• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☼ The Fortress of Flames ☼ (Fire type fanclub)

If Ho-oh and Reshiram got into a fight, who'd win?

• Ho-oh.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Reshiram.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • It could be either way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
welcome to the club,Joel!!
@Sayan nice pics
PotW pics:
Spoiler:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Another Victini Week!

Question of the Week?

"Which is Victini's highest base power non-STAB move?"

Hyper Beam and/or Giga Impact at Base Power 150....

Pokemon of the Week photos
Spoiler:

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
☼ Who is your favorite Fire type Gym leader?
My favorite is Blaine. 2nd is Flannery. We need more Fire gyms.

☼ According to you which Fire type has the best shiny sprite?
Rapidash.

☼ Do you think Fire types can be used defensively?
No, I don't think so. With weakness to Water and Ground attacks and Stealth Rock, Fire types' lifespans are limited. On the other hand, Fire is great offensively, being Super effective on Steel. It hits most of the commonly used Steel types SE, unlike Fighting and Ground, which are not SE against stuff like Skarmory and Scizor. So Fire is best used offensively.

New topic-

☼ If the legendary Fire types Ho-oh and Reshiram got into a fight, who'd win?
This one I don't really know. I can't decide.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

☼ If the legendary Fire types Ho-oh and Reshiram got into a fight, who'd win?
Reshiram without a doubt!

He can ancientpower all over Ho-Oh and that alone, can put Ho-Oh to hibernation mood.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
Welcome to the club Cosmotone!

I don't like tricky questions Sayan, but that's all you do. So here's my answer to the Question of the Week.
Spoiler:

As for who'd win, I'd say Reshiram because I prefer the fire dragon over the rainbow turkey any day.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Welcome to the club, Cosmotone8!

IIRC, Ho-oh's Japanese name Houou means 'Phoenix'. Just sayin'.

The question still hasn't been answered correctly. Fusion Bolt/Flare's base power don't get doubled, the damage they deal is doubled. The last question was very easy so I had to make this one harder.

Btw, I've modified the whole 'topics' section in the OP. Check it out.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
The answer to the quiz, I think.
Spoiler:

I hope it's right! :)

Sorry, you're wrong. The question clearly mentions 'non STAB move', so Psychic and Fire moves are invalid.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Yes, Ho-Oh is a Phoenix, the way it shines in the anime pretty much proves it.....

To the quiz I did answer the question and I wasn't sure if you got the answer? I'll re-post it again...
Spoiler:

If not, I'm very much interested to see who gets this right.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Yes, Ho-Oh is a Phoenix, the way it shines in the anime pretty much proves it.....

To the quiz I did answer the question and I wasn't sure if you got the answer? I'll re-post it again...
Spoiler:

If not, I'm very much interested to see who gets this right.

Sorry, your answer's also wrong. I did notice your 1st post. I thought I wouldn't clutter the thread replying to every answer.

All this Phoenix talk is making me wonder; if Ho-oh's the phoenix, what's Moltres? A fried chicken?

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Totally fried chicken. And Ho-oh is a Thanksgiving turkey.

EDIT: Figured it out.
Reversal

Right you are, ma'am!

BTW I've heard that if you call Ho-oh names, the legendary beasts will come out of the tall grass and Roar at you.

Hmmm, that can be a good way to catch them. Maybe I should post this in a cheat site, I'm sure many HGSS players are dying to try it :P .

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

All this Phoenix talk is making me wonder; if Ho-oh's the phoenix, what's Moltres? A fried chicken?
I think Ho-Oh resembles a Peacock too even though it's a Phoenix-like bird itself.

Moltres is a large bird with flame-colored plumage, resembling a Phoenix

Guess it's safe to say we have two Phoenix birds after all?

Totally fried chicken. And Ho-oh is a Thanksgiving turkey.

EDIT: Figured it out.
Spoiler:
Ahh congrats. I was about to say the same typing attack (Final Gambit) but you already got it. :)

Last edited:

Sayan

is tightening its focus
Years
Yeah, let's just agree that Game Freak got out of ideas and made 2 phoenix Pokemon. They were pretty similar from the start. IIRC, in the 3rd or 4th episode of the anime Ash refers to a Moltres's picture as that of the Pokemon he saw, which was actually Ho-oh.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
Let's say they both are fried chickens. :D Hard to say which one is phoenix because Moltres has the flames but Ho-Oh look pretty awesome.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
Mmmm... Yeah, rainbow turkey does look tasty awesome interesting. I'd say Moltres is better looking only because of the flames. But I wouldn't like to have either one as a pet... Burn the house down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back