• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Video Game Thread Category: Guide

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Just occurred to me that one area that appears to be non-existent in the Video Game Board are Guides to the games themselves. I mean sure you can find them elsewhere on the web but what if you wanted to share your own guide on a recent game or on an old classic that you still play to this day here on PC? Most Guides are text based, but those that can manage to add visuals are appreciated far more. I'm not saying its a must add or high on the priority list but figure I'd mention it.

Years
Just occurred to me that one area that appears to be non-existent in the Video Game Board are Guides to the games themselves. I mean sure you can find them elsewhere on the web but what if you wanted to share your own guide on a recent game or on an old classic that you still play to this day here on PC? Most Guides are text based, but those that can manage to add visuals are appreciated far more. I'm not saying its a must add or high on the priority list but figure I'd mention it.

Writing a guide that I would be happy with on here takes an extremely long time and considering the outlets for said guides provide more exposure and also potentially pay for them, if my understanding is correct. Spending upwards of 70 hours to finish a game and write its guide therefore I can't see many people wanting to really do...

What you are wanting versus what you are suggesting seems to be a little different however and actually it seems you're looking maybe for reviews as it were of a game you've played recently or of old and want to show off to the VG section. That is something I can see as viable for the section maybe.

Therefore as much as the suggestion is appreciated and myself/Juno will discuss maybe other ideas from this, I can't see the suggestion necessarily taking off on a forum such as this one.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I didn't expect it to pass with the points you brought up. I just figured I'd throw it around as an idea in the event anyone in the future decides to bring it up to where you can refer to this particular thread as to why it was rejected if that turns out to be the outcome. Thanks for giving it consideration though ;)

Back