• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Weren't the Kyurem formes described as "new" before anything about them being formes was officially announced? The international Pokémon site could just be being vague for the sake of not revealing anything else yet, which I'm actually kind of disappointed about. We still don't know Sylveon's Type, the name of the region, or the mascots' Types, and now we don't have any solid info on this new guy.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I was late to the stream. The first comment that stood out was "boobs confirmed".

So...I saw the new Mewtwo form. I want to just point out that I called it from its appearance in the trailer. I will commence gloating.

I'll gloat even more if Sylveon ends up being Ghost-type (may not be confirmed yet).

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It's possible...or what if someone tried fusing Mewtwo's genes with Genesect's to create this (sure it looks more like Mewtwo but both those Pokémon have to do with genes).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
1365273181995.png

This must be fake then, since the legs on the newly confirmed "Mewthree" are all wrong.

I think I dislike him a bit less now that I know he's not a Mewtwo form, he still looks really weird though. I'll probably only learn to tolerate him.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
This must be fake then, since the legs on the newly confirmed "Mewthree" are all wrong.

I think I dislike him a bit less now that I know he's not a Mewtwo form, he still looks really weird though. I'll probably only learn to tolerate him.
Wait. Did they call it a Forme, or an entirely new Pokémon? Bulbapedia already locked the page to stop speculation edits.

Cyclone

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
The Pokemon website mentions alot about it being a new Pokemon so until I know more , I'm gonna go with that and say it's a new Pokemon related to Mewtwo. Though they have stated a Pokemon's new before and it just ends up being a new form. Just leaning more toward a new Pokemon related to Mewtwo.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
That this pokemon is a completely new pokemon and not a form of Mewtwo seems very believable. After all a similar connection already exists between Mew and Mewtwo. Not everything has to be a new form.

Did anyone else think the windy ice move it used when it was attacking gyarados looked really fierce?

blue

gucci
Years
The Magic 8-Ball says: "Absolutely!"

I happen to think so, too.

Cyclone

So only 149 more major announcement reveals to go!

No but it will be interesting to see how they reveal the rest of the Pokemon, Sylveon & Mewtwo Forme was certainly interesting. These games are shaping up to be peculiarly intriguing

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
I said I liked it when we only had some poor quality scans and I still like after seeing its artwork and gameplay footage in high quality.

But yeah, people will get over it. Just give them time

Years
Hopefully, I don't want to hear peoples rants about it even a year after the games have come out like with some of the Unova Pokémon.

Have anyone noticed how thus far the only Pokémon revealed that weren't revealed in the trailer when the games were announced aka Sylveon and Mewtwo (forme)/three are connected to Kanto. May other Kanto Pokémon appear? Because it seems there's quite a focus on Kanto as of right now. I'm hoping we get some more original gen 6 and evolutions/ Pokémon related to gen 2-5.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
I've noticed something on how Nintendo/Game Freak/whoever announced this: they never flat out said this "new Pokémon" is actually Mewtwo in any of the places revealing this. I know they want to make it worth talking about but the official YouTube trailer said it "bears an intriguing resemblance to the Legendary Mewtwo!" or something similar everywhere else.

I still believe this is in fact a Mewtwo form but we won't get a clear answer from the guys at Pokémon for maybe a while.

blue

gucci
Years
I've noticed something on how Nintendo/Game Freak/whoever announced this: they never flat out said this "new Pokémon" is actually Mewtwo in any of the places revealing this. I know they want to make it worth talking about but the official YouTube trailer said it "bears an intriguing resemblance to the Legendary Mewtwo!"

I still believe this is in fact a Mewtwo form but we won't get a clear answer from the guys at Pokémon for maybe a while.

On the official website it is titled "Who is this new Pokémon?"

Years
It could be Gf trolling us by making this "New Pokémon" seem like a different species when it's actually Mewtwo...like the official site says X and Y just keep getting more mysterious.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
And the film we know it will appear in (thanks to the leak) won't come out in Japan until July 13, a good 3 months from now. So it's going to be a LOOONG ride before we might get solid info.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2015
I think there might be a big hint to this being a new pokemon...

On the pokemon website it says "This pokemon shares many traits with Mewtwo, including a light-purple body, and piercing, powerful eyes."

Why mention anything about the eyes? Seems kind of pointless, until you see that the two have both a different style and colour of eyes. No form change has ever changed the eyes of the pokemon, and there would really be no reason to. I also don't see why they would choose to take Mewtwo's tail and turn it into part of the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back