The PokéCommunity Forums Community Square Feedback & Support
Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Feedback & Support All things related to PokéCommunity, from feedback and ideas to support and questions.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1876    
Old October 1st, 2014 (7:03 AM).
El Héroe Oscuro's Avatar
El Héroe Oscuro El Héroe Oscuro is online now
Hollow.
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 7,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
The reason your gif isn't showing up is because PC doesn't support external hosting of avatars. Also, the avatar itself is well beyond the limits available to you, since your avatar limit is only 130x130px. Any size larger, and PC would resize the image automatically and take away the animation. Unfortunately, the only way for the animation to be left in tact on the gif would be to resize it so that it's within the given limits for you.
Aren't site's like, Imgur, "external hosts" to PC though? Just asking cause I use Imgur all the time for my avatars and it works just fine.
__________________
  #1877    
Old October 1st, 2014 (7:49 AM).
Tsutarja's Avatar
Tsutarja Tsutarja is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tampa, Florida
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 23,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Héroe Oscuro View Post
Aren't site's like, Imgur, "external hosts" to PC though? Just asking cause I use Imgur all the time for my avatars and it works just fine.
Yes, those are. However, once you link the avatar to PC, what you see set as your avatar is hosted on PC.
__________________
  #1878    
Old October 1st, 2014 (7:56 AM).
El Héroe Oscuro's Avatar
El Héroe Oscuro El Héroe Oscuro is online now
Hollow.
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Posts: 7,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
Yes, those are. However, once you link the avatar to PC, what you see set as your avatar is hosted on PC.
Gotcha. I don't think that's the issue though with GIF avatars. I think it's more, like you said, the fact that it downsizes the GIF to fit your username rank set dimensions and thus breaks the GIF in the process. I don't believe it really has anything to do with the external site hosting (although what the heck do I know haha.)
__________________
  #1879    
Old October 1st, 2014 (1:52 PM).
JustAnotherIllusion's Avatar
JustAnotherIllusion JustAnotherIllusion is offline
     
    Join Date: Feb 2014
    Age: 28
    Gender: Female
    Nature: Quirky
    Posts: 291
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
    Externally hosted means it's not hosted on PC's server, but rather just the link that the image originates from. If you want to use either of these, I resized them so that they would fit.



    Aw, thank you! I still don't think I quite get the mechanics of it lol but thank you!
    __________________
    http://i0.wp.com/lolzombie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/tumblr_ln6t06S4Vo1qlesp6o1_500.gif?resize=500%2C196
    Name: Vivillon
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    FC: 0662 4546 0483 Trade Review Thread here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=329442
      #1880    
    Old October 6th, 2014 (4:09 AM). Edited October 6th, 2014 by Sverige.
    Sverige's Avatar
    Sverige Sverige is offline
    #justiceforbionic 11.11.13
       
      Join Date: Sep 2010
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 516
      Does anybody know why this is happening? It's only happening in one browser (Opera 21) but I can't find a way to fix it.

      I don't want to have to use another browser but if there's not a fix then I guess I will have to
      __________________
        #1881    
      Old October 6th, 2014 (4:28 AM).
      Tsutarja's Avatar
      Tsutarja Tsutarja is offline
       
      Join Date: Mar 2010
      Location: Tampa, Florida
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Jolly
      Posts: 23,204
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Sverige View Post
      Does anybody know why this is happening? It's only happening in one browser (Opera 21) but I can't find a way to fix it.

      I don't want to have to use another browser but if there's not a fix then I guess I will have to
      Have you tried changing styles with our Style Selector and seeing if the problem goes away? If it doesn't, then unfortunately the only other solution is to change browsers I'm afraid. :/

      Each browser handles CSS code differently, and there could be something in that CSS that's incompatible with how Opera handles CSS.
      __________________
        #1882    
      Old October 6th, 2014 (6:37 AM).
      Sverige's Avatar
      Sverige Sverige is offline
      #justiceforbionic 11.11.13
         
        Join Date: Sep 2010
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 516
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Tsutarja View Post
        Have you tried changing styles with our Style Selector and seeing if the problem goes away? If it doesn't, then unfortunately the only other solution is to change browsers I'm afraid. :/

        Each browser handles CSS code differently, and there could be something in that CSS that's incompatible with how Opera handles CSS.
        Tried a few other styles, and it doesn't work, so it must just be Opera 21. It works with normal Opera though, so I'll use that. :p Thanks!
        __________________
          #1883    
        Old October 7th, 2014 (9:50 AM).
        Alfieri's Avatar
        Alfieri Alfieri is offline
        aka Ronnie
         
        Join Date: Mar 2014
        Location: New York City
        Age: 23
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Calm
        Posts: 2,849
        I checked the community rules but I'm just wondering why the age restriction for users is 13 years of age?
        __________________
          #1884    
        Old October 7th, 2014 (10:04 AM).
        Omicron's Avatar
        Omicron Omicron is offline
        the day was mine
         
        Join Date: Mar 2010
        Location: Alternia
        Posts: 4,384
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Alfieri View Post
        I checked the community rules but I'm just wondering why the age restriction for users is 13 years of age?
        Because of the COPPA law. You can read more about it at www.coppa.org.
        __________________

        and i will love to see that day
        that day is mine
        when she will marry me outside with the willow trees

          #1885    
        Old October 7th, 2014 (11:02 PM).
        Bigjon357's Avatar
        Bigjon357 Bigjon357 is offline
        https://discord.gg/HAXrq78
           
          Join Date: Oct 2014
          Location: Port huron michigan
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Quiet
          Posts: 33
          I would like to know how i post a blog? Ive looked for the button for making a new blog but i do not see any where or how would i do this? Please pm me the answer
          __________________
          Checkout my discord server for Pokemon battling and trading!!https://discord.gg/HAXrq78
          My friend code for my 3ds is :4098-7054-7111
            #1886    
          Old October 7th, 2014 (11:15 PM).
          Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
           
          Join Date: Mar 2011
          Location: Australia
          Age: 26
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Quirky
          Posts: 50,252
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Bigjon357 View Post
          I would like to know how i post a blog? Ive looked for the button for making a new blog but i do not see any where or how would i do this? Please pm me the answer
          I can answer for you!

          Here's the requirements to be able to use blogs:
          • Become a PC staff or battle server staff
          • Achieve a total postcount of 2,000
          • Donate to a Gold Tier supporter or higher
          __________________
          Gone forever for personal reasons.
          Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

          http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/
            #1887    
          Old October 7th, 2014 (11:39 PM).
          Bigjon357's Avatar
          Bigjon357 Bigjon357 is offline
          https://discord.gg/HAXrq78
             
            Join Date: Oct 2014
            Location: Port huron michigan
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Quiet
            Posts: 33
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Hikamaru View Post
            I can answer for you!

            Here's the requirements to be able to use blogs:
            • Become a PC staff or battle server staff
            • Achieve a total postcount of 2,000
            • Donate to a Gold Tier supporter or higher
            Thank you question answered!
            __________________
            Checkout my discord server for Pokemon battling and trading!!https://discord.gg/HAXrq78
            My friend code for my 3ds is :4098-7054-7111
              #1888    
            Old October 14th, 2014 (5:02 AM).
            AresXXIV AresXXIV is offline
               
              Join Date: Oct 2014
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 3
              Where do I post a rom hack
                #1889    
              Old October 14th, 2014 (5:05 AM).
              Nah's Avatar
              Nah Nah is online now
               
              Join Date: Nov 2013
              Age: 26
              Gender: Female
              Posts: 12,810
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by AresXXIV View Post
              Where do I post a rom hack
              You would post a ROM Hack in the ROM Hack section. Probably in the Hacks Studio if you want to show people your hack.
              __________________
              Nah ンン
              “No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."
                #1890    
              Old October 14th, 2014 (5:06 AM).
              Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
               
              Join Date: Mar 2011
              Location: Australia
              Age: 26
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Quirky
              Posts: 50,252
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by AresXXIV View Post
              Where do I post a rom hack
              As in posting your finished hacks? Those go in the Hack Studio in the ROM Hacking boards, or if it's still in production it goes in Progressive Hacks. If you need any assistance regarding the ROM Hacking board you can also contact any of the board's resident mods: karatekid552, DrFuji, hashtag or Christos.
              __________________
              Gone forever for personal reasons.
              Visit my Tumblr page if you wish to contact me.

              http://daikenkki.tumblr.com/
                #1891    
              Old October 14th, 2014 (5:07 AM).
              AresXXIV AresXXIV is offline
                 
                Join Date: Oct 2014
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 3
                I find having to post 15 times very annoying if you want to start a thread I don't care about any of this blog forums crap I just want to post my rom hack so you people can play it is that so much to ask now I'm running around all these threads posting pointless cap to get 15
                  #1892    
                Old October 14th, 2014 (5:11 AM).
                Nah's Avatar
                Nah Nah is online now
                 
                Join Date: Nov 2013
                Age: 26
                Gender: Female
                Posts: 12,810
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by AresXXIV View Post
                I find having to post 15 times very annoying if you want to start a thread I don't care about any of this blog forums crap I just want to post my rom hack so you people can play it is that so much to ask now I'm running around all these threads posting pointless cap to get 15
                15 posts is just so you can post links. And it's like that for a reason. The ROM Hack section does have all new threads undergo moderator inspection before being visible to the public btw.

                Also, don't just spam posts to get a 15 post post count.
                __________________
                Nah ンン
                “No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."
                  #1893    
                Old October 14th, 2014 (1:54 PM).
                Alfieri's Avatar
                Alfieri Alfieri is offline
                aka Ronnie
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2014
                Location: New York City
                Age: 23
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Calm
                Posts: 2,849
                What do you put in the claims section of your profile?
                __________________
                  #1894    
                Old October 14th, 2014 (2:06 PM).
                Astinus's Avatar
                Astinus Astinus is offline
                   
                  Join Date: May 2006
                  Age: 31
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 10,107
                  In various sections, there are "claim threads" where you can claim Pokemon/video games/video game characters/others that I might have missed. We added the sections on the member profile for people to list their claims instead of having them all listed in a signature.
                    #1895    
                  Old October 15th, 2014 (4:09 PM).
                  Xander Olivieri's Avatar
                  Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Jun 2010
                    Gender: Other
                    Nature: Hasty
                    Posts: 5,601
                    Are we not doing name changes right now?
                    __________________
                      #1896    
                    Old October 15th, 2014 (4:15 PM).
                    Nah's Avatar
                    Nah Nah is online now
                     
                    Join Date: Nov 2013
                    Age: 26
                    Gender: Female
                    Posts: 12,810
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Khrysta View Post
                    Are we not doing name changes right now?
                    There was a change recently where they made it so people can only request a name change during certain times. Next time everyone's allowed to change names is in January, iirc. They changed it so the admins don't have to deal with a never ending stream of name change requests and can just deal with them all at once.
                    __________________
                    Nah ンン
                    “No, I... I have to be strong. Everyone expects me to."
                      #1897    
                    Old October 15th, 2014 (4:20 PM).
                    Xander Olivieri's Avatar
                    Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Jun 2010
                      Gender: Other
                      Nature: Hasty
                      Posts: 5,601
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Zekrom View Post
                      There was a change recently where they made it so people can only request a name change during certain times. Next time everyone's allowed to change names is in January, iirc. They changed it so the admins don't have to deal with a never ending stream of name change requests and can just deal with them all at once.
                      That sucks. Don't want to wait that long with the same name, tired of the one I'm using now. Guess I'll try to come back in January.
                        #1898    
                      Old October 16th, 2014 (12:24 PM).
                      Adventure's Avatar
                      Adventure Adventure is online now
                      press start to play_
                       
                      Join Date: Nov 2007
                      Location: T.A.R.D.I.S.
                      Nature: Naive
                      Posts: 30,990
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Khrysta View Post
                      That sucks. Don't want to wait that long with the same name, tired of the one I'm using now. Guess I'll try to come back in January.
                      Or you can use an alternate account until then? :3 Unless the name you want is taken long time ago by a 0-poster of course.
                        #1899    
                      Old October 17th, 2014 (6:31 AM).
                      Belldandy's Avatar
                      Belldandy Belldandy is offline
                      Ice-Type Fanatic
                       
                      Join Date: May 2013
                      Location: Ottawa, Ontario
                      Age: 26
                      Gender: Female
                      Nature: Timid
                      Posts: 3,980
                      My birthday doesn't appear at the bottom of the forum board, but I have it entered in my profile :( I sent in a request via the calendar to a moderator to manually add my birthday in there. Not sure if that was what was supposed to be done? I thought birthdays were automatic.
                      __________________
                        #1900    
                      Old October 17th, 2014 (6:35 AM).
                      Tsutarja's Avatar
                      Tsutarja Tsutarja is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Mar 2010
                      Location: Tampa, Florida
                      Age: 23
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Jolly
                      Posts: 23,204
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Belldandy View Post
                      My birthday doesn't appear at the bottom of the forum board, but I have it entered in my profile :( I sent in a request via the calendar to a moderator to manually add my birthday in there. Not sure if that was what was supposed to be done? I thought birthdays were automatic.
                      Do you have your profile set to show your full date of birth or just the year only? Make sure you go to your User CP right here, scroll to the bottom, and make sure you have the "Display Age and Full Date of Birth" option selected. :)
                      __________________
                      Closed Thread

                      Quick Reply

                      Join the conversation!

                      Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                      Create a PokéCommunity Account
                      Thread Tools

                      Posting Rules
                      You may not post new threads
                      You may not post replies
                      You may not post attachments
                      You may not edit your posts

                      BB code is On
                      Smilies are On
                      [IMG] code is On
                      HTML code is Off

                      Forum Jump


                      All times are GMT -8. The time now is 1:04 PM.