The PokéCommunity Forums The PokéCommunity Archives Fan Clubs & Groups
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good ~ a Harry Potter fanclub

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old November 28th, 2014 (3:29 AM).
i'm weak
  • EO

Nature: Brave
Bumping this a bit to let you know that this has been approved! Have fun~

Relevant Advertising!

Old November 28th, 2014 (4:41 AM).
the pretender

Nature: Modest
I love you for making this. <3

Username: Aslan
Favourite HP Book/Film: I've rewatched PoA the most but Deathly Hallows was definitely the best book out of the series.
Favourite Character: Remus/Weasley twins
House: Gryffindor

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

- answers all of the current topics -

Spoiler:

Why is _______ your favourite book/film?

I've honestly rewatched PoA the most because while it's not the most thrilling out of the entire series... it's a refreshing movie to say the least. I'll admit that one of the main reasons I find myself flicking back to it more than say the action of Goblet of Fire was that it was the last book where the themes weren't all super dark and mature. Mature yes but still mainly light-hearted and Harry being a kid and all. Also Professor Lupin and the backstory behind Sirius all gets unraveled so it's fun to watch that unfold. + Malfoy in PoA is priceless with his swearing at Buckbeak and puns in DADA. But yeah, mainly the goodness of things falling into the place with more depth about Harry's parents and their friendships etc. I guess in a way, PoA is also one of my favourite books of the series.

I enjoyed Deathly Hallows the most as a book because while I felt like the films were really well done, the books also ended the series with all this action/magical stuff happening. Were there a crap ton of deaths? Yep. But it made the ending more interesting and while we could all see the final fight's end coming, it was still a great read and by far my favourite book. Though I'm still sad that it's the last of such a great series. :(

Why is ____ your favourite character?

I love Remus. ;v; He's a really chill and nice guy with an enjoyable personality. I also admire how he can strive on after losing his closest friends and getting rejected because of his condition as a werewolf. Ultimately, his life was pretty crap especially after the Halloween of '81. He's just a really likable character in general and I've loved him since his debut in PoA. <3

Weasley twins are self explanatory. Everyone loves the Weasley twins.

Favourite spell?

Never stopped to think about it. Probably Accio, was always one I wanted to try for myself. And Ron's fake spell in the first book was pretty amazing as well. :'D

Which class at Hogwarts would be your favourite?

Anything that isn't Divination or History of Magic with Binns, probably. I think I'd enjoy DADA and Magical Creatures the most though. =P

Excuse my wall of text but HP was a really dear series to me and still is. Mischief managed, I guess?
Old November 28th, 2014 (4:13 PM).
almost everyone is offended now

Nature: Quiet
    Username: Blaziken
    Favourite HP Book/Film: Philosopher's Stone :)
    Favourite Character: Harry ^_^.
    House: Slytherin Gryffindor
    Answer a Topic:
    Spoiler:
    Why is _______ your favourite book/film?

Philosopher's Stone is my favourite because the movie is really compared with the book :)
    Old November 29th, 2014 (4:54 PM).
    Spectre Agent

Nature: Serious
    I am certainly going to join this one
    Username: Judge Mandolore Shepard
    Favorite HP Book/Movie: Sorcerer's Stone
    Favorite character: This is a tough one, since I have many favorites, course if I have to choose one, I would have to go with Snape.
    House: Slyterin
    Answer a Topic:
    Which class at Hogwarts would be your favorite: I find myself enjoying Portions since there are very interesting potions made through out the series.

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

OSO STRONG

#TeamPopplio
    Old November 29th, 2014 (8:24 PM).

woo

Username: White Mage
    Favourite HP Book/Film: Goblet of Fire
    Favourite Character(s): Luna Lovegood/Albus Dumbledore/Severus Snape
    House: Ravenclaw
    Answer a Topic:
    Spoiler:
    Why is Goblet of Fire your favourite book/film

I really liked the whole Triwizard Tournament. All the challenges were very interesting, and I loved that GoF still maintained the Hogwarts charm that the previous books/movies had.

Why are Luna, Dumbledore, and Snape your favourite characters?

I love how Luna is always so spacey/eccentric while still being intelligent and perceptive. Those two characteristics always go so well together, in my opinion.
    Dumbledore is a bit of that same mixture. His personality is pure gold. And he's probably the most BA wizard in the series.
    And I personally LOVED Snape's story and development. Loved it.

Favourite Spell?

Eye of rabbit, harp string hum, turn this water into rum Probably Lumos or Sectumsempra. I don't know, I've just always liked those two for some reason.

Which class at hogwarts would be your favourite?

I think I'd like either Potions or Charms the most.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good
    Old November 30th, 2014 (8:20 AM).
    Legit Boss

Username: LilJz
    Favourite HP Book/Film: Goblet of Fire or Deathly Hollows :)
    Favourite Character: Harry Potter
    Answer a Topic: Which class at hogwarts would be your favourite? Defense Against The Dark Arts. Those spells sure do appeal to me :P
    Old November 30th, 2014 (7:52 PM).
    • EO

YES. JOINING. PLEASE.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    Favourite Character: Remus/Weasley twins
    And I love you for loving the twins. <3

Username: Juno
    Favourite HP Book/Film: I'm between Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows for the books, but I'm not sure which is my favorite film. I think I've watched Goblet of Fire the most, so I'll go with that.
    Favourite Character: Weasley twins, as mentioned. c:
    House: Favorite, or belonging? I love Gryffindor to death but I definitely don't have the bravery to actually be in it.

Answer a Topic:

Spoiler:
    Why is _______ your favourite book/film

I loved the Pensieve lessons in Half-Blood Prince. It was so interesting to get to know Voldemort like that, and what contributed to him becoming the person he did. The plot was just very intense and all that, full of action and interesting revelations. And on the more endearing side, Romione happens. :P Love is in the air in HBP.

Deathly Hallows I feel is kind of self-explanatory - it's the epic conclusion to an epic series. So many feels in that one.

Goblet of Fire is so fun. It probably wasn't fun for Harry, but the tasks were fun to watch, especially the one in the lake. I also loved the Yule Ball scenes, so adorable.

Why is _______ your favourite character?

They're the loveable goofs and every line of dialogue they have in the books is just gold, but they're so much more than that. In addition to just loving pranks and jokes, I feel like they understand how important it is to keep your spirits up even when things are going bad, and that's why they keep doing what they do no matter what happens. I think their ability to make people smile and laugh even in the darkest of times is really valuable.

And I just love how close Fred and George are. Makes Fred's death even harder to get over; I think that one hit me the hardest of all the DH deaths.

Favourite Spell?

Cliche answer, but it makes me so happy whenever someone casts a Patronus Charm. I loved that scene in Order of the Phoenix where everyone starts to get it right, and we get to see everyone's Patronuses.

Which class at hogwarts would be your favourite?

Care of Magical Creatures! I have the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them book, and I love it so much. I can't wait for the new film trilogy, it's supposed to be based on that.

aand I solemnly swear I am up to no good. :)

Have you guys seen this, btw? Gives me so many feels every time I watch it. ♥

Old November 30th, 2014 (8:24 PM).
    • EO

Aww, well Pottermore put me in Ravenclaw, so I'll go with that. c:
    Old November 30th, 2014 (8:37 PM).
    • EO

Yup! I don't go on it too much either, but I think you can explore all the books now.
    It also has lots of exclusive short stories that let you learn more about the characters' back stories. I think one of my favorites so far was the one about Professor McGonagall.

Earlier this year there was also a cool "article" written by Rita Skeeter, where she comments on how Harry and the gang have been doing present day and all that. :)
    Old December 1st, 2014 (2:06 AM).
    The Apocalypse :D

Username: Thunder
      Favourite HP Book/Film: Half blood Prince

Favourite Character: Harry Potter
      Answer a Topic:
      My favorite book is proparbly The Half Blood Prince ! I really love the thrill and suspense of it ! Well to say all of the HP films/books were totally beyond words. And its hard as hell to choose a favorite one.. But still I will go with Half Blood Prince. I loved Its plot. And it was little thrilling too. I loved the first book as well. I was a die hard fan of Harry potter franchise! I Used to watch one movie 10 times. haha but now I don't have the films nor the book with me. So I am not actually so much into it these days. But Childhood could never be forgotten !
      Old December 1st, 2014 (10:54 PM).
      the pretender

Oo that's interesting! Most of my friends find HBP the most boring in terms of film which is really disappointing. It's pretty good in its own right but I guess other people think differently. :(

But anyway, I've been diving into some HP fanfiction after seeing this club. Kinda rekindled my interest in reading all the good stuff over the net. Mainly focusing on the Marauder's Era though since I like reading about the 'prequel' to Harry Potter. + younger Remus but SHHHH. Honestly new gen wasn't too interesting but maybe I'll take a look at those fics soon as well. :D

And... I've just rediscovered 30 Hs. Someone save me. ;-;
      Old December 2nd, 2014 (9:52 AM).
      • EO

HBP didn't bore me, I was just a little disappointed by the direction they chose to go with. I felt the Pensieve lessons were arguably the most important part of the book, but they cut a lot of those out (I guess to make room for all the romance that's happening, 'cause that's what a lot of people want to see :P). I dunno, maybe there's just too much stuff going on in that book for them to squish it into two and a half hours. Maybe that should have been a two-parter as well. I'd watch it.

And I still don't understand what was up with the burning Burrow scene, or why that was necessary.
      Old December 2nd, 2014 (10:14 AM).
      Awesome Dragon

Nature: Adamant
      Username: Pewdiepie..... #ObviousSarcasmisObvious
      Favourite HP BOOK/Film: Chamber of Secrets
      Favourite Character: Luna Lovegood
      [B]House[:/B] Ravenclaw or Griffindor.
      Answer a Topic:

Why is _Luna Lovegood______ your favourite character?

Probably because she's so eccentric and interesting. The movies further helped me like her because of her brilliant acting as well as the fact that she had some interesting relationships with the other actors.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.
      Old December 2nd, 2014 (11:00 AM).
      naughty biscotti

Nature: Relaxed
      Username: Kanzler
      Favourite HP Book/Film: Deathly Hallows because finale
      Favourite Character: Snape because insane levels of friendzone and complex emotional turmoil
      House: SLYTHERIN
      Favourite Spell: Riddikulus!
      Old December 9th, 2014 (7:53 AM).
      Spectre Agent

Nature: Serious
      I think that doing Harry Potter spin off films will actually be quite good. Course still got a long wait for the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them trilogy. After looking through that article, it mentioned that it is rumored that Quidditch Through the Ages might be adapted into a movie as well.

OSO STRONG

#TeamPopplio
      Old December 10th, 2014 (2:00 AM).
      almost everyone is offended now

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
        whoop, welcome guys!

What do you guys think about the new Harry Potter spin of films that are gonna happen? 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' sounds interesting, and it's going to be at least a trilogy. http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/jk-rowlings-harry-potter-spinoff-fantastic-beasts-to-be-at-least-a-trilogy-9798338.html
        Sounds good enough! That would be really, really interesting ^_^
        Old December 10th, 2014 (5:24 PM).
        Guide of Darkness

Username: TRIFORCE89
        Favourite HP Book/Film: Prisoner of Azkaban, for both. Book, absolutely. Film, only recently. Rewatching all the movies I think Azkaban has aged pretty well and feels almost standalone.
        Favourite Character: Sirius in the books, Ron in the movies, and I guess Hermione was pretty solid across both. (also, thumbs up for movie Luna)
        House: Officially, as per Pottermore, I am Ravenclaw. Which I guess works, and it's nice to be different and not from the two big ones, but also not all that relatable character-presence-wise.
        Answer a Topic: I don't feel like it

I was listening to the scores from the first three films today
        Old December 10th, 2014 (8:04 PM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by TRIFORCE89 View Post
        I was listening to the scores from the first three films today
        So was I! I often listen to the soundtracks (especially from the first movie) while I'm doing homework or other tasks that need constant attention. John Williams is such an amazing composer. I love pretty much all his work.
        Old December 17th, 2014 (10:12 AM).
        x-kid

Nature: Impish
          Hello! I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Username: Jayce
          Favourite HP Book/Film: Book: Order of the Phoenix. Movie: Deathly Hallows p2
          Favourite Character: Fred. And Angelina Johnson.
          House: Hufflepuff ^^

Why is _______ your favourite book/film? I found the plot of OotP really interesting, I thought Umbridge was a great villain, and all of the guys and gals on the Gryffindor quidditch team (all my favorites, basically) had a bigger role in this one. DH2 was my favorite movie because it was just so well done.

Which class at hogwarts would be your favourite? Maybe Care of Magical Creatures? I want to say History of Magic but it sounded like Binns made it boring.

[ tumblr | goodreads | last.fm ]

I poured my aching heart into a pop song
          I couldn't get the hang of poetry.

Old December 17th, 2014 (12:28 PM).
          the pretender

I think I hated characters like Umbridge or Bellatrix the most. It probably had to do with their personality but yeahh, I'd take the Dark Lord any day. :(

Also guess who got to visit the Platform 9 and 3/4 shop while on holiday in London today! Was torn between getting a replica of the map or a scarf but decided that the latter was easier to make. So I got myself a Marauder's Map + some every flavour beans which I have yet to try.

Judging from the packet though, it looks like I'm in for a fun ride. I can already spot a couple of earwaxs, soap, dirt and grass. :D
          Old December 17th, 2014 (12:36 PM).
          x-kid

Nature: Impish
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
            finally, a hufflepuff! haha.

In regards to Umbridge, I hated her more than Voldemort to be honest. There's something about her I find far more terrifying.
            badger pride!

Oh yeah, I agree. I'm not sure why she's so much more frightening than Voldemort, it may have been that she was abusing children specifically or just that her character feels more real, but she really is. She's one of my favorite villains in literature.
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
            I think I hated characters like Umbridge or Bellatrix the most. It probably had to do with their personality but yeahh, I'd take the Dark Lord any day. :(

Also guess who got to visit the Platform 9 and 3/4 shop while on holiday in London today! Was torn between getting a replica of the map or a scarf but decided that the latter was easier to make. So I got myself a Marauder's Map + some every flavour beans which I have yet to try.

Judging from the packet though, it looks like I'm in for a fun ride. I can already spot a couple of earwaxs, soap, dirt and grass. :D
            That's so cool, I didn't even realize there was a shop set up on 9 & 3/4. ^^

[ tumblr | goodreads | last.fm ]

I poured my aching heart into a pop song
            I couldn't get the hang of poetry.

Old December 25th, 2014 (9:26 AM).
            Rest in Peace Iwata.

i wouid like to sign up

Username: BlackMagicMaster
              Favourite book/movie: Order of the Phoenix and Philosopher's stone, respectively
              Favourite character: a tie between Luna Lovegood and Bellatrix LeStrange
              House: Ravenclaw

What class do you think would be your favourite? i think charms or potions would be fun to try.

I solemnly swear i am up to no good

Quick Reply