• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Wild Rawren Appeared!

rawren94

A Wild Rawren Appears!
Years
Hello trainers!

My name is Rawren and I am new to this community! I used to haunt the threads as a guest but decided it's time to create a profile and actually participate in things!

A little about me:

* I was introduced to Pokemon when I was a wee babe. My Mom's BFF bought me Pokemon cards and I never looked back. My mom's biggest regret is that she didn't tell her BFF not to give them to me, as I held on to an obsession with Pokemon all the way up until now {XD}

* I love the TCG more than anything. I have been collecting since I was introduced to Pokemon and sometimes dabble in selling the cards as a side hobby.

* Pikachu is my favorite Pokemon (so original I know) and I collect English and Japanese Pikachu cards. Eventually I want to own all Pikachu variants across all languages!

* I have been drawing Fakemon since I was little too. Just doodle here and there of things that should never see the light of day. Hoping to take those ideas and redesign them and create my own game

* If you ever need price checking on TCG or need help identifying cards, I'm your gal. I am a moderator for /r/pkmntcgtrades on reddit and I frequently help people price their items and help them find what they are looking for. Japanese cards are my specialty.

* I have 4 Pokemon cats. Baymax, Kuro, Roxy, and Freyja. They're the closest thing to children I'll ever agree to

* I have a wonderful fiancee who hates my obsession with a flaming passion. Some people just never understand :P Been together in total for 5 years now. Now that our marriage is legal, we're hoping to get married at some point! (I am hella gay btw and Anna Kendrick is my spirit animal)

* I can't whistle

* I have two goals in life: Finally complete my Living Shiny Pokedex, and create a Pokemon Game. Neither of these things will probably ever happen but a girl can dream ^_^

I would love to make some friends! We can bond over our obsession with Pokemon and our sad way of life ♥ Just kidding, we all know we are the superior race.

^^

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey there! Welcome to PC! :D

I think we might be related, because everything you said about the pokemon TCG is pretty much what happened to me too. Except it was my dad and he got me my first holofoil. Haven't looked back since! And I'm glad there are more people dedicated to language diversity in cards! I'm a long time collector but one of my favorite things is collecting cards from languages other than my own (or Japanese). So I respect your commitment to getting all Pikachu cards in every language. I bet you were pretty hyped when the Pikachu World 9 set dropped! I know I was. <333

I'm sure you're going to love the TCG section here. It's a quaint but dedicated group who, like you, know the ins-and-outs of pokemon like no others.

Please feel free to toss out a VM if you want to chat! n_n;

Last edited:

Exothermic

Keeper of the Hammer
Years
Welcome to the forums, rawren94!

Wow, you're an expert on Pokemon TCG which is really cool! I used to collect the cards but I've never actually played the game itself since all the different decks just made things confusing. As for your dreams, well I'm sure you can create a version of a Pokemon game if you dedicate your mind and effort into it! That's what people at the ROM section try to do, after all. :D

Anyways, enjoy your time here and cya around the forums!

Last edited:

rawren94

A Wild Rawren Appears!
Years
To Fairy: Hi there! Nice to see other people start out with pokemon the same way I did! And I definitely love the different languages you can collect cards in! English is honestly the worst language, both truthfully and in Pokemon TCG! The quality of English cards straight from the pack has gone down tremendously, while other languages (esp Japanese) stay pristine even years later! And yes I was hyped when the Pikachu World Set came out! I have every version that released :)

And I def will check out the TCG side of things. I would love to do a rare collector card showcase once I'm able to post links. I'll VM you sometime to chat about things once I have my bearings! Thanks for the warm welcome!

To Archy: Hello! I will def check out the Art Studio Section! Honestly all I do is doodle, I have a hard time finishing my artwork (severe ADD doesn't help with that for sure). One day I may post my own things but for now I'll just gaze in awe at other people's artwork!

And I love the video game side of Pokemon as well. Pokemon Yellow was my favorite growing up. I owned at least one game of every "set" (example: pearl or diamond, ruby or sapphire) My brother always buys the opposite one of me, and we still do that to this day to see who beats the game and completes the dex first haha!

Thanks for the luck!

To Exothermic: Thanks for the welcome! Playing the Pokemon TCG was very easy back in the day, before they started to introduce "EX" and "GX" and "Mega", then it was a pain in the butt to keep up with the Meta and too expensive. After that I just stuck to collecting. Things were so much simpler on all levels when we were younger!

And I am definitely trying to put as much effort as I can into my own game! Trying to decide whether I should use RPGMakerXP and limit the playthrough to PC, or do a ROM Hack that way it's playable through a mobile emulator. Decisions, decisions!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I'm not really sure how to respond correctly on the forums, so I hope I did it right! I still can't post any "links" so I couldn't quote anyone, sorry!

Years
Oh dang nice. I lovelove the TCG but primarily for collecting purposes....except it's hard to stay consistent with collecting, since there are so many cards and it gets pricey ; ; But once I begin collecting merch of one of my favorite Pokémon I'll be sure to get the cards of them also haha. Welcome Rawren, enjoy your time here, you seem very cool n~n

Back