• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fan Clubs & Groups GUIDELINES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

[a id]clubrules1[/a id]Welcome to Fan Clubs & Groups!

giphy.gif

This is a section for all your fandom needs! It's not like Tumblr or anything like that, though. It's a place where you can join in any groups that pertain to any of your interests, and interact with others who have the same exact interests as you are. It's one of the great ways to share the magic of friendship with others, while traveling with the Doctor on the TARDIS searching for Supernaturally ghosts at Buntzen Lake, then later get lost in the walker-infested woods in Georgia, and eventually visiting fine French restaurants discussing social issues that bring the whole community together. In all seriousness, any topic worthy of a club is allowed, as long as it's not Pokemon!

Speaking of Pokemon, if you are looking to create a Pokemon Club, please click here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24

We want Fan Clubs & Groups to be the happiest place on earth, just like Disneyland. Following these guidelines will ensure you a safe and positive experience. Many clubs owners have their own rules for their clubs, but they are not exempt from following the ones below! All Global PokeCommunity rules apply here as well.

Rules for Club Members

~Please stay on topic.
Unless otherwise noted, please don't change the topic all too often. If there's still a discussion going on in a group, don't steer it away and go off topic. However, you may go on ahead and change the topic or start a new discussion if it has died for a day or so, or there was lack of interest in the previous topic.

~Join the club by following the instructions in the Opening Post (OP)
Many clubs in FC&G require a sign-up sheet, or any other form of signing up to become a member of the club. Be sure you read the opening post of the club you are intending to join. If the club asks you to sign using a sign-up form, as well as requiring you to join the discussion, you follow those requirements. If it doesn't have a sign-up form, or anything that asks you to become a member of the club (i.e: Rainbow Connection asks for only a short introduction), then you may either introduce yourself and state the reason why you want to join the club, OR...you can join in the discussion. You may not post in clubs solely for the purpose of answering a specific topic.

NOTE: Club Owners reserve the right to deny admission to the club until they have satisfied the club requirements (if there is any).

~Maintain a positive atmosphere.
At Fan Clubs & Groups, the section is meant to be a safe haven for members who have many interests and would like to fanboy/fangirl all about it, whatever and whenever they want. Please do not join a group solely for the sake of arguing or for hatred. Please don't, because that's just unfair to those who are looking to bring in good discussion about the topic of the group. If you cannot conduct yourself in group such as My Little Pony, or at the LGBT club, then it is best to stay away from them instead of causing a lot of trouble. If you really want to dump your opinions about said topic/subject somewhere, then it's best for you to create a separate thread in another section that fits the subject well. Continuous acts of disrespect are frowned upon, and possibly infractable.

Rules for Club Owners

~This is a moderated section.
What does that mean? Once you submit your club by clicking on "Create Thread", it'll give you a quick message letting you know that your thread is up for approval, and I have to approve it. Most of the time, threads are reviewed and approved the same hour/day I'm online. Other times, it takes up to 24 hours after the club creation to appear on the section's index. If for any reason you do not see your club live, feel free to send me a Visitor or Private message, as it is more likely your club has been denied approval, or I might have forgot whoops lololol

~Does your club exist?
In order to know if a club exists, the best way to find out is by using the search function in the forums. On the right hand corner of the index (below the forum splash), click on "Search". If there is no result, or the club hasn't been active after 30 days, then it is safe to create the club. If you post a club that already exists, it will be denied, and I'll be happy to link you to the existing club for you to join.

See: Club Maintenance: Transfer of Ownership

~No Anti-<whatever> clubs, please.
As mentioned, we want FC&G to be friendly and positive towards other groups and fandoms. Creating a group solely for the purpose of bashing a certain group or fandom (I.e: Doctor Who haters club) is prohibited.

~Member-specific Fan Clubs are not allowed.
Once upon a time in PokeCommunity, this very section allowed members to create member fan clubs to idolize their friends and to appreciate their awesomeness. Unfortunately, a few years ago it was abolished, and no member cannot create another member fan club ever again. The reason behind this removal was because of constant rule breaking and unnecessary spam. It also created favoritism. This abolishment still stands, so try to stay away from creating a club that revolves around a member.

~Try to stay active!
Sometimes life can hit you like an ice cream truck. As club owner you are responsible for your clubs. If you feel that you are no longer interested in running your club, you can simply send me a message so we can work things out. You can either ask your group members if anyone's interested in running your club as a new owner, or you can also ask to lock up your club. If you become inactive for more than one month, or if you get banned from the forums, you will lose ownership of the club, and will be either transferred to a new owner or locked if there is lack of interest within the members.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Conclusion ~ Staff Contact

0wxSE2V.gif

You can post in the Club Helpdesk or contact a member of higher staff for help or if your club hasn't been approved/denied in over 48 hours..

Happy Fan-Clubbing!~

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back