• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Move Editor

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234550

Thread for the patch on the physical/special split for Firered. Btw your attack tool is excellent, I like being able to change the move descriptions.
Ah, thank you.

According to his thread, he's using the second byte of the padding data, so I'll make that one available to edit. I'll also add a macro that'll set that byte to 0 or 1 depending on whether it's physical or special respectively in DP. If you aren't using his physical/special system, it shouldn't affect anything, though that fire/electric error he speaks of is very disheartening.

Btw, there's an error concerning the contest data stuff in the latest version, so that will be fixed in the next as well. As always, backup your rom in case something goes wonky. I'll get around to fixing/implementing the new version as soon as I can...

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2023
Hey FinalZero
I'm willing to try editing at least one of the dummy effects in the game (the ones with an asterisk on it - these effects in fact just do damage [i've tried with a lv.100 Machamp, it did 2 damage to itself with "raises user accuracy by +1", being the BP a.k.a "Power" of attack set up to 0]), is there a way to do it hex-wise? If so, I'd like to see the addresses for the "raises user Speed by +1" and "raises user Accuracy by +1"
I'll try to see how it works, and maybe edit it (as X Speed and X Accuracy has the same effect, but being items).

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Hey FinalZero
I'm willing to try editing at least one of the dummy effects in the game (the ones with an asterisk on it - these effects in fact just do damage [i've tried with a lv.100 Machamp, it did 2 damage to itself with "raises user accuracy by +1", being the BP a.k.a "Power" of attack set up to 0]), is there a way to do it hex-wise? If so, I'd like to see the addresses for the "raises user Speed by +1" and "raises user Accuracy by +1"
I'll try to see how it works, and maybe edit it (as X Speed and X Accuracy has the same effect, but being items).
That'd be neat to do, but I have no idea how to do such a thing; I don't know where the offsets for said effects are. Ask around some other (better) hackers though; they know how to use and read a disassembler better than I do...

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2010
Hi:

I am really interested to use your editor, however I am editing a spanish fire red rom. Could you please add spanish roms compatibility in your editor?

Thanks in advance :)

ksunwoo6

Working on PKMN OI...
Years
Is it possible to make it so that you could add extra moves?
I'm just guessing here, but like the Pokedex, the move data might have extra spaces (such as PokeDex's series of ?????? from johto pokemon to Hoenn pokemon)

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2011
i love this tool!
i used it to make a move that kills the foe in one hit and gives you money like pay day

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2012
I keep getting an error 404 on your download files saying the file does not exist that I'm looking for.

FinalZero

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 13, 2016
Is it possible to make it so that you could add extra moves?
I'm just guessing here, but like the Pokedex, the move data might have extra spaces (such as PokeDex's series of ?????? from johto pokemon to Hoenn pokemon)
It's possible of course, but I don't know how to do it.

I keep getting an error 404 on your download files saying the file does not exist that I'm looking for.
1) I restructured my website, so all the links have probably died. However...
2) If you had bothered to click "Return to the main page.", you would've promptly seen the download that you're looking for, aptly titled "Move Editor".

Just find an external download link.
Overkill.

Anyways, there's an error somewhere regarding editing the contest data. I'm going to fix it soon, and release a fixed version. Stay tuned for the next week or so for a new release.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
Are you still working on that tool? If so, do you plan to add a "description viewer" to see if descriptions fit?

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2014
Please add to your tool compability with new moves. (I'm added new moves by this tutor - showthread.php?t=263479 )

Years
  • Age 53
  • Seen Jan 21, 2015
Is it just me, because the links to download 1.10B are either invalid or missing. Same with 1.02. Granted, maybe the server's iffy today. I'll try tomorrow if I get a chance, but for now it's down.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 8, 2014
Links are still broken. Is there another place I can find this?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 11, 2014
What makes this editor special from others I've used is that it allows one to freely edit a move's description as long as it's within the same number of characters or less.

I have yet to see another move editor have that function.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 18, 2015
I hope it's ok to bump this, but all the links are down and I really wanted to download the sound effects tool. Is it possible that anyone can reupload it?

Back