Ad Content
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #201   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old March 15th, 2013 (3:47 AM).
Zorogami's Avatar
Zorogami Zorogami is offline
WUB WUB
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Madrid/Spain
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Posts: 2,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Also idk in other things I guess we could have typing X and typing Y, and Pokemon coming under those typings, like that X/Y actually means the typings, and X-Scissor etc and V-create, anything letter-based comes under that typing now. Would change up everything we know right nowww.
Don't you think that's stretching it a little bit too much? I mean, what would those types stand for? How would they relate to the types that already exist? And why would you give an attack a typing just because of its name? I mean, i'm open for almost any ideas, but this is a little bit too much i think...
__________________

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Reply With Quote
  #202   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old March 15th, 2013 (3:49 AM).
Guy Guy is offline
just a guy
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Florida
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,133
Types usually have something to do with an element or being of some sort. If they introduced something like an X-type or Y-type, it would seem extremely out of place in my opinion. Like, how would you give an X or Y type any weaknesses and strengths compared to the other types? It's an odd fit.
Reply With Quote
  #203   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old March 15th, 2013 (3:51 AM).
Ho-Oh's Avatar
Ho-Oh Ho-Oh is offline
used Sacred Fire!
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Age: 26
Gender: Female
Nature: Bold
Posts: 35,930
They'd represent... chromosomes, I guess. They could be weak to each other! And also weak to fighting/normal because those are human things and if you have bad DNA you might not be normal or you might be bad at fighting. I don't know, I doubt it happening - but still wouldn't that be a shock, that Sylveon is X or Y-typed for example??
__________________

so it's gonna be forever ... or it's gonna go down in flames
Pokemon Go & Mobile Games Moderator

... make your dreams come true :heart:

Two Time Get Together Winner - Lele & Gloria!

Reply With Quote
  #204   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
Old March 15th, 2013 (7:48 AM).
Miss Doronjo's Avatar
Miss Doronjo Miss Doronjo is offline
Gaiden
     
    Join Date: Oct 2010
    Location: Toronto, Ontario
    Age: 26
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Quirky
    Posts: 4,475
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    They'd represent... chromosomes, I guess. They could be weak to each other! And also weak to fighting/normal because those are human things and if you have bad DNA you might not be normal or you might be bad at fighting. I don't know, I doubt it happening - but still wouldn't that be a shock, that Sylveon is X or Y-typed for example??
    Well, DNA comes in all sorts of shapes and sizes, really; a person can become bad at fighting, but a person can become very good at fighting. Plus, I don't know how Sylveon represents "Y", when we can say that Yuvental represents "Y", but still, it'd be hard to imagine why. So, I dunno, I'm not saying it's a bad idea, because it's actually a very interesting idea you have here, it's juuust a little too broad in my opinion.
    __________________

    Hawthorne Guardian
    Moderator of Video Games
    Paired to: Perdition Haze

    Pokémon:PhoenixRising
    Sylvie
    Reply With Quote
      #205   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old March 15th, 2013 (10:23 AM).
    Jake♫'s Avatar
    Jake♫ Jake♫ is offline
    ► My Happy Little Pill 
     
    Join Date: May 2008
    Location: New York
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Lax
    Posts: 2,944
    I fail to see that connection honestly. Shivi pretty much nailed it in saying that they're based on elements that we find in the world. Which is why I'm actually against things like a Light type, since between Fire and Electric we already have giving light covered.
    __________________
    Reply With Quote
      #206   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old March 15th, 2013 (10:36 AM).
    .Aero .Aero is offline
    Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
     
    Join Date: Jun 2007
    Location: Columbus, Ohio
    Age: 25
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Jolly
    Posts: 1,769
    X- / Y-type doesn't make much sense to me. Sure they could be types, but as previously stated, what do they represent? How do we determine what it's effective against and resisted by? We already have this lovely complex version of rock-paper-scissors that in general makes sense (and if it doesn't, you can at least strain it to make as much sense as paper beating rock) and introducing an X- / Y-type would only create confusion.

    And yeah, there are still a hell of a lot of type combinations to explore. The only reason Gen II got away with added two new types is because they made sense in terms of the natural world and their stigmas weren't exactly met by other types already (like light being met by fire and electric). I guess you could argue that Rock and Steel are quite similar, however I can also argue that Steel may have been added for balancing reasons. Dragons were scary without anything that resisted it and none of the other types really make sense resisting Dragon. This argument could also hold true for Dark as Psychic was rampant in Gen I.

    Considering how "balanced" the game is right now mechanics-wise, I don't think it's intelligent to introduce new types because of how much it can throw that off. We don't want another Gen I Psychic-Type running around do we? To put it bluntly, I won't be continuing my interest in Pokemon if they add a new type.
    Reply With Quote
      #207   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
    Old March 15th, 2013 (5:28 PM).
    Yamiidenryuu's Avatar
    Yamiidenryuu Yamiidenryuu is offline
       
      Join Date: Oct 2011
      Posts: 185
      Sooo... given that the supposed superhype about Sylveon was completely ignored by the lastest Corocoro despite the last issue explicitly saying there'd be more about it, I'm starting to feel like there's no real secret behind Sylveon's type, and that it'll be one of the existing types. That doesn't eliminate the possibility of a new type entirely if it's true, but it does feel like it rather shrinks it.
      __________________

      Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
      Reply With Quote
        #208   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
      Old March 30th, 2013 (7:08 AM).
      Archeops12354's Avatar
      Archeops12354 Archeops12354 is offline
         
        Join Date: Feb 2013
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 175
        I never believed that GF would ever make a light type, I mean we already have a type to fill that in - Psychic. I always thought that Psychic was the pokemon version of light. Just take a look at Espeon and Umbreon, they represent light and darkness, but Espeon is psychic and Umbreon is dark. There is even a move in the psychic category called 'Light Screen'. I also don't want the same thing to happen where rock and ground are two completely different types with completely different uses. I don't want Light and Psychic to be completely different types with different uses.

        I think the type system is fine just the way it is.

        I do however want a sound type, as there is no type similar to it. And there are lots of both sound based moves and pokemon such as Jigglypuff and Exploud.
        __________________
        Favourite Pokemon: (From each gen) Friend code: 1164 0089 7045 Name: dawg!!
        Gen 1. Gen 2. Gen 3. Gen 4. Gen 5.


        Gen 6.
        Reply With Quote
          #209   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
        Old March 30th, 2013 (7:24 AM).
        Crystal Noel's Avatar
        Crystal Noel Crystal Noel is offline
        RPG Maker VX Ace Scripter
           
          Join Date: Dec 2012
          Location: United States
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Quirky
          Posts: 222
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Archeops12354 View Post
          I never believed that GF would ever make a light type, I mean we already have a type to fill that in - Psychic. I always thought that Psychic was the pokemon version of light. Just take a look at Espeon and Umbreon, they represent light and darkness, but Espeon is psychic and Umbreon is dark. There is even a move in the psychic category called 'Light Screen'. I also don't want the same thing to happen where rock and ground are two completely different types with completely different uses. I don't want Light and Psychic to be completely different types with different uses.

          I think the type system is fine just the way it is.

          I do however want a sound type, as there is no type similar to it. And there are lots of both sound based moves and pokemon such as Jigglypuff and Exploud.
          I don't really see that. Psychic is based off of the mind and is weak to the three most common fears of Bugs, Ghosts, and the Dark. Also some Psychic Pokemon like Hypno are far from being considered good(Especially with the Hypo's Lullaby poem). The sound-type is rummored along side the light-type and many Pokemon will be re-typed to both.
          Spoiler:

          __________________

          Reply With Quote
            #210   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
          Old March 30th, 2013 (1:18 PM).
          Krazzikk's Avatar
          Krazzikk Krazzikk is offline
             
            Join Date: Jul 2012
            Location: Florida
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Mild
            Posts: 504
            Gamefreak most likely doesn't have the guts to do something like that, and for good reason. This has a great chance to completely screw balance, and is very high risk because of the unpredictability of the consumer's reaction. And either way it's not very necessary, there's plenty of types as it is.
            Reply With Quote
              #211   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old April 1st, 2013 (9:59 PM).
            Ho-Oh's Avatar
            Ho-Oh Ho-Oh is offline
            used Sacred Fire!
             
            Join Date: Nov 2005
            Age: 26
            Gender: Female
            Nature: Bold
            Posts: 35,930
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by krazzikk View Post
            Gamefreak most likely doesn't have the guts to do something like that, and for good reason. This has a great chance to completely screw balance, and is very high risk because of the unpredictability of the consumer's reaction. And either way it's not very necessary, there's plenty of types as it is.
            But there's also the chance that it'll be perfectly balanced too. GameFreak have been known to take risks lately really, with the whole sequels thing, crossing over from out of Pokemon etc.
            Reply With Quote
              #212   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old April 1st, 2013 (10:03 PM).
            Foxrally's Avatar
            Foxrally Foxrally is offline
             
            Join Date: Mar 2013
            Location: a Torterra's back
            Age: 20
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Naive
            Posts: 2,585
            In every even gen (2, 4) new things were added. New types in 2, new evolutions in 4, so hy not new types again?
            __________________
            Paired to Ice and gimmepie
            3DS Friend Code
            0103-9972-1307
            I make memes and other carcinogens
            Reply With Quote
              #213   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
            Old April 1st, 2013 (10:33 PM).
            Yusshin's Avatar
            Yusshin Yusshin is offline
            ♪ Yggdrasil ♪
               
              Join Date: Jul 2009
              Location: Quebec, Canada
              Age: 26
              Nature: Brave
              Posts: 2,424
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Crystal Noel View Post
              Spoiler:

              I think this is reasonable enough. If they do add types, I can't see how Light or Sound would become the new Gen 1 Psychic "beast" of Gen 6.

              Plus, just look at the Pokemon that would be considered FOR these new types (based on user speculation). Jigglypuff? Wailmer? Hardly OP as it is. I can't see it being game-breaking.
              __________________


              Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
              "My scar makes me sassy, child!"
              The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
              The French Club
              Reply With Quote
                #214   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old April 3rd, 2013 (12:24 AM).
              Ho-Oh's Avatar
              Ho-Oh Ho-Oh is offline
              used Sacred Fire!
               
              Join Date: Nov 2005
              Age: 26
              Gender: Female
              Nature: Bold
              Posts: 35,930
              I get why Wailmer would be sound but I'd say it'd be a big stretch and in general as it is I don't think there's enough different Sound-types for it to be viable compared to moves/everything else Light would have.
              __________________

              so it's gonna be forever ... or it's gonna go down in flames
              Pokemon Go & Mobile Games Moderator

              ... make your dreams come true :heart:

              Two Time Get Together Winner - Lele & Gloria!

              Reply With Quote
                #215   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
              Old April 3rd, 2013 (3:16 PM).
              KJPokemon's Avatar
              KJPokemon KJPokemon is offline
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2013
                Age: 26
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Calm
                Posts: 17
                I don't think it will and I don't want it to happen. It would mess up the balance of the game that we've had as well as get complicated if they changed old pokemon or old moves into a different type. We don't need to make things more complicated. plus developing enough support through tms and features as well as new pokemon for said new type would take away from the incredible potential of the new game which could be focused on perfecting the old pokemon.
                Reply With Quote
                  #216   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                Old April 3rd, 2013 (4:35 PM).
                ThisOrTheApocalypse's Avatar
                ThisOrTheApocalypse ThisOrTheApocalypse is offline
                Bananas
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2010
                  Location: Indiana
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Relaxed
                  Posts: 143
                  I very much hope we do not get new types. I think it is balanced well enough, however, I wouldn't mind seeing some weird mash ups of types to make things interesting.
                  __________________
                  "The wind... it is... blowing..."
                  Reply With Quote
                    #217   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                  Old April 3rd, 2013 (10:48 PM).
                  XeroNos's Avatar
                  XeroNos XeroNos is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Jan 2011
                    Location: Finding new Challenges !!
                    Age: 29
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Brave
                    Posts: 3,015
                    No I don't think any new types would be needed in Poke World. Just look it guys we already have faced at least 17-18 types. Are not those too much?
                    Reply With Quote
                      #218   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                    Old April 6th, 2013 (10:54 AM).
                    Blastin'Tyruntz's Avatar
                    Blastin'Tyruntz Blastin'Tyruntz is offline
                    Ink is love. Ink is life. Inkay is meh.
                       
                      Join Date: Apr 2010
                      Location: Israel
                      Age: 20
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Hardy
                      Posts: 1,087
                      from what i saw here, there were speculations about digital, space, sound, light, heck- i even saw ancient!

                      i think adding a new type or types is unlikely to happen, but still, i think they should be RE-TYPING immediatley!

                      with all this new untyped evvelution Sylveon is, retyping is the bets thing that game needs to do. Like, if you were given the chance to change the type of a pokemon of your choosing, what would you do? probably make magnemite a steel type and not electric, make rotom an electric only and not ghost, add the water type to bidoof too and not just bibarel...it's common sense a beaver would be part-water right?

                      you can disagree if you want, but i think i made a interesting point.
                      __________________
                      ~Made by Pebbles~
                      Randomizer Nuzlocke- black 1/8
                      Nuzlocke- Insurgence (Dark story) 0/8
                      Reply With Quote
                        #219   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                      Old April 6th, 2013 (12:45 PM).
                      Xander Olivieri's Avatar
                      Xander Olivieri Xander Olivieri is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jun 2010
                        Gender: Other
                        Nature: Hasty
                        Posts: 5,601
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by idankingo View Post
                        from what i saw here, there were speculations about digital, space, sound, light, heck- i even saw ancient!

                        i think adding a new type or types is unlikely to happen, but still, i think they should be RE-TYPING immediatley!

                        with all this new untyped evvelution Sylveon is, retyping is the bets thing that game needs to do. Like, if you were given the chance to change the type of a pokemon of your choosing, what would you do? probably make magnemite a steel type and not electric, make rotom an electric only and not ghost, add the water type to bidoof too and not just bibarel...it's common sense a beaver would be part-water right?

                        you can disagree if you want, but i think i made a interesting point.
                        No, your point isn't that interesting, in fact its been said quite a few times by other people and then forgotten because it doesn't make sense or is too much trouble to even bother with. Beavers also don't all live in water so them being part water was a tag on. Gamefreak is known for tagging on types with Normal to increase the number of types in a game. Its kinda lazy, but I don't see Bidoof needing Water Typing. I don't see any need to retype other Pokemon. As for new types, While it would be something nice as it effects all veterans more than new players, I don't see any need to add them at this point and time. They'd probably be better being added later on in another two or three generations.
                        __________________
                        Reply With Quote
                          #220   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old April 6th, 2013 (11:57 PM). Edited April 7th, 2013 by Gligar.
                        Gligar's Avatar
                        Gligar Gligar is offline
                        Bruhfication Sayan
                         
                        Join Date: Apr 2013
                        Location: Dubai
                        Age: 17
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Sassy
                        Posts: 1,375
                        Light type would be the best choice right now....

                        I'm really waiting for an Ice/Light Pokemon!
                        __________________
                        Reply With Quote
                          #221   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                        Old April 7th, 2013 (3:25 AM).
                        Kurapika's Avatar
                        Kurapika Kurapika is online now
                        Grudgebearer
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2013
                          Location: Lavendar Town
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Naughty
                          Posts: 616
                          I personally hope there will be no new type...
                          __________________
                          G3T - GEN 3 TOOLS ( Windows / Android )


                          Reply With Quote
                            #222   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old April 8th, 2013 (12:18 AM).
                          King Gumball's Avatar
                          King Gumball King Gumball is offline
                          Haven't been here for ages...
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2010
                          Location: Sydney
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Modest
                          Posts: 2,184
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by mimimahboul View Post
                          Light type would be the best choice right now....

                          I'm really waiting for an Ice/Light Pokemon!
                          Light seems like the only possible new type, seeing as there is already a 'Dark' type. I wouldn't mind the introduction of a light type, but I really can't see any other possible typing being introduced this late in the franchise. I am looking forward to some new typing combinations however, such as a Dragon/Grass.
                          __________________
                          Please Click:




                          Reply With Quote
                            #223   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                          Old April 8th, 2013 (1:38 AM).
                          Mujahid's Avatar
                          Mujahid Mujahid is offline
                          Sir Froakie is impressed.
                             
                            Join Date: Feb 2010
                            Location: India
                            Age: 23
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Quiet
                            Posts: 607
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by King Gumball View Post
                            Light seems like the only possible new type, seeing as there is already a 'Dark' type. I wouldn't mind the introduction of a light type, but I really can't see any other possible typing being introduced this late in the franchise. I am looking forward to some new typing combinations however, such as a Dragon/Grass.
                            'Dark' type is actually a misnomer. The japanese word for the type is 'Evil' type. 'Dark' represents Evil rather than Darkness. Since, there is no Darkness type, a Light type isn't actually needed. They may Make it but it will not be because of Dark(Evil) Type.
                            __________________
                            Reply With Quote
                              #224   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                            Old April 8th, 2013 (3:10 AM).
                            dragonfly_dust's Avatar
                            dragonfly_dust dragonfly_dust is offline
                            Look at my avatar! Nuff said.
                               
                              Join Date: Jan 2013
                              Posts: 318
                              I would love to see a Light type personally because it will finally give Grass Type a worthy competitive edge in battles.

                              Think about it. Since plants absorb light, Grass types will be strong against Light types!
                              __________________


                              Like the sprites you see here?
                              Want a custom one of your very own?

                              Come on down to DD's Sprite Shop~!



                              Reply With Quote
                                #225   Link to this post, but load the entire thread.  
                              Old April 8th, 2013 (3:26 AM).
                              CliCliW's Avatar
                              CliCliW CliCliW is offline
                              I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
                                 
                                Join Date: Dec 2012
                                Location: Ireland
                                Age: 25
                                Gender: Female
                                Nature: Bashful
                                Posts: 437
                                I don't really want there to be a mew type but if there were Sylveon would definitely be the forerunner for it I think.

                                As for the techniques a light type would use, I can't help but have Flash come to mind first :P
                                Reply With Quote
                                Reply

                                Quick Reply

                                Join the conversation!

                                Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                Create a PokéCommunity Account
                                Ad Content
                                Thread Tools

                                Posting Rules
                                You may not post new threads
                                You may not post replies
                                You may not post attachments
                                You may not edit your posts

                                BB code is On
                                Smilies are On
                                [IMG] code is On
                                HTML code is Off

                                Forum Jump


                                All times are GMT -8. The time now is 3:28 PM.