The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Game Development Pokémon Essentials
Eventing Question Graphic Assistance Making "Show Picture" event Player Specific

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old August 9th, 2018 (1:54 PM).

Hello, I am currently running V 17.2 Pokémon Essentials on my PC. While making a cutscene on my map, I ran into a problem I am confused on how to resolve and was wondering if someone had come across this before. I have 6 players so far you can play as on my project of Essentials and I would like certain pictures to only appear depending on which character you are. This is not referring to the introduction with Oak and I am not looking for a resolution via "Show Choices". I am looking for a script or some other means to make a picture show when a certain player is talking. For example, one of my players you can pick is a boy and the other a girl. I want the picture of the girl to show when she is talking to NPC'S on the map if the player (you) chose her. Vice versa, if players chose the boy, I would want his picture to show when his dialogue is shown while playing the game. I have a feeling it may be a "if" script followed by the "show picture" event, but I have looked on the Essentials page and on Youtube and have not had any luck. If you know how to do this, I would gladly appreciate if you could give me some guidance on how to enable this. Thanks!
    Old August 9th, 2018 (9:14 PM).

You mean this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nfd3klpnAY ?
      The idea is there. Although I never messed up with show picture in essentials yet, so I can't help much around this issue.
      Old September 2nd, 2018 (2:43 PM). Edited September 2nd, 2018 by Poq.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
        I have a feeling it may be a "if" script followed by the "show picture" event
        You're right! When your player chooses their player character, you should be setting a global variable based on that choice which, at the very least, determines which OW sprite they see. You just need to set up your event with a conditional branch which shows a different picture based on what that variable is set to.
        Old September 29th, 2018 (10:27 AM).

Thank you for the help!

Quick Reply