• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's Get Together and Play!

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
letsplayff2.png

Welcome, everyone, to PC's first ever Let's Play event, hosted and judged by yours truly and Daedalus. And what game will be the focus of this event? Why, Final Fantasy for the Nintendo Entertainment System, of course! Now, while this is - in essence - a competition, don't let that scare you away; Daedalus and I both hope that this event will be a great time for both participating LPers, and for the readers/viewers!

So, without further ado, welcome to the event!

Now, the goal of this event is to LP a game (in this case Final Fantasy) in either a screenshot or video format and submit it to this thread in the time alloted, and in our case this time will be from the beginning of the Get-Together (12:00 A.M. July 15th) until its very end (11:59 P.M. July 18th). At that point the judges (Daedalus and myself) will go over the entries and award placements based on the following scoring rubrics provided on July 21st.

SCORING

SCREENSHOT LPs:
Spoiler:

VIDEO LPs:
Spoiler:

PRIZES

Now what exactly will the prizes be, you may ask? Well, for starters, each entrant (who is not otherwise disqualified) will be awarded the following:

Ribboned Babos
babos_participate.png

Additionally, the victor, as chosen by the judges, will receive the following emblem:

Queen Babos!
babos_win.png

Finally, after all entries have been accepted, the readers and viewers will be able to vote in a poll to determine who will win:

Totally Radical Babos
babos_fan.png

All credit for drawing the emblems belong to WitchChao.

RULES
Now, this event wouldn't be fair if we were to judge it without restrictions, now would it? The rules, concerning entires, follows:

In General - (1) You may set your LP at any point of the game, if you want to cover the final boss battle, then go ahead. (2) You must state in your post whether your LP is 'comedic' or 'straight' if we are to judge it fairly. (3) Your entry may be disqualified if: you submit an LP of a game other than the one named in this post; you submit an LP done in a language other than English; you try to pass off somebody else's work as your own; or your LP is unnecessarily long.

For Screenshot LPs - (1) Each LP must include a minimum of 50 images. (2) The LP must be legible (i.e. we must be able to understand what you are saying, and the font must be easy on the eyes.). (3) Do not go overboard with the cursing. (4) No Babos'.

For Video LPs - (1) Each LP must be at least 5 minutes long. (2) Your voice must be clear and easily understood - if your video isn't understandable to the judges, we will skip your entry. (3) Again, do not go overboard with the cursing. (4) No Babos'.

marcc5m

what
Years
So we have to play Final Fantasy?
I...don't think I'll be entering. I've never played it, never heard of it and I just don't feel it's fair that we are limited to one game everyone has to play. I was looking forward to this too. :\

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
So we have to play Final Fantasy?
I...don't think I'll be entering. I've never played it, never heard of it and I just don't feel it's fair that we are limited to one game everyone has to play. I was looking forward to this too. :\

It's to make the judging process easier - and to see what each person can do when given the same material.

Back