• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Random Pokemon Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Team given; (by Superstrength79)
Slaking
Gorebyss
Xatu
Metagross
Machamp

Update: I had to change to Pokémon Emerald Hard Edition, seeing that I don't have to trade my Pokémon there so that they can evolve.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I almost completely forgot I was in this challenge when I was looking at it thinking it looked neat. Anyways I have no real progress report since I wasn't typing down my actions or anything but I beat the challenge.

Montoya the Linoone level 81
Ninetales level 79
Starmie @ Mystic Water level 83
Antoine the Sceptile @ Miracle Seed level 82
Spos2beboy the Cacturne level 76
Candy the Bellossom @ Macho Brace level 77

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
662.png
Update #2
96px-088Grimer.png
96px-310Manectric.png
96px-133Eevee.png

Team: (Talonflame, Espeon, Mega-Manectric, Relicanth, Garbodor, Muk)
The Roc - Fletchinder LVL 31
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Flame Body
Item: Sharp Beak
Moves: Aerial Ace/Roost/Return/Ember

Grimer - LVL 32
Nature: Careful
Ability: Stench
Item: Poison Barb
Moves: Sludge Bomb/Rock Tomb/Mud Bomb/Minimize

Manny - Manectric LVL 27
Nature: Timid
Ability: Lightning Rod
Item: Manectite
Moves: Quick Attack/Thunder Wave/Spark/Thief

Mental - Eevee LVL 30
Ability: Adaptability
Item: Everstone
Moves: Return/Refresh/Swift/Bite

Update:
1) Went through all of the story (and boredom) until I finally made it to Cyllage City.
2) Triggered the Gym Leader event, but went and caught my next two team members from Route 10 before taking on the gym.
3) Caught a male Elektrike (Timid!) and named him Manny. Caught an Eevee and named him Mental (Adamant though... ugh).
4) Took on the gym with Grimer mostly (it would have been suicide to send in The Roc). I had Manny in the lead and switched-in with Grimer for some XP. Tried to fight a Pokemon with Manny, when he hit level 21, but was taken out easily so I stopped trying.
5) Beat the gym and saved the game.
6) Caught a new Eevee, after speaking with Sage about it, and named it Mental. Boxed the other one.
7) Headed up to Geosenge Town and hoping to get Mental to evolve before my game thinks it's night-time :)
8) Beat up Team Flare and the other trainers on Route 10. Wasn't able to get Mental to evolve, so I equipped him with the Everstone.
9) Evolved Manny into Manectric! He still has trouble taking hits though. I am beginning to think he has a low stat for both defenses :(
10) Defeated the trainers on Route 11 before saving in front of Reflection Cave.

Update #3
310-m.png
196.png
663.png
89.png

Team: (Talonflame, Espeon, Mega-Manectric, Relicanth, Garbodor, Muk)
The Roc - Talonflame LVL 37
Ability: Flame Body
Item: Sharp Beak
Moves: Aerial Ace/Roost/Fly/Ember

Muk - LVL 38
Nature: Careful
Ability: Stench
Item: Leftovers
Moves: Poison Jab/Sludge Wave/Dig/Minimize

Manny - Manectric LVL 33
Nature: Timid
Ability: Lightning Rod
Item: Manectite
Moves: Quick Attack/Thunder Wave/Spark/Bite

Mental - Espeon LVL 34
Ability: Synchronize
Item: Metronome
Moves: Grass Knot/Refresh/Swift/Morning Sun

Update:
1) Beat all of the trains in Reflection Cave and went to Pokemon Center.
2) Went through the Tower of Mastery as quickly as possible, then to the gym.
3) Beat Korrina, and her trainers, rather easily. The Roc did a lot of work (especially since he evolved mid-gym), but I used Grimer a bit too.
4) Finished the Tower of Mastery event and finally was able to mega-evolve!
5) Used Mental and Manny to work East toward the next town and defeated the trainers along the way; Finally got Mental to evolve into Espeon. Sadly he doesn't know any STAB attacks. As an Eevee with Swift, Return, and Adaptability, he did a lot more damage.
6) Got to the next gym and went through it - then forgot to save after beating it.
7) Took on the gym the second time, but used Grimer mostly, since I liked the idea of finally evolving him. Grimer with Eviolite had a lot more survivability and took out most of the trainers with Poison Jab. Evolved Grimer into Muk upon beating the gym leader and got the Grass Knot TM!
8) Trained Mental to have Grass Knot, in place of Return, so he can actually have a special attack to go along with Swift (which is still useful).
9) Headed to the Power Plant next :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2017
Forum Username: Koopafan29
Game Version: Emerald
Number of Pokemon: 6
Exclude NFEs: Yes
National Dex: No
Restrictions: none
Previous Progress: No

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Okay so eventually I'm gonna do my Christmas Hack Random, but I just got Emerald and need to familiarize myself more with Hoenn so random team go!

Forum Username:[Supporter]Sage Ghetsis[/Supporter]
Restrictions: None

And since I'm indecisive, choose my gender too, haha.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Okay so eventually I'm gonna do my Christmas Hack Random, but I just got Emerald and need to familiarize myself more with Hoenn so random team go!

Forum Username:[Supporter]Sage Ghetsis[/Supporter]
Restrictions: None

And since I'm indecisive, choose my gender too, haha.

Ok, you get:

Kyogre, Milotic, Masquerain, Ninetales, Seaking, Mawile

And male. Have fun!

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Ok, you get:

Kyogre, Milotic, Masquerain, Ninetales, Seaking, Mawile

And male. Have fun!
Kyogre isn't allowed in this challenge, and also is only post game, so could you please re roll it. I am severely not looking forward to catching a Milotic though -_-

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
Forum Username: Amaura
Game Version: Pearl
Restrictions: N/A
Previous Progress: NOPE

Choose gender for me as well.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
Kyogre isn't allowed in this challenge, and also is only post game, so could you please re roll it. I am severely not looking forward to catching a Milotic though -_-

DERP. Sorry, should have read the rules.

That leaves you with... Cradily!

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
Forum Username: Kirozane
Game Version: White
National Dex: Sure why not :D
Previous Progress: Not that I am aware of.

And pick gender for me too :3

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
Forum Username: Kirozane
Game Version: White
National Dex: Sure why not :D
Previous Progress: Not that I am aware of.

And pick gender for me too :3

YOU SHALL BE MALE!!!

Team is as follows: Lumineon, Politoed, Sawk, Illumise, Girafarig, and Houndoom! Goooood luck >:3

TEAM CONFIRMED NECRUM

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Okay, so from what I have estimated, with a dead battery in my Emerald, meaning it's impossible to grow more berries, it would be EXTREMELY implausible to try and use a Milotic. This has really never occurred to me before in regards to gen 3, and as such I have made a determination that I should add a new exception for Milotic.

Revision: If someone playing a gen 3 game with a dead battery receives a Milotic in their roll, they may ask for the Pokemon to be rerolled.

So, with this in place, I'm gonna ask that someone roll me one more Pokemon to replace the Milotic.

Also I can't get Surskit in Emerald so I need that rerolled as well.

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
Okay, so from what I have estimated, with a dead battery in my Emerald, meaning it's impossible to grow more berries, it would be EXTREMELY implausible to try and use a Milotic. This has really never occurred to me before in regards to gen 3, and as such I have made a determination that I should add a new exception for Milotic.

Revision: If someone playing a gen 3 game with a dead battery receives a Milotic in their roll, they may ask for the Pokemon to be rerolled.

So, with this in place, I'm gonna ask that someone roll me one more Pokemon to replace the Milotic.

Also I can't get Surskit in Emerald so I need that rerolled as well.
I got Regirock for you. Or Heracross if you don't want to wait for Regirock.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I got Regirock for you. Or Heracross if you don't want to wait for Regirock.
I'll go ahead and take both of those since I had 2 Pokemon to reroll. I don't mind adding Regirock late game since I have never actually gone after it in Gen 3.

Okay so I just looked over the team and I can't like get anything until I get Surf, which is REALLY FAR into the game. I need to rethink these rules methinks, lol. tbh I haven't paid as much attention to this thread as I should have so I'm gonna take a little time now to go through what I have in the OP and see about renovating the rules a bit.

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
I'll go ahead and take both of those since I had 2 Pokemon to reroll. I don't mind adding Regirock late game since I have never actually gone after it in Gen 3.

Okay so I just looked over the team and I can't like get anything until I get Surf, which is REALLY FAR into the game. I need to rethink these rules methinks, lol. tbh I haven't paid as much attention to this thread as I should have so I'm gonna take a little time now to go through what I have in the OP and see about renovating the rules a bit.
Can't use HM slaves? That's what normally happens :)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Okay so I can get Goldeen early as it turns out, so I'll be fine.

As for the rules, I did a little maintenance on the rules, mostly in regards to conditions for a re-roll. If anyone else has a very good reason for a re-roll, feel free to share so I can consider it for the rules.

pleryt17

dankness incarnate
Years
Forum Username: pleryt17
Game Version: Black 2 and SoulSilver
National Dex: No, catchable ingame please
Restrictions: Please give me someone that can learn surf earlier on in the game please
Previous Progress: Nope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back