The PokéCommunity Forums The PokéCommunity Archives Fan Clubs & Groups
The Game Grumps Fan Club - WHAT IS THIS?!

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old July 18th, 2014 (10:10 PM). Edited July 18th, 2014 by Heir.
/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY

Nature: Brave
    I wasn't familiar with 1001 spikes, until I saw it on the channel, but it does seem like it gets rage-inducing very fast. That Jordon Vs. Bird 1 on 1 episode was amazing though!

If you have not watched the Jordon Vs Bird episode yet, a tad spolier.
    Spoiler:
    let me just...

pick up

this

GRAPE

over here...
    Old July 18th, 2014 (10:38 PM).
    Hollow.

Nature: Adamant
    Haha I thought that the Jordon vs Bird was just meh. I don't know, it's hard for me to watch those sports-based NES games. Arin just has a lot of difficulty wrapping his head around the concepts of some sports. Although the Tecmo Bowl play through was pretty top, especially with that awesome beginning scene.

Old July 19th, 2014 (7:45 PM).

I tend to enjoy the sports games episodes more than others because they tend to be one-offs. One-offs are my favorite Grumps episodes because the game doesn't drag on and the jokes remain fresh.

But I wasn't a fan of the Jordan v. Bird episode.
      Spoiler:
      Arin dragged on that joke about the grapes for way too long. At first, it was funny, but as the minutes kept going on with him not saying anything else but that, it lost its humor. It also seemed like Dan was getting annoyed by the joke too, but didn't call Arin out on it because that's his personality.
      but a call to bear the burden of a long twilight struggle, year in and year out."
      Old July 19th, 2014 (10:31 PM).
      /EYES SUSPICIOUSLY

I suppose Arin isn't too good at keeping a joke going throughout an episode. When Dan did it with Big Zam it was pretty funny.
        Old July 20th, 2014 (1:35 PM).
        Hollow.

Have to agree with you Astinus on that. I was cringing a little bit everytime I kept hearing him bring it up. One-Offs are hit and miss though in my opinion; sometime's they're good, sometime's they're just downright bad. For instance, that Petz Catz episode of Steam Train was just awful. I guess it all depends on if they're into the game considering the quality of humor seems to go up if they are engaged with the game (like they currently are with Shovel Knight.)
        Old July 21st, 2014 (12:33 PM).
        /EYES SUSPICIOUSLY

There are some occasions when they play a game that is SO bad, it's funny (if Sonic '06 wasn't enough of an example) like the transformers game they played today. That game was HORRIBLE, but their reactions were entertaining.
          Old July 24th, 2014 (10:16 PM).
          Hollow.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Heir View Post
          There are some occasions when they play a game that is SO bad, it's funny (if Sonic '06 wasn't enough of an example) like the transformers game they played today. That game was HORRIBLE, but their reactions were entertaining.
          Indeed they were! I think I'm slowly starting to change my stance on One-Offs; like Astinus stated, I really like how it gives us these brief, rapid successions of jokes that are unique to each episode and won't become stale like some long-plays end up doing. Even though the gameplay for the Transformers video game was absolutely dreadful, they did a funny job coping with the epileptic-indusing flashing screen and making the most out of the controls.

I've recently been rewatching the Super Mario Sunshine series and my god, those were some pretty hilarious episodes. I recommend just rewatching the Bianco Hills episode, because that had me in stitches from laughing so hard.

Old July 27th, 2014 (8:55 AM).
          /EYES SUSPICIOUSLY

Oh my god, I just re watched that episode and it was great! That senile joke was hilarious, as well as the whole "Cloyster Lips" rap! I remember a lot of the Super Mario Sunshine episodes being really funny, especially the episode with the pachinko machine.
            Old July 27th, 2014 (10:17 AM).
            Hollow.

And then Barry just comes out of nowhere and just completes the level on his first shot xD That was a good episode, I completely forgot about that one.

I wish that they would start up another series instead of One-Offs/sports and gameshow based episodes. I want another Super Mario Sunshine-like playthrough, and let Danny play it for once!
            Old July 27th, 2014 (10:32 AM).
            Appyh Ctobero

Nature: Relaxed
            I totally agree. I was really fond of the Super Mario Sunshine playthrough, it's one of my favorites and had a lot of great moments. Another longer playthrough would be awesome.

I'd also be glad if they went back and finished some of their older playthroughs. Secret of Mana, Punch-Out Wii, Dokapon, etc.

I also watch anime sometimes. Just a little.
            Old July 27th, 2014 (10:39 AM). Edited July 27th, 2014 by El Héroe Oscuro.
            Hollow.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by machomuu View Post
            I totally agree. I was really fond of the Super Mario Sunshine playthrough, it's one of my favorites and had a lot of great moments. Another longer playthrough would be awesome.

I'd also be glad if they went back and finished some of their older playthroughs. Secret of Mana, Punch-Out Wii, Dokapon, etc.
            Didn't they finish Punch-Out Wii already? I could have sworn that they did D: Unless of course you're referring to the Champion track where he has to defend the belt, which in that case yeah they should just do that just so we can see Danny face Donkey Kong at the end!

I can't remember what panel I was listening to - maybe something RTX related - but someone actually asked them about Dokapon and the Grumps responded that they might go back to it, so there's still a chance!

ALSO, if anyone wants to watch the Game Grumps Q&A panel at San Diego Comic Con earlier today you can watch it via this link:
            http://www.maker.tv/video/IcyEzGcAHVK6/show/comic-con/series/comic-con
            Old July 31st, 2014 (3:46 PM).
            /EYES SUSPICIOUSLY

Unfortunately, we have to say goodbye to the Shovel Knight series today. It was one of the best Grump series in my opinion, especial because Arin was actually really good at it! I'm pretty excited to see what's up next, hopefully a revisit to Pokemon fire red, or maybe even Secret of Mana?
              Old August 2nd, 2014 (11:21 PM).
              Toxic Terror

Nature: Naughty
              Username: Murkmire
              Favorite Grump: Danny Sexbang
              Favorite Series: Castlevania: Dracula X

I may have some problems with the Grumps some of the time, but they have actually shown me games I've grown to love. <3 That, and Star Bomb was born ebcause of them! Danny is a really cool guy, and I'd party with him ;)
              Old August 4th, 2014 (7:21 PM).
              Hollow.

Wait, what is that? Did Matt finally update the OP with everyone's information??
              Spoiler:

If you have some information missing (like Favorite One-Off for instance) and want me to update it, just let me know!

New topics!
              • What do you think of the current series of games (i.e. Castlevania 2, Sakura Spirit, Super Mario 3D World)
              • What do you think of Ross' response video about animator's being jipped from being paid well? If you haven't seen it, you can view the original video he uploaded here.
              Old August 4th, 2014 (7:34 PM).
              /EYES SUSPICIOUSLY

Super Mario 3D world seems like its going to be a fun ride! I'll be honest, I cannot stand Ross is Sakura Spirit. The voice he puts on got so annoying! Castlevania 2 will probably not last long due to Arin hating it!
                Old August 4th, 2014 (9:29 PM).
                Hollow.

I'm honestly surprised that the series for Sakura Spirit has lasted this long. Considering the way that the other Japanese game they played went (the name is slipping my mind, and I don't really feel like looking it up) I'm surprised they chose such a similar game when it's obvious that the end result and reception is going to be the same.
                Old August 6th, 2014 (7:19 PM).
                /EYES SUSPICIOUSLY

I just checked and it was called Go! Go! Nippon or something. I really did not enjoy that series, but at least Ross is letting up a little on the annoying voices for Sakura Spirit.
                  Old August 6th, 2014 (9:32 PM).
                  Whoa! A horde of Goldfish appeared!

Nature: Quirky
                    Username: GoldfishHorde
                    Favorite Grump: Danny "Sexbang" Avidan
                    Favorite Series: That's a hard one, I really like most of their series, hard to pick just one. How about...Super Mario World? That was a great one, and actually motivated me to beat SMW 100%.

For current series, I haven't watched a terrible lot of Simon's Quest yet, I'm suprised how much love Sakura Spirit is getting, considering that hasn't been any real gameplay yet(if there is any in some kind of form whatsoever), and I'm having a love/hate relationship with 3D World. I like that the Grumps are getting back into their Mario spirit(thought they were going to play SM64 next but whatever), but considering how much of an absolute jerk Arin is being, I'm having a hard time liking it.
                    Old August 7th, 2014 (8:43 PM).
                    /EYES SUSPICIOUSLY

I looked up "Sakura Spirit Speedrun" to see how to long the game was. Found out that the game is pretty much 99% dialogue. In fact, there is only one choice in the entire "game." I was really happy when Dan finally beat Arin in 3D world, and hopefully it will stop being so competitive. I like the cooperative series a lot more!
                      Old August 9th, 2014 (2:23 AM).
                      Drag a needle on the good today

Username: Wobbu
                        Favorite Grump: Dan
                        Favorite Series: King's Quest VI

I recently became a fan, so there are still many series that I haven't watched, but I think the Grumps are hilarious. I tend to enjoy the Steam Train series the most, especially the ones with Dan and Ross. I recently finished the King's Quest VI series and I laughed more from that series than I have from any other series. Dan's and Ross's commentary was excellent haha. Now I'm watching the King's Quest V series :3

I watched Secret of the Magic Crystals, a recent one-off, earlier and
                        Spoiler:
                        I lost it once they purchased the multiplayer DLC. They were the only people online for that whole game lmao and the unicorn race was so weird because it was like they were karts rather than unicorns xD

My Favorite Song
                        Old August 9th, 2014 (8:18 AM).
                        /EYES SUSPICIOUSLY

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Wobbu View Post

I watched Secret of the Magic Crystals, a recent one-off, earlier and
                          Spoiler:
                          I lost it once they purchased the multiplayer DLC. They were the only people online for that whole game lmao and the unicorn race was so weird because it was like they were karts rather than unicorns xD
                          More spoilers if you haven't watched the episode yet.
                          Spoiler:
                          Oh my god, when they left the game to go buy the multi player DLC was so funny. Barry's method of censorship was amazing! I kinda felt like they would consider it a waste money, but suprisingly Ross had a LOT of fun with it.

Also, did you guys catch that the game company Sierra (they made King's Quest and Space Quest and Ross and Danny love them) is making a comeback? Ross posted on the video announcing the comeback, asking for "more adventure games please." Maybe they will make a modern King's Quest/Space Quest and we can see it on Grumps?
                          Old August 9th, 2014 (4:18 PM). Edited August 11th, 2014 by Wobbu.
                          Drag a needle on the good today

Quote:
                            Originally Posted by Heir View Post
                            More spoilers if you haven't watched the episode yet.
                            Spoiler:
                            Oh my god, when they left the game to go buy the multi player DLC was so funny. Barry's method of censorship was amazing! I kinda felt like they would consider it a waste money, but suprisingly Ross had a LOT of fun with it.
                            Secret of the Magic Crystals spoiler:
                            Spoiler:
                            I would still consider it a waste of money haha. It was really entertaining to watch the race but I doubt they'll ever touch that game again. I didn't think they would actually go through with the purchase though, since Dan (I think?) seemed to be getting impatient. Also dat behind the scenes :P

No, I did not catch that; I'll have to look for the video later. A modern Sierra game would be amazing, especially if the Grumps played it.

My Favorite Song
                            Old August 11th, 2014 (9:12 AM).

Nature: Lax
                              How did I not see this sooner?
                              No, really, tell me.

Username: TaichiWind
                              Favorite Grump: Leigh Daniel Avidan
                              Favorite Series: Shovel Knight

I actually haven't been watching the grumps lately, I've been on-and-off checking out the Castlevania series because I want to see Arin rage at it because I know he hates it because I watch Sequelitis five times a day (no i dont). I don't even pay much attention to Steam Train at all actually, aside from one offs like that one Only If game that was super trippy and weird.

I wish they'd go back and get Fire Red done.

In your own Steven-y way.
                              Old August 11th, 2014 (9:29 PM).
                              Hollow.

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by GoldfishHorde View Post
                              Username: GoldfishHorde
                              Favorite Grump: Danny "Sexbang" Avidan
                              Favorite Series: That's a hard one, I really like most of their series, hard to pick just one. How about...Super Mario World? That was a great one, and actually motivated me to beat SMW 100%.
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Wobbu View Post
                              Username: Wobbu
                              Favorite Grump: Dan
                              Favorite Series: King's Quest VI
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by TaichiWind View Post
                              How did I not see this sooner?
                              No, really, tell me.

Username: TaichiWind
                              Favorite Grump: Leigh Daniel Avidan
                              Favorite Series: Shovel Knight
                              Welcome Goldfish Horde, Wobbu, TaichiWind to the club! All your info had been updated into the OP, so I'll just let Barry do all the celebrating from here on out!
                              Spoiler:

I've decided that I'm going to start a new daily bit for this club where I'm going to take a video from the Game Grumps vault and display it here so we can reminisce on some good ol' classic Grump episodes. Today's episode is going to be a blast from the past, as it was one that created such a popular Grump meme - Gundam: Battle Assault 2 - Game Grumps VS!

Old August 11th, 2014 (11:16 PM).

Nature: Lax
                                Oh hey, Big Zam! Probably my favorite one-off. The best part was when Arin totally kicked Dan's butt when they both picked Big Zam.

In your own Steven-y way.

Quick Reply