• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
Listen here. Last time I checked I was the one running this challenge. You don't get to make calls on resetting people's entries. I concede that I should have paid more attention on the Starter part but let me deal with this since I already addressed him and am waiting to see what he says about the National Dex.

Woah woah woah, I didn't mean any offense or to step on anyone's shoes here man. I just assumed that since I chose his team in the first place it was my call to make changes to his team. It doesn't say anything to the contrary in the OP! But, if you are the sole person responsible for re-rolling people's teams if they don't like / cant obtain them, please put that in the OP so others don't make this mistake!

In fact, the way I read the rules in the OP itself gives me the distinct impression that it IS my responsibility to re-roll for him - especially the way you have written Rules 3 and 4.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Woah woah woah, I didn't mean any offense or to step on anyone's shoes here man. I just assumed that since I chose his team in the first place it was my call to make changes to his team. It doesn't say anything to the contrary in the OP! But, if you are the sole person responsible for re-rolling people's teams if they don't like / cant obtain them, please put that in the OP so others don't make this mistake!

In fact, the way I read the rules in the OP itself gives me the distinct impression that it IS my responsibility to re-roll for him - especially the way you have written Rules 3 and 4.
It's not that I'm the only one who can reroll, it was just a situation where I was already trying to handle it and wanted to see what he was gonna do based on the explanation I gave. It was kind of a weird situation so I was handling it. Anyone can give a reroll if the situation warrants it. It just happened that I was already getting involved in it. If someone else is already in the process of handling a reroll situation, it's better if you leave it to them.

Rule 3 is referring to while making the initial roll btw, not on rerolls.

Years
Question: If I were to accidentally evolve my Pokémon to a fully evolved one, would that exclude me out of the challange?

Update: Acquired the 4th gym badge from Flannery and caught a Trapinch. Now I'm on my way to battle Norman with;

) Combusken [Lv. 37]
) Crawdaunt [Lv. 36]
) Trapinch [Lv. 23]

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
It's not that I'm the only one who can reroll, it was just a situation where I was already trying to handle it and wanted to see what he was gonna do based on the explanation I gave. It was kind of a weird situation so I was handling it. Anyone can give a reroll if the situation warrants it. It just happened that I was already getting involved in it. If someone else is already in the process of handling a reroll situation, it's better if you leave it to them.

Rule 3 is referring to while making the initial roll btw, not on rerolls.

Hmmmm.....so i might as well sign up right, sorry.
Forum Username: Blastin'TyruntZ
Game Version: pokemon Soul Silver
Number of Pokemon: 6 (full team)
Exclude NFEs: Yes, only full evolved please
National Dex: Just Jhoto dex would be fine.
Restrictions: No 2 share a type,pick my starter, no bug types (since they are found early in the game and having a butterfree throughout the whole game kinda ruines the fun,the pokemon is very fargile)
Previous Progress: NOPE.

Thank you and sorry for all the inconvenience.

Years
Hmmmm.....so i might as well sign up right, sorry.
Forum Username: Blastin'TyruntZ
Game Version: pokemon Soul Silver
Number of Pokemon: 6 (full team)
Exclude NFEs: Yes, only full evolved please
National Dex: Just Jhoto dex would be fine.
Restrictions: No 2 share a type,pick my starter, no bug types (since they are found early in the game and having a butterfree throughout the whole game kinda ruines the fun,the pokemon is very fargile)
Previous Progress: NOPE.

Thank you and sorry for all the inconvenience.

Lanturn
Girafarig
Delibird
Arbok
Hitmontop
Meganium

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Lanturn
Girafarig
Delibird
Arbok
Hitmontop
Meganium

That's a nice team actually. Welle except Delibird. But nevermind.
Wonder if i can evolve a Tyrogue into Hitmontop and not chan or lee.

-I started the game and picked a girl, going woth the flower theme i named myself Daisy.
-I called my Chikorita Kaede (maple leaf in japanese).

thanks again.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Question: If I were to accidentally evolve my Pokémon to a fully evolved one, would that exclude me out of the challange?

Update: Acquired the 4th gym badge from Flannery and caught a Trapinch. Now I'm on my way to battle Norman with;

) Combusken [Lv. 37]
) Crawdaunt [Lv. 36]
) Trapinch [Lv. 23]
It would not. You could A) return to your last save so the evolution never happened and try again, or B) catch another of the species and make sure you don't evolve it. If it were your Combusken, and you saved after for some reason, then I suppose it wouldn't be a big deal, but that only applies for Pokemon that there are only one of.

Years
Question: If my save file were to be deleted/corrupted, would that mean that I have to restart again with my current team or a new one?

Update: I couldn't save my save file from being corrupted on my USB. And I was about to battle Winona too.. :/

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2023
I'm quite happy with the team that Joshbl5 gave me.Basically,I'm in.But since I'm playing on a D's and not an emulator, I can't hack any Pokemon in.so my first Pokemon will come after I get 2 gym badges. That's OK right?

Years
I'm quite happy with the team that Joshbl5 gave me.Basically,I'm in.But since I'm playing on a D's and not an emulator, I can't hack any Pokemon in.so my first Pokemon will come after I get 2 gym badges. That's OK right?

You could run by the quick trades and see if anyone would trade you for this challenge. If not, you could look through some trade shops. I know Sage Ghetsis has a trade shop but I think it is all X and Y now?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
This looks fun. I'm going to try this challenge, before taking on a Wonderlocke.

Forum Username:
Superstrength79
Game Version: Y
Number of Pokemon: 6
Exclude NFEs: Yes (I want Pokemon to have their full potential)
National Dex: Yes
Restrictions: No legends, include one mega-evolution (what fun is it to play X/Y without it?)

I imagine this would be easiest if you spin for 5, write down what those Pokemon are, and then spin 6 until you get a mega result :)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Question: If my save file were to be deleted/corrupted, would that mean that I have to restart again with my current team or a new one?

Update: I couldn't save my save file from being corrupted on my USB. And I was about to battle Winona too.. :/
You can take a new team if you want to. I knos that starting over with the same stuff might be boring. Your call, just make a new sign up if you want a new team.
You could run by the quick trades and see if anyone would trade you for this challenge. If not, you could look through some trade shops. I know Sage Ghetsis has a trade shop but I think it is all X and Y now?
I don't actually have a shop right now, but yeah, the Quick Trades sub forum or any trade shop should be able to help you out if you have access to wifi.
This looks fun. I'm going to try this challenge, before taking on a Wonderlocke.

Forum Username:
Superstrength79
Game Version: Y
Exclude NFEs: Yes (I want Pokemon to have their full potential)
National Dex: Yes
Restrictions: No legends, include one mega-evolution (what fun is it to play X/Y without it?)

I imagine this would be easiest if you spin for 5, write down what those Pokemon are, and then spin 6 until you get a mega result :)
Relicanth
Muk
Manectric (Mega)
Talonflame
Garbodor
Espeon

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Relicanth
Muk
Manectric (Mega)
Talonflame
Garbodor
Espeon
Not bad! Might have to GTS/trade for a Grimer and Trubbish though. At least I can ditch my starter for the first Fletchling I encounter. Also, I'll tap one of my PC friends to get the Manectite (one of the megas I haven't played with yet, so this is cool).

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Not bad! Might have to GTS/trade for a Grimer and Trubbish though. At least I can ditch my starter for the first Fletchling I encounter. Also, I'll tap one of my PC friends to get the Manectite (one of the megas I haven't played with yet, so this is cool).
You can try Trade Corner too. The Quick Trades forum should be helpful.

Years
You can take a new team if you want to. I knos that starting over with the same stuff might be boring. Your call, just make a new sign up if you want a new team.

Affirmative.

Forum Username: JaggerTheHunter
Game Version: Emerald
Number of Pokemon: 5
Exclude NFEs: Yes
National Dex: No
Restrictions: Different types of Pokémon.
Previous progress: Yes

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
661.png
Update #1
88.png

Team: (Talonflame, Espeon, Mega-Manectric, Relicanth, Garbodor, Muk)
Spoiler:

1) Caught my Fletchling on Route 2, named him The Roc (eventually, you might smell what he has cooking!)
2) Went through all of Santalune Forest, Route 3, and Route 22 to gain XP (since I'm only using The Roc for the time being).
3) Took on Viola's gym and beat her, The Roc attaining level 16.
4) Checked the GTS and found that someone traded me a Grimer for Scatterbug. Can't name it, but it will be my second Pokemon for now.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
Forum Username: eeveeandmew
Game Version: emerald
Exclude NFEs: no
National Dex: no
Restrictions: no more than 2 pokemon that have the same type please(ie wont take 3 fire types on the team)
Previous Progress: no

this will be fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back