• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
If anything I'd love for there to be in-game trades along the way to support some of the older Pokémon to come into this region, but if that doesn't happen some sort of Pal Park or other transfer method would be awesome.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Hm, I can see that in-game trading for past gen pokemon would happen more in the post game than in the main game plot, but, yeah, it'd be nice to see! I just hope that the transfer system won't be like BW/B2W2's, tbh. I mean, I really didn't think that minigame was necessary. =(

Years
Hm, I can see that in-game trading for past gen pokemon would happen more in the post game than in the main game plot, but, yeah, it'd be nice to see! I just hope that the transfer system won't be like BW/B2W2's, tbh. I mean, I really didn't think that minigame was necessary. =(

Yeah, I was sorta disappointed by that minigame in 5th Gen's Poke Transfer. I want something more like 4th Gen's Pal Park, which has no need for an annoying minigame.

As for in-game trades, I'd like to see some more useful ones. I don't want crappy ones like D/P/Pt's. I do want some easy Pokemon requisites like in 5th Gen.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yes I hated PokeTransfer at first too :( I got used to it after a while but I'd like to avoid it - I just want a really simple way!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Do you guys think that this generation would make it possible to trade more than one Pokemon at once? I'm not a huge trader by any means, but I think it would be really useful for those who are. It'd save a whole bunch of time/effort. x_x
I would absolutely love this feature to be put in place. With the ability to offer up three Pokémon at a time in Gen V I was expecting big things from the new trading system, but after noticing you could only trade one at a time it was a huge let down. It'd be great for offering some much more interesting/worth while trades and just generally for swapping Pokémon between games. I'd love to see this feature!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Yeah, BW kid of trolled us with that trading shenanigan. @__@ I really hope X&Y will at least let us trade 3 pokemon at once, at least. Or you know, if they won't implement that, at least a faster way to trade pokemon in general. I mean, at least a way to skip over that whole trading cutscene.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
If they could finally implement trading more than one Pokémon at once it'd be great, as it's so tedious as it is right now, especially since trades take forever to complete =/

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Hmm it is an interesting point you've brought up, I can only take a stab in the dark and say that they'd be fighting over perhaps some glorious item that could make a perfect duplicate of themselves with the same DNA, appearance, everything? It sounds a little silly I must admit, but anything could be possible. I honestly don't know what else relating to genetics they'd be fighting over, but I'm taking a guess it might have something to do with wanting to create multiple versions of themselves from extracts of DNA for whatever reason. Anyone else have any thoughts? :D

Years
I'm thinking that the possible genetics theme will only relate to the villainous team(s) and new game mechanics, and the two legendary's will be feuding over something like. . . I'm thinking it'll be similar to when Groudon controlled the land, and Kyogre the seas. Maybe Xerneas will connect to the land and forests and such while Yveltal takes the sky, then the inevitable Z legendary will be in the depths or something.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Though I'd share an interesting new topic as well:

Throughout the generations, we've seen legendary Pokemon fight for many reasons. Mew and Mewtwo from Gen I, Kyogre and Groudon in Gen III, Palkia and Dialga as well as Giratina in Gen IV, and finally, Reshiram and Zekrom in Gen V. These were all according to their respective genres: weather, space-time, Ying/Yang. With this generation heavily speculated to be about genetics(with some pretty strong evidence behind it), what do you think would be the main cause of conflict between Yveltal and Xerneas? I'm just finding a hard-time finding out what legendary Pokemon could fight about regarding genetics, unless there's something I'm missing here.

Uh most of those examples are from the anime, thus far only Groudon-Kyogre, and Reshiram-Zekrom have fought in game and the second was more due to their trainers (N and the player) than their own will. However seeing another rivalry between legends would be nice... maybe they're fighting to see who is superior (survival of the fittess?)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
If it's a genetics theme (which I'm all for), it kinda seems similar to the Mew/Mewtwo fight for who is superior from the first movie. Of course, this technically hasn't happened in game yet so I guess it's still a viable concept. Otherwise I have no idea how they would include a rivalry like that, but I'm definitely all for it!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Hmm I suppose it is sort of like Mew and Mewtwo. Generally I have no idea how genetics could come into play, but I'm guessing it's something along the lines of what Jake said :3, to see who is superior and the champion between them.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I think it would be boring if the legendaries were just fighting to see who was superior. It just seems lame and childish. If they're going to fight it should be for a better reason.

I don't want them to fight, I'd rather they were more like Ho-oh and Lugia.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Though I'd share an interesting new topic as well:

Throughout the generations, we've seen legendary Pokemon fight for many reasons. Mew and Mewtwo from Gen I, Kyogre and Groudon in Gen III, Palkia and Dialga as well as Giratina in Gen IV, and finally, Reshiram and Zekrom in Gen V. These were all according to their respective genres: weather, space-time, Ying/Yang. With this generation heavily speculated to be about genetics(with some pretty strong evidence behind it), what do you think would be the main cause of conflict between Yveltal and Xerneas? I'm just finding a hard-time finding out what legendary Pokemon could fight about regarding genetics, unless there's something I'm missing here.

Hm, well, in another thread I made, I talked about the possibility of good and evil. Well, eh, bare with me, just to bounce some ideas, but take a look at a theory that I've seen that people are making about Xerneas & Yveltal. Could they represent good and evil? If you've looked at a previous thread I made, Scientific Waves, it talks about how there maaaay be possibilities that Xerneas can represent light. Yuveltal may represent darkness, and the whole light vs darkness can be portrayed as symbols; Xerneas can represent light, which can represent Purity, Order, Safety, Righteousness and possibly Dictatorship, while Yveltal, can represent darkness, which is represented by Uncertainty, Tragedy, Freedom, Alienation, and Blindness.

Well, of course, the problem with this is it's understandable that pokemon can't be 'truly' evil, but only simply follow the commands of their trainers - who can be good or bad trainers, depending on what decision making they do. However, what if the world in pokemon can manifest a willpower that would not appeal to ethical tastes?

Of course, since gen 3 all box starters have been rivals somehow, continents (embodied by a red and black scary pokemon) vs oceans, time vs space, truth vs ideals. But it's only been like that since 3rd gen, what if, for instance, Xerneas were the protector of the land or whatever, got captured by evil team Baguette, then FORCED to do whatever evil shenanigans they have in mind in order to take all the cheese in the region for themselves (Just trying to be funny here, I'm sure you know what i'm talking about) and we have to ask for the help of Yveltal in order to rescue it? Fight against Mind Controled Xerneas using Yveltal (without having catched it) and beating the unwilling to do harm mind controlled Xerneas because of "the bond we build fighting alongside pokemon as friends" then the one we're supposed to catch giving us some key item in order to go to X place in the game, use it, then capture said legendary?

Also in another flow of ideas, what if there is not a single sequel but two like BW2?, I didn't follow pokemon BW speculation thread, since I was very busy at the time and didn't have time for pokemon, but I think I could bet that every single person said sequel to BW would be Grey, so how about not Pokemon Z but two sequels, maybe one giving Xerneas a flying form and the other giving Yveltal a ground form, made by some evil Team Baguette scientist in order to break balance in the world and we have to seek Whatever third legendary they place in here in order to reverse said changes?

Eh... yeah, this is a stretch but a man can dream.*sigh*.

Last edited:
Years
My theory for why the next legendaries will fight:

One team (X) creates a pokemon to take over the region, while another team (Y) does the same and they collide with their modified powers in which the player will have to interfere and stop the madness.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm hoping the Legends don't play a huge role in the new games. I want them to be like Lugia and Ho-oh in Gen 2. I really don't want another Kyogre/Groudon relationship where they fight against each other, Dialga/Palkia where they are targeted to create a new world, or Reshiram/Zekrom where each represented two sides to a coin where only one can be the true winner.

I'd want a less in your face role, like, there's a disturbence that awakens them and they start looking around. Sure you'd have to fight them, either more than once which would be nice, forced reoccuring boss fight up to climax where they try to stop what evil stirred them only to fail on their own, then you have the choice of trying to catch it yourself or ignore it. Like catching it is its own subquest (like Rayquaza in R/S)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
When you see the legendaries and consider the title art then I think there's a pretty high chance they will have some kind of major role in the games :x

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Lugia and Ho-oh didn't play any major part in the games. They had more of a role in the remakes with the Kimono girls addition, but it still wasn't a major role. Suicune played a better role than Ho-oh and Lugia.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
I'm with Xanny on the whole legendary issue. In my opinion, legendaries should influence the plot.The last three gens had the whole plot ON them. I believe the Second Gen did this beautifully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back