• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ye Olde Forbidden Light Discussion Thread

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Making it early this time, article will be out next week. Need to go to a PR first.

Also if I get the pulls I need (mostly uncommons actually) I'll outright have two fully viable competitive decks for this format on day 0, which has never happened.

Of course, one of those is Quad Guzz, which gets SUCH A HUGE BUFF this set. Like, Beast Ring allows me to often set up Guzz 2 without using Eat Sloppily, and Ultra Space can replace literally every Pokemon search card in my deck, leaving more slots for draw.

Also W A K E B O I S

And they left out FA Lady. :(

DISCUSS

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
So that would explain why a guy at the PR was so eager to buy my Ultra Necrozma off of me.

Big Daddy Necrozma loves you too so yeah, the plan is Malamar spam, blow something up, do it again.

Also the review is going to be late. It just is. I swear I'll write it eventually though.

Years
Big Daddy Necrozma loves you too so yeah, the plan is Malamar spam, blow something up, do it again.

Also the review is going to be late. It just is. I swear I'll write it eventually though.

Energy ramping decks have always been my style. I will probably look into it a Necrozma deck as well.

I like the ramping potential of the Magnezone even if it's not a good attacker, too. Basically a Rain Dance for Lightning Energy. Thoughts on that?

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Energy ramping decks have always been my style. I will probably look into it a Necrozma deck as well.

I like the ramping potential of the Magnezone even if it's not a good attacker, too. Basically a Rain Dance for Lightning Energy. Thoughts on that?
It's a straight reprint of Magnezone from last set, except now Lightning rather than Metal. Unfortunately, reliable Basic Lightning attacker to do stuff with.

We have Raichu-GX, but your effort there is probably better wasted on Pachirisu. This is still your best Magnezone pairing I think though. Tech in a Xerkatree for maximum memes.

Vikavolt-GX appreciates the free Energy, but we don't have Mt. Coronet to get it back so you basically have to run Starmie. But between the 2-1-2 Magnezone, 2-2 Starmie, 4-2-4 Vikavolt, and 2 Lele, you have 22 Pokemon in a deck that mandates 4 Rare Candy and double digit energy counts.

Last cute GXless idea is to use this boi
SM2_EN_42.png

Throw 6 Lightning on, and you've got a 50% chance of doing 240 or more damage (read: one-shotting the format). Fliptini is standard too, so make that 75% with Tini. And the whole one-prize-attackers-are-good thing. I may meme this deck together. We shall see.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
Oh, uh, I just noticed. Magnezone BKT has the same Ability. Oops. WHATEVER IM TRYING IT ANYWAY.

****** Pok?mon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pok?mon - 20

* 2 Victini GRI 10
* 4 Alolan Geodude GRI 40
* 2 Magnemite FLI 34
* 1 Xurkitree-GX PR-SM SM68
* 2 Alolan Graveler GRI 41
* 1 Magneton FLI 35
* 4 Alolan Golem GRI 42
* 2 Magnezone FLI 36
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 2 Energy Recycler GRI 123
* 1 N DEX 96
* 2 Professor Sycamore PHF 101
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 4 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Brigette BKT 134
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Gladion CIN 95

##Energy - 11

* 10 Lightning Energy CL 91
* 1 Super Boost Energy {*} UPR 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pok?mon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I'm probably missing some mandatory trainers because I forgot them :)

But yeah, get up Golololem and start blowing stuff up. Fliptini makes your damage more reliable. Magnezone lets you attach more for more damage. X-GX blanket chceks DCE-only decks, and is therefore mandatory if running Lightning imo. Super Boost is fun because you're going to be procing it all the time anyway, so that's 4 flips. One copy of Gladion because Gladion. Lele is also a viable attacker in this deck (shove a ton of energy on Lele, profit), which is why I run two copies over my standard 1, but the list should work with more Brigettes/Fan Klub instead.

Years
With only one Lele myself, I'd probably run a Volkner in its place to have something to actively pull energy and a Rare Candy from the deck if I'm hurting for either rather than depending on the draw from a card like Cynthia or Sycamore. BKT Magnezone might be the better card simply because you could attack with it on consecutive turns, though FLI Magnezone probably works better in an emergency simply because it attacks for more in a go when it can attack.

Last edited:
Back