The Pok├ęCommunity Forums The Pok├ęCommunity Archives Fan Clubs & Groups
­čÄä Club Holly Jolly

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old December 1st, 2014 (7:06 PM). Edited December 25th, 2014 by Meganium.
i'm weak
  • EO

Nature: Brave

Club Holly Jolly
Hosted by: Axeliira

Introduction

HO HO HO. MEEEEEEEERY CHRISTMAS. Yeeeeah IÔÇÖm not a good Santa impersonator, however, IÔÇÖm back here as a bouncer for this lovely new club that has opened on the corner of Santa Clause Lane and Frosty Street. Welcome to Club Holly Jolly, the merriest club of all PokeCommunity, also FC&GÔÇÖs first Christmas event. This club is much similar to Club Nightmare, same environment, same building, just that the Halloween d├ęcor was taken down to make room for the holiday d├ęcor. ANYWAYS, enough of that blabbering about the building history and stuffs, Club Holly Jolly is open from December 1 to the 25th. Talk about upcoming Holiday plans, Christmas traditions, Christmas movies, Christmas music, and so much more.

If you donÔÇÖt celebrate Christmas, but rather you celebrate Kwanzaa or Hannukah, you are more than welcome to join as well! We welcome discussions that pertain to those holidays as well. We do not discriminate!

As a member of Club Holly Jolly, active participation will grant you this sparkling emblem!

You go down in historyÔÇŽ
ÔÇŽClub Holly JollyÔÇÖs history, of course! Thanks for participating, and Happy Holidays!

Club Rules:

´┐Ż´┐Ż´┐Ż´┐Ż´┐Ż´┐Ż All PokeCommunity Global rules, as well as Fan Clubs & Groups rules apply here. Don't go too crazy.
´┐Ż´┐Ż´┐Ż´┐Ż´┐Ż´┐Ż The club is "anything goes", meaning topics & discussions will vary, as long as it's about Christmas and anything revolving the subject. Please don't go off the "Christmas/Holiday" topic.
´┐Ż´┐Ż´┐Ż´┐Ż´┐Ż´┐Ż Respect is a must!
´┐Ż´┐Ż´┐Ż´┐Ż´┐Ż´┐Ż Have fun!~

Sign-Up!

There is no sign-up sheet required. All you need to do is to post this image anywhere and keep up with the discussion. :D

Participants!
Yet Another Logical Nerd
Leijon
Psylocke
Juno
Pendraflare
Sonata

Aslan
IndianCharizard#
El Heroe Oscuro
Lexa
Anna
Hikamaru

Adventure
Tsutarja

BakingBluePotatoe
The Fangirl
H.A.N.
ÔŁĄHitomiÔŁĄ
Peitharchia
Zeria
epicassassin1811
Bruce Banner

Relevant Advertising!

Old December 1st, 2014 (7:37 PM).
A Very Big Altaria Fan

This sounds pretty cool! But what do you guys plan on doing for the holidays? Frankly I really won't be doing much besides getting in the holiday spirit :) But I'll definitely decorate a tree like this:

Avatar Request OR Banner Request
    Previously, Logical Cabbage
    RP Participation
    Begin Again#Return of the Titans#Pokemon Earth and Sky#Outbreak
    Old December 1st, 2014 (7:39 PM).
    grassium Z

Nature: Sassy
    So yeah guys! Merry Christmas I guess! It's like 23 days before Christmas in my time now and we just put up our Christmas Tree in our home haha :3

Tbh in my country like, the Christmas season started like last September and we are pretty much used to it haha :P Kinda irritating tbh since gdi, its too early but hey, it's the christmas spirit! Have you guys did your Christmas decor yet?

"OK, Salzorrah! Grab the Thick Club and the Rare Bone and pound it all to a pulp!"
    "Smack it! Crush it! Grind it! Turn it to goo!"

The Underground ÔŚĆ SMT on Facebook
    Trainer Tournament
    Old December 1st, 2014 (7:59 PM).
    • EO

I actually haven't decorated a tree in years, we moved several times so our tree (and all the ornaments) has been in storage for quite some time. :< I think my dad wants to throw a Christmas party this year though, and if he does he has to bring the tree back, 'cause you can't have a Christmas party without a Christmas tree.

On the topic of Christmas decorations, I kinda want to get this and hang it on my door. It's so cute. ÔÖą

Anyone start Christmas shopping yet?
    Old December 1st, 2014 (8:40 PM).
    Not Suitable For All Ages

Nature: Naughty
    Haven't decorated a tree since my parents divorced 3 years ago. Plans for this holiday though will be the same as every year, christmas eve with my dad's family and christmas day with my mom's. Then the day after christmas I have to help my dad move out.

Merry Christmas.
    Old December 1st, 2014 (11:02 PM).
    the pretender

Nature: Modest

We celebrate Christmas every year with the presents, feast and getting together as a family! We also usually pull out the tree and decorate it with things we've made when we were 5 or 6 and a few christmas ornaments from different stores.

This year's Christmas is gonna be different though. I believe we'll be celebrating Christmas in either London, Paris or Italy depending on where we are in our Europe tour. It's gonna be pretty exciting for all of us. :) Hopefully it'll be snowing as well since I've never seen it snow nor built a snowman or any of the other stuff people do around this time. And I've never celebrated a Winter Christmas either which sounds unbelievable as it does to you as it does to me. XD

Anyway yeah! Merry Christmas to you guys even though it's ages away. I'm looking forward to it already. <3
    Old December 2nd, 2014 (1:28 AM).
    The Storm of Friendship

I wanna join , I like Christmas and winters
      Old December 2nd, 2014 (6:10 AM).
      i'm weak
      • EO

Welcome everyone! I'll edit the list asap <3

I always spend Christmastime with my mom's side of the family, but this year I'm spending it at home instead because of family issues and such. I don't mind it, I guess it's less food to make. I really love that Christmas has the spirit of giving. Like Aslan, I haven't really experienced a white Christmas myself..being a California gal and all...and maybe in the future I'll have one. It's on my bucket list haha.

Any traditions you guys may have that like to share?
      Old December 2nd, 2014 (10:00 AM).
      A Very Big Altaria Fan

A tradition I have for Christmas is to drink hot coco every other day til the 24. On the 25 we exchange chocolate to eat.

Avatar Request OR Banner Request
        Previously, Logical Cabbage
        RP Participation
        Begin Again#Return of the Titans#Pokemon Earth and Sky#Outbreak
        Old December 2nd, 2014 (10:02 AM).

Nature: Quiet
        I think i'll join this club, why not. (:

Anyway, for our Christmas tradition we spend time at home, and we have our nana (from my mother's side) over. The past two years we hosted Christmas Eve parties at our house, and the day after Christmas we go to our grandparents' house to see our cousins.
        Old December 3rd, 2014 (8:38 AM).
        Hollow.

Nature: Adamant

Because my family is pretty damn Italian, we host an event called Feast of the Seven Fishes. It's essentially exactly as it sounds, where each member of our family brings a different fish item for Christmas Eve and basically we all chow down on some Italian delicacies. Even though what my Dad makes has more of an "American-flair" to it, he makes these shrimp that are fried with batter; combine it with a little salt and dear god, it's one of the most delicious things in the world.
        Old December 3rd, 2014 (3:24 PM). Edited December 3rd, 2014 by Meganium.
        My maturity level depends on who I'm with. ;D

Nature: Jolly
          I'd love to join but I can't seem to add images to my post.

I keep receiving an error message. I don't have any smilies in my post.
          Anything I can do to try and resolve this problem? ):

Axeliira edit:

Old December 3rd, 2014 (3:51 PM).
          i'm weak
          • EO

Mine is pretty dang Mexican. Like, we would have our Tamales ready two days before Christmas, and then there's the special hot fruit punch ("ponche" as most of us would refer to), and there's also the awesome "let's stay up till midnight" tradition. When I was little, me and my cousins would go to bed really early (like around 9 pm), and the grown-ups would ring the jingle bells and tell us that Santa has arrived. We always open our presents at midnight and not Christmas morning. xD

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lexa View Post
          I'd love to join but I can't seem to add images to my post.

I keep receiving an error message. I don't have any smilies in my post.
          Anything I can do to try and resolve this problem? ):
          That's understandable since you are new. I'll go ahead and add one into your post. :)

Welcome to PC, and welcome to the club! :D
          Old December 3rd, 2014 (8:01 PM).
          see you good kids on the other side

ahaha now that i'm an adult there are no traditions... it used to be that, since my parents have been divorced forever, we'd spend christmas eve and morning with mom and open all our presents from her side of the family, then go meet dad. when my brother and i were really young we'd all go to grandma & grandpa's for lunch and dinner, but since my dad remarried everyone came to the conclusion that it was easier to not corral my stepbrothers and instead my grandparents and uncle went to dad's. tbh our actual big family thing is thanksgiving rather than christmas.

this year i am truly an adult and have to work every day besides christmas day. yaaaaaaay. also nobody is within day driving range this year so whatever?
            Old December 3rd, 2014 (11:47 PM).
            My maturity level depends on who I'm with. ;D

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Axeliira View Post
              That's understandable since you are new. I'll go ahead and add one into your post. :)

Welcome to PC, and welcome to the club! :D
              Teehee, you're the bestestestestttt!
              Old December 4th, 2014 (12:55 AM).
              high as hope

Nature: Quirky
              I guess it wouldn't hurt giving this a shot... besides well, the holiday spirit is always fun. So yeah, I'm definitely in and with the obligatory Christmas tree!

My last few Christmases weren't that very jolly to be honest, we didn't even bother with decorations lately because we are just too damn busy and given that Christmas here is celebrated in the summer there's that annoying heat to deal with. But the cool thing is that Australians love to celebrate in a unique way, to fit in with the hot climate.

In past years I never really had a tradition, it was just hanging decorations up and having a typical Christmas meal on the big day.
              Old December 4th, 2014 (2:23 AM). Edited December 4th, 2014 by Meganium.
              press start to play_

Nature: Naive
              I want to join in! But I'll post the image some other time, because I'm on my phone and ugh :( that okay?

Sadly, my Christmases have been going worse and worse. It's probably because I'm not a kid anymore and don't get many presents.

Axeliira edit:

Old December 4th, 2014 (3:55 AM).

I don't get as many actual presents anymore but I do get more clothes and christmas cards filled with money, both of which are highly appreciated. Used to I'd get like one or two small things from each family member, but it's much better this way.
              Old December 4th, 2014 (9:49 AM).
              high as hope

Nature: Quirky
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Adventure View Post
              Sadly, my Christmases have been going worse and worse. It's probably because I'm not a kid anymore and don't get many presents.
              I feel the same way as you, in fact if I remember the only presents I got last Christmas were just my Pokemon X & Y games. I usually only get the newest Pokemon games for Christmas only if the release date is after my birthday, and Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire will be the third time in a row I've settled for Christmas instead of my birthday in terms of getting them.

However I do feel weird every time I ask my mother to get the games, because she thinks Pokemon is for kids and I'm in my early 20's. Expect my Christmas to be boring again since I don't bother with the decorations these days hahahaha.
              Old December 4th, 2014 (11:45 AM).
              i'm weak
              • EO

You know that sometimes Christmas is not all about the presents and such...at least for me. It's all about getting together with your family, and reminiscing all the moments that this year has brought us. Usually I don't like asking my loved ones what I want for Christmas. I did when I was little, but now as a grown-up..not so much. :p

It's overwhelming when you feel forced to buy presents for peeps, but trust me...you will feel better in the end. :)
              Old December 4th, 2014 (2:27 PM). Edited December 4th, 2014 by Nagi.

Nature: Modest
              in my country, Sinterklaas (St Nicholas, december 5; tomorrow!) is the children's holiday where everyone gets presents, so Christmas has never been like that for me. i guess my Christmases have been more like what would be Thanksgiving in the US; i meet with my entire dad's side of the family on Christmas Day, which is about 20 people in total, and we all have like a 5-course dinner together and catch up. my mom's side of the family we used to visit on Boxing Day, but nowadays oftentimes we can't get the whole family together so we just meet up sometime later.

-
              i'm so t i r e d

Old December 4th, 2014 (3:14 PM).
              see you good kids on the other side

You know, I'm actually at the age where I'm supposed to start buying Christmas presents for my family and friends and like... wow that's actually really hard? Mainly for the adults. I don't know what adults like. I am not a true adult.
                Like, I can get my brothers Minecraft paraphernalia and they'll be happy. My other friends like Doctor Who and Rooster Teeth. Easy. But the adults? They don't like "stuff". They are practical and want things they can use idk. And it's awkward if you get it wrong.
                Old December 4th, 2014 (8:09 PM).

Nature: Quiet
                I feel the same way, personally - it's not that I don't want to buy Christmas presents for others, I just have a hard time thinking of what to get them.

And this Saturday we're going to a party that some of the friends of our parents host annually, and we get more than a few visitors we don't see often. On another note I do like seeing lights everywhere across the roads near our house. (:
                Old December 4th, 2014 (8:13 PM).

I actually want to Christmas shop for my friends and family this year, but I am horrible with gift ideas, and I have no money to spend either. >_>

Also, my parents decorated the house in full this year, yay! Last year, they only put up a tree and that was it.

Old December 4th, 2014 (8:16 PM).

I always have the darndest time thinking of what to get my parents. Friends and younger family members are so much easier.

Quick Reply