• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 3, 2017
492qorX.png
OWjnJWv.png
G0Pnqay.png
bqN0iMp.png

Hm... not sure why that is happening. Can you enter the other trainer houses? Another one is located in the route between Saffron City and Vermilion City. Try and see if the game freezes upon entering that one as it is most similar to the one located south of Fuschia. The other is located right before Victory Road; you might want to save before entering that one, too. The house works fine for me, although I am not very certain if it was the house I found an issue and fixed it. All the house has is a few move tutors.

You can evolve Gurdurr with the Trade Stone, which is obtainable after the Silph Co events in Saffron City. The merchant who sells this stone is placed right in front of Saffron City's Pokemart.

Let me know what happens.
Unfortunately the house still freezes, do you know which moves exactly were being taught at the Fuchsia City location? I'd really hope Sucker Punch wasn't one of them as I currently have a level 52 Bisharp without sucker punch and im somewhat worried as it's dependant on that move. Also on a side note, are you sure deino is in the cinnabar mansion? because I've also been searching in their for a few hours now and still no encounter lol, however I did run into a trainer with one so I don't really know what to expect at this point. Anyways hack is great so far, just hope to get a few things in check,

EDIT: Found the Deino, at long last :D but with that I also found another bug...false swipe kills instead of leaving 1HP which almost cost me my deino (good thing I save stated).

-Renton

Last edited:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
bsE8s3v.png
GuOd4Wa.png
cBWMvmo.png

5PJENsa.png
3tclKmZ.png

Oh my, that's such a clever replacement for the Onix. I honestly love everything about this hack, it's so smooth and well-polished! The execution and idea is so elegant, I really enjoyed playing too. Good luck!

Wow, thanks! I am glad you found the hack enjoyable. :)

Unfortunately the house still freezes, do you know which moves exactly were being taught at the Fuchsia City location? I'd really hope Sucker Punch wasn't one of them as I currently have a level 52 Bisharp without sucker punch and im somewhat worried as it's dependant on that move. Also on a side note, are you sure deino is in the cinnabar mansion? because I've also been searching in their for a few hours now and still no encounter lol, however I did run into a trainer with one so I don't really know what to expect at this point. Anyways hack is great so far, just hope to get a few things in check,

EDIT: Found the Deino, at long last :D but with that I also found another bug...false swipe kills instead of leaving 1HP which almost cost me my deino (good thing I save stated).

-Renton

I will definitely look into that. Thanks!

Off the top of my head, Volt Switch, Snarl, Hidden Power, Body Slam, Facade, and Toxic. All of the move tutor moves and their tutor's locations are listed in the first post.

For Sucker Punch and other moves that are normally egg moves, see the move reminder in the trainer house before Victory Road. He should be able to teach all fully evolved Pokemon their best egg moves plus some other moves that make them much more useful. If their best egg moves are not in the reminder's list, it is most likely that they learn it at a high level. Since it is a similar house to that of Fuschia's, you might want to save before entering it. You will need the Volcanobadge and Surf to access it.

Last edited:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
PDDyXHx.png

This looks super amazing! I'll definitely try this sometime. xD

Thanks. I suggest waiting for the newer version (2.0) for a better experience.

Have new version ?

It will not be long before I release the next version. The Sevii Island's quest is mostly complete, but I still have the side events to work on in addition to completely new events.

Years
Look what I saw and what I did!!:

The most powerful move of fairy type- Moonblast got 40 PP!!!

One of the birdkeeper (on left of fushia city)takes three physics type pokemon(thats the Final rematch battle)

I had no problem to go to power plant and able to beat virizon,before I beat sabrina.

got Reshiram!(hey it was not suppose to learn heat wave...)

Where is keldeo?

Does Swadloon evoles?Because I lv him 35 to 65,but didnt evolve yet,and also gave him couple of juices,

Hey mystery man,I found a mysterious bug .when i use Ev checker on LANCE ROOM,then something mysterious happens....(You should check it out)

Some trainer does not have same pokemon in rematch battle.

Thats all,I am sorry post these bugs lately and sorry for my bad english.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
No screenshot to show today, but I will share how players will be able to progress with the Sevii Islands as an optional quest during the main one. Note that I may change it a bit once I release the next version.
Spoiler:

That's all for now.

Look what I saw and what I did!!:

The most powerful move of fairy type- Moonblast got 40 PP!!!

One of the birdkeeper (on left of fushia city)takes three physics type pokemon(thats the Final rematch battle)

I had no problem to go to power plant and able to beat virizon,before I beat sabrina.

got Reshiram!(hey it was not suppose to learn heat wave...)

Where is keldeo?

Does Swadloon evoles?Because I lv him 35 to 65,but didnt evolve yet,and also gave him couple of juices,

Hey mystery man,I found a mysterious bug .when i use Ev checker on LANCE ROOM,then something mysterious happens....(You should check it out)

Some trainer does not have same pokemon in rematch battle.

Thats all,I am sorry post these bugs lately and sorry for my bad english.

Fixed Moonblast!

The issues with the VS Seeker rematches have been corrected as well.

I'm still looking into fixing Surf. Hopefully I will have this corrected in the next release.

Reshiram has Heat Wave because I have yet to make its signature moves. It can learn Heat Wave via move tutors in the official games.

Keldeo should be in Unknown Dungeon in the same room you found Reshiram. You will need to have Terrakion, Virizion, and Cobalion in your party in order for the portal to appear.

65? o_O That's the prime reason why I am not very fond of evolution requiring happiness. Just like in the official games, it evolves by maxing its happiness. Try giving it more items, such as berries and vitamins. The juice scripts could have an error, so I would not rely on them yet. I am not very sure if Daisy gives massages in 1.9.4, but in case she does, you should go see her.

Hm... I might have added a level script incorrectly in that room. I'll check it out in a bit.

Rematches should be fixed in the next release. :)

No need to apologize. I greatly appreciate you bringing these bugs to my attention. Most of them should be fixed in the next release. Thank you for the report! :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I just wanna say that this hack is amazing! great job! it might have been said already but if you have flash and cut on one pokemon (watchog) the text becomes glitchy and it takes a second before you can move the menu. no crashes tho

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
So since the Sevii islands are optional, what's going to happen if you say, start the quest after beating the elite four? Will all the trainers be massively underleveled or will they scale to how many badges you have or something? I think it might be a good idea to set levels depending on your badges when you first start the quest stage, just so it's not too easy if you decide to wait.

I think I've already told you, but this looks amazing! Good luck, I'll be sure to play it once it's a bit more complete.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
I just wanna say that this hack is amazing! great job! it might have been said already but if you have flash and cut on one pokemon (watchog) the text becomes glitchy and it takes a second before you can move the menu. no crashes tho

Thank you! No one has reported this issue, so this is definitely new to me. It should be easy to fix.

So since the Sevii islands are optional, what's going to happen if you say, start the quest after beating the elite four? Will all the trainers be massively underleveled or will they scale to how many badges you have or something? I think it might be a good idea to set levels depending on your badges when you first start the quest stage, just so it's not too easy if you decide to wait.

I think I've already told you, but this looks amazing! Good luck, I'll be sure to play it once it's a bit more complete.

Probably not. It shouldn't be too much of an issue; ~1/4 of the trainers will be massively underleveled due to accommodations, the rest will be stronger than they were in Firered because they are intended to be accessed after defeating Sabrina. I am also aiming to make it so battling every trainer will fill the Pokedex with seen Pokemon, similar to DPP, which will also help people locate the Pokemon they want. The trainers in the earlier parts of the Sevii islands quest will serve to fill this part since their low levels justify the usage of not fully evolved Pokemon.

Thank you! That would be ideal. Along with the Sevii Islands, the next release will slightly improve the Kanto quest with a few necessary polishes.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 3, 2017
Hey So I recently finished the game not too long ago after beating the Elite Four and catching most of the legendaries. The other legendaries on the other hand (Kyurem, Zekrom, Reshiram, Victini) I haven't been able to catch because I need to complete the boss facilities. My only issue is trying to locate where these facilities are lol. It's been a great hack so far and I can't wait for the next patch :)

P.S This was the awesome team I used to beat the Elite Four (all lvl 65)
"Dray" the Hydreigon
"Lilium" the Lilligant
"Red Ranger" the Bisharp
"Uvo-San" the Conkeldurr
"Neptune" the Samurrott
and "DAMAGE" the Darmanitan :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 5, 2016
Amazing hack, absolutely amazing. I just have one question: where can I find an Axew? I heard he might appear in the Rock Tunnel, but I haven't found a single one there till now.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023

Hey So I recently finished the game not too long ago after beating the Elite Four and catching most of the legendaries. The other legendaries on the other hand (Kyurem, Zekrom, Reshiram, Victini) I haven't been able to catch because I need to complete the boss facilities. My only issue is trying to locate where these facilities are lol. It's been a great hack so far and I can't wait for the next patch :)

P.S This was the awesome team I used to beat the Elite Four (all lvl 65)
"Dray" the Hydreigon
"Lilium" the Lilligant
"Red Ranger" the Bisharp
"Uvo-San" the Conkeldurr
"Neptune" the Samurrott
and "DAMAGE" the Darmanitan :)

Did Professor Oak give you the Elite Pass? He should have given it to you immediately after clearing the Elite Four, as soon as you spawn in front of your house. If you do have the Elite Pass, see the sailor in front of Vermilion City's port--he will take you to the island containing the battle facility.

Thank you! Very cool team, too! The battle facility should be a decent challenge for them :P

Bisharp's SUCKER PUNCH way too good

Unfortunately, it is very average without it. It is why these moves are learned very late in the game. Still, it is very fun to use it. :P

Amazing hack, absolutely amazing. I just have one question: where can I find an Axew? I heard he might appear in the Rock Tunnel, but I haven't found a single one there till now.

Thank you! Axew are also Game Corner prizes. You will need 2,500 coins in order to buy one.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
O hey MysteryMan.

I enjoy alot this hack because it makes me dicover the entire 5th gen for the first time and this gen is actually very interesting. Strong bugs, new type combinations, GameFreak did good with these pals and you did good implementing them in FireRed.

Already said before? But I found two glitches or oddities.

Here we can't enter in the house because it makes the game freeze.

This piece of speech is about Eevee and Vaporeon and pals that aren't in this game. I bet it's not a big deal.

My team now consists of Eelektrik, Samurott, Cofagrigus, Darmanitan, Scolipede and Krookodile (they're not cute Pokemon :o but sooo damn good).

Also I've encountered an oddity but maybe it's intended : certain Pokeman learn an attack twice at different levels. For instance my Whirlipede/Scolipede with Venoshock.

Edit : I see that in Cinnabar Lab. a man wants to trade a Zoroark for a Snivy. I think it's a bit odd since you don't get Zorua in the wild but in Celadon Masion.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Well, about Eevee...
What you will do with Sylveon? It's a gen VI pokemon so it should be in Sevii Island Quest but it will looks weird without rest of the Eeveelutions...

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years

OK I WENT THROUGH THE LEAGUE ALIVE!!!

My opponent's movesets were true evil, I used about 25 revives to continue. Maybe was I underleveled (61 to 65), it was extreme.

Now I have an Elite Pass and there is already a boat stuck in Vermillion City.

What am I supposed to do? Does it mean the demo ends at this point, waiting for the after-League? ^_^

Last edited:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
add split to Jotho pokemon from Soul sirver

The physical/special split? It's in. :)

O hey MysteryMan.

I enjoy alot this hack because it makes me dicover the entire 5th gen for the first time and this gen is actually very interesting. Strong bugs, new type combinations, GameFreak did good with these pals and you did good implementing them in FireRed.

Already said before? But I found two glitches or oddities.

Here we can't enter in the house because it makes the game freeze.

This piece of speech is about Eevee and Vaporeon and pals that aren't in this game. I bet it's not a big deal.

My team now consists of Eelektrik, Samurott, Cohagrigus, Darmanitan, Scolipede and Krookodile (they're not cute Pokemon :o but sooo damn good).

Also I've encountered an oddity but maybe it's intended : certain Pokeman learn an attack twice at different levels. For instance my Whirlipede/Scolipede with Venoshock.

Edit : I see that in Cinnabar Lab. a man wants to trade a Zoroark for a Snivy. I think it's a bit odd since you don't get Zorua in the wild but in Celadon Masion.

OK I WENT THROUGH THE LEAGUE ALIVE!!!

My opponent's movesets were true evil, I used about 25 revives to continue. Maybe was I underleveled (61 to 65), it was extreme.

Non I have an Elite Pass and there is already a boat stuck in Vermillion City.

What am I supposed to do? Does it mean the demo ends at this point, waiting for the after-League?
10.%20giggle.gif

Thank you!

Hm... the house is very weird. It works perfectly for me. Anyways, since it seems to be a fairly common issue, I have moved everybody from that house to Cape Brink, where the ultimate move tutor was in Firered and a few newer tutors.

Yeah, a minor oversight. I shall get to correcting that very soon, thanks! A good opportunity to mention Unfezant's gender differences.

It's definitely not intended. Not very certain, but I think this happens in the main games due to evolved forms learning moves later. As it can be quite annoying, I will be making efforts to eliminate these redundancies where necessary. EDIT: changed redundant Venoshock to Pin Missile.

Hahah, that was stupid of me. I did do the Cinnabar trades with haste. I will make it so that he no longer requests the Zoroark in the next release.

Heheh, pleased to read that they were pretty challenging. Level 65 would be the ideal level to fight them. They will be slightly tougher in the next release due to the multitude of trainers in the Sevii Islands. The second wave will be right behind the battle facilities in the aspect of difficulty, or that's what is intended to be the case. :P

Have you talked to the sailor right before Vermilion's port? Talking to him with the Elite Pass should prompt him to ask you whether you want to go to the Rush Tower or not.

Thank you for reporting all of the oddities. They shall be fixed in the next release. :P

Well, about Eevee...
What you will do with Sylveon? It's a gen VI pokemon so it should be in Sevii Island Quest but it will looks weird without rest of the Eeveelutions...

It would be weird, so I have decided to include a few Pokemon from the other four generations. Such includes Eevee and its evolutions. Because of the case with Sylveon, Eevee will be the only Pokemon from the other generations to be obtainable before clearing the main game. The others are planned to be obtainable in the post-game events and areas.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
i was hope to find this game with kanto pokemon ...
i like the kanto pokemons with the new moves and items ..
why there's no kanto pokemon lovers ? :')
why all the hackers puts the unova,sinnoh and hoenn starters ? :')

Back