• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: FireRed Redux: Open World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 17, 2023
Can we just lock all IVs for Pok?mon caught at 31? That would be a major QoL change for us.

PkmnTrainerKonner

PkmnTrainer
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
I'm wanting to experiment more with hacking and start learning some new things so I'll be working on this less frequently. It's still in my backlog of things to do, so I'm not quitting on it. Also mods my post is missing, just so you're aware

A lot of posts apparently got unknowingly purged when the forum went down. I hope the mods can recover yours.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Online now
Do the separate patches have to be patched on a clean Fire Red ROM, or on a ROM with the main patch applied?

Have trade evolutions been changed?

Are you going to make a randomizer for this hack again? Or do we have to randomize this with the Universal Pokemon Randomizer?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Online now
I didn't make a randomizer; I actually didn't realize it, but the Universal Pokemon Randomizer has always been able to randomize compatible hacks with expanded Pokemon.
Well, I remember that you made a separate randomizer for this hack before restarting it. But now that I know this hack can be randomized with the Universal Pokemon Randomizer, that answers that question.

Anvils Alive

Fun is infinite. Sega Enterprises.
Years
Hey, Petuuuhhh! I don't see the actual FireRed Redux patch anywhere. I tried the IPS in the current archive on a clean FireRed ROM, and it's still just the vanilla game. What's going on?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 5, 2022
Do you have a summary of what all the patches do? I'm confused why there's four separate Redux patches, and which one to use. On my phone, it lists them as "Pokemon FireRed Redux Open World Alpha 1.0.1 -", "Pokemon FireRed Redux Open World Alpha 1.0.1 -", "Pokemon FireRed Redux Open World Alpha 1.0.1 (" and "Pokemon FireRed Redux Open World Alpha 1.0.1 (".

Edit: additionally, does order matter at all when patching?
Edit 2: turns out my file browser was truncating them, I found out what was happening and can see their full names now

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
The pokemon type bars is sweet and the level scaling is neat how did you do it?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I don't think the trainer mons scale. I was at level 14 with two mons and battled level 10s. The scale definitely happens with wild pokemon.

Anvils Alive

Years
Likin' the new version! I've been Nuzlocking it since yesterday on my Twitch channel!

However, do be aware that I lost all the TM's I collected up until Dig, except for Dig, once I got either that TM itself or the S.S. Ticket from Bill's cottage. You might have to look into this, just saying.

ANOTHER EYE-OPENING BUG: Coin Case blows the game wide open. If you open up the TM case after getting it, TMs are screwed up. Leave the items menu altogether, and the game will crash.

Last edited:

Anvils Alive

Years
Ah, Skell's badge scale feature? That's interesting.

Still, for the time being, it's okay. I hope you think about keeping on plugging away and fixing said problems best you can. Here's wishing you luck!

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2024
well honestly is best to start over fresh with skeli engine and include all mons as with his engine you get box expanded ect

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I'm making a simple 386 hack while I research how to implement FireRed Redux. It's called Blazing FireRed. I have changed wild encounters and trainer parties up to Brock. You will find it in the attachment.

Will you make more changes for Blazing FireRed? Up to Brock makes me think it's the first couple steps in the hacking process.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Oct 21, 2022
Petuuuhhh sir, I am currently making a Kalos Rom Hack, so I need to know if this Hack satisfies the following features as I am planning to use this as a Rom Base (with your permission), since Mega Blue does not satisfy all the following features:
-More TMs
-Expanded Pokemon
-More moves
-Animated Pokemon sprites
-Expanded items
-Expanded music tracks
-Expanded move tutor moves
-New items
-HGSS sprites
-New abilities?
-Z-moves?
-New evolution methods?
-Toggleable Gen VI Exp Share item

Yours faithfully,
Joshua

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Oct 21, 2022
Petuuuhhh sir, I am big fan of your Rom Hacking skills. Apparently, I am currently working on a Kalos Rom Hack, so I would like to know if your Leon's Ultimate FireRed ROM Base Unofficial Expansion Project is made based on the latest version of Leon's Rom Base, and whether your Rom Hack Pokemon FireRed Redux has all the features of your Rom Base, so that I can use it for my Rom Hack (with your permission).

Years
Petuuuhhh sir, I am currently making a Kalos Rom Hack, so I need to know if this Hack satisfies the following features as I am planning to use this as a Rom Base (with your permission), since Mega Blue does not satisfy all the following features:

<Long List>

Yours faithfully,
Joshua

Nope it doesn't have those features. You can use CFRU as it has everything you asked for in the list. Alternatively, you can use Emerald Battle Engine Upgrade which is is made in pokeemerald so its more "modern" as its a decomp and not binary.

Also it would be better if you use Leons Base directly instead of using different Sideshow ROM Hacks as Bases.

Petuuuhhh sir, I am big fan of your Rom Hacking skills. Apparently, I am currently working on a Kalos Rom Hack, so I would like to know if your Leon's Ultimate FireRed ROM Base Unofficial Expansion Project is made based on the latest version of Leon's Rom Base, and whether your Rom Hack Pokemon FireRed Redux has all the features of your Rom Base, so that I can use it for my Rom Hack (with your permission).

As far as I know, the Unofficial Expansion was never completed or even started I think. But all the promised features of the expansion are present in the CFRU so it'd be better to use that than a completed Sideshow game like this or Mega Blue, as CFRU is completely from scratch with 90% of non-battle data intact, but Mega Blue and Redux are completely edited which will make it a nightmare to track all used an unused offsets and data. Thus I recommend CFRU.

P.S. Don't keep posting and asking for one thing. Its better to be patient and wait for a reply.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back