• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Gray Topaz - Version 2 Ready!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 1, 2019
Hi there~ I'm really enjoying this game so far, even though I'm not too far in plot wise. The art style works well, and the in battle sprites being animated is a really nice touch. I do have a question though- did you modify the rate of catching shiny Pokemon? I've caught two so far, and I haven't even gotten to the third town.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 3, 2015
why my doesn't my pokemon appear on battle screen at all ?

but game looks very intersting
thank you

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
I don't see swearing in the OP, so its self censorship, and actually keeping the place clean by warning anyone looking at the game that they are us that there is swearing.
Thank you! I mean I do recall seeing a game in the community that had an R Rating right in the title, so it's no different. I kept the presentation itself perfectly clean.

Hi there~ I'm really enjoying this game so far, even though I'm not too far in plot wise. The art style works well, and the in battle sprites being animated is a really nice touch. I do have a question though- did you modify the rate of catching shiny Pokemon? I've caught two so far, and I haven't even gotten to the third town.
I confess! I doubled the chances of encountering a shiny. I only ran into one during my testing, so you're lucky. Glad you're enjoying it!

why my doesn't my pokemon appear on battle screen at all ?

but game looks very intersting
thank you
Do you have the graphics file? You need to download the original first before the hard edition. Then you overwrite the original files with the ones that are in the hard edition pack. The light version is meant for people who need to update their game quickly without having to download the graphics again. Hopefully that answers your question!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 12, 2023
Any idea why the game simply won't run? Doubleclicking on the executable makes nothing happen. Downloaded from the mega link.

Edit: It worked after I tried extracting a second time. Something might not have worked right the first time.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 24, 2015
where to find Gible..?
plz tell me bcoz it's my fav pokemon ever...........

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
2 Guys blocking the entrance to the 6th Gym. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 22, 2015
why my doesn't my pokemon appear on battle screen????? I download the L and hard don't know what to do I what to play bad it look so cool

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 2, 2015
So, I'm at the steel gym and I'm running a Liligant that I wanted to have giga drain so it missed quiver dance. Where is the move relearner? I have the heart scale from the fisherman but no move relearner in sight. If I can't have it relearn quiver dance before the E4 at the latest I'm going to swap it out for Sneasel/Weavile. TY in advance <3

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 25, 2020
Hey there, I've been playing this for a few days, really loving it, but I have a question or two.
1.) Is there a way to use normal, non-animated sprites instead? (I've noticed a bug with one, Nidoran Female, going invisible at the end of the loop for a second)
2.) Kind of a continuation of the first question, but, I've noticed PC Box lag when moving the cursor on any Pokemon (non in empty spaces) due to having to load the animated sprites)
Don't get me wrong, I really, really love this game and will still play it regardless, I'm just curious if there's already an option I'm missing for non-animated sprites. :)
Great work on the game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 5, 2024
Hello, I've been really enjoying Gray Topaz, but I'm encountering a problem. (And actually made this account to ask about said problem)

I'm in the fighting-type gym, attempting to battle the tennis player girl, with the Riolu, and using Gardevoir. Or, trying to. When I entered the battle, the script says that it's taking too long to load and restarts. But it also saved, so when I try to reload the game I get automatically dragged into battle and it just crashes again. Is there any way to fix this?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 13, 2022
What exactly is the purpose of "Hard Edition" and "Light Edition" links? Difficulty alteration, that's it? Or is it the latest patch?

Pearlone

Beginning Mapper Spriter
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 9, 2017
I'm really enjoying the game! I'm doing a playthrough of it on YT and I'm currently at the Graveyard Tower right before the 5th gym. I'm very interested in the whole Team Annihilation story as well as meeting "mom" at Elite 4.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 21, 2015
When I talk to my Dad to get running shoes he just tells me to rest for the night, AND IT'S INFURIATING.

Hello, I've been really enjoying Gray Topaz, but I'm encountering a problem. (And actually made this account to ask about said problem)

I'm in the fighting-type gym, attempting to battle the tennis player girl, with the Riolu, and using Gardevoir. Or, trying to. When I entered the battle, the script says that it's taking too long to load and restarts. But it also saved, so when I try to reload the game I get automatically dragged into battle and it just crashes again. Is there any way to fix this?

Did you ever get the running shoes, I've gone all the way to the first town with a gym without then, then came back and my Dad told me to rest for the night...

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 5, 2015
A few bug reports:
  • The ability Synchronize on the lead pokemon is supposed to make all encountered wild pokemon have the same nature as that one, and currently it doesn't. (got a jolly syncro ralts and was quite bummed that the riolu I then found with it turned out to be quiet.)
  • Sleep appears to be able to last 4 turns, not completely certain but I think that happened once vs the 1st gym. There is supposed to be a hard cap of 3 turns iirc.
  • The move Struggle Bug does not lower the opponent's s.atk, while it is supposed to 100% of the time.
  • This was a 6th gen change, so maybe its fine if you are just doing 5th gen rules, but if not then grass types should be immune to powders.
...those 3 last ones added up to a much harder 1st gym than it should have been, all my strategies just didn't work, lol. Fighting though sleep took longer than expected, kricketune wasn't debuffing their s.atk to nothing, and turtwig couldn't avoid sleeping -.-
All that said the game is great so far, I hope you keep up with bug fixes as this has real potential if you do!
P.S. An option to control the volume would be nice, though I just just use the system mixer for now.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
Hello, everyone! Just a reminder that most of the questions I've seen asked here can be answered by either using the walkthrough, or reading everything in the first post (Ctrl+F is your friend). Also the bugs I've read are due to RPG Maker being outdated and/or an issue on Pokemon Essentials' end. Sadly I can't fix them even if I wanted to, but I appreciate them being pointed out. ^ ^; (Fyi: Things I can fix include invisible walls, events that crash the game (please do the event twice to confirm that it's actually the event itself and not just a random crash), not getting items that you were supposed to, etc. - Abilities/Crashing from playing too long (or just plan random)/Anything involving complicated code I can't fix.)

Meanwhile I'm not putting in Gen 6 mechanics, and I doubt the person who made the engine I used is going to do that either. Sorry.

Thank you to everyone who's played so far!

Also THANK YOU SO MUCH to the people who are doing Let's Plays of this game. I'm so happy and I'm watching every one of them. ; w;

Edit: Now that I've seen some Let's Plays, I have a few things to say.

•Sorry for the typos. I swear I got all of those, but I wound up missing a couple. But hey, at least it's not consistent! :'D
•Aedus and Spurge are guys. Their hair is just ~fabulous~.
•For some strange reason, I had it set up so a special cinematic would play when fighting key trainers, yet apparently it's not playing in the complied version (since it works fine in the test version). Oh well, not a big deal, but it'd be nice if someone could tell me how to fix that.
•If I do ever have to go and fix anything important, I will drop a note in the beginning telling people to go talk to their dad for the running shoes. I was really expecting people to have the walkthrough on-hand when playing, and even if they didn't I didn't think it would be that easy to miss. Terribly sorry about that!

Anyway, keep playing! :'D

Last edited:
Back