheme of alter the present by changing the past. I wish sucess ^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 9, 2024
I read it all, even I'm not being a fan anymore of the over used 'classic formula' of 8 badges and silly evil team, I know many people still enjoy it, and I have sure many people still want to play games like this. Considering this, I liked your concept, your main feature is the arcaic forms, it's a nice idea! Even magikarp pokedex entry uses a description a kind of ancestor stronger than present form. The part you said of visiting the past remind me Ocarina of time, Robopon 2 and Chrono Trigger, maybe you could use the same scheme of alter the present by changing the past. I wish sucess ^^

i like the altering the present idea actually, may take a little time to think of a good story way of implementing it but im definitely thinking of including it! thanks.
Also i appreciate the whole 8 gyms evil team junk gets a little repetitive so im aiming to try and alter it slightly so its not exactly the same but ye sadly with it being my first game the story isn't going to be the most flashy story you have met, if you have any other ideas or criticisms feel free to let me know!

Back