• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Redux (Read 1st line before accusing me of anything.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Redux BETA 1 is here

Yes, Mateo does know about this, he has allowed me to do this hack. I can provide proof if it is required. *Don't want to burn bridges here so I'm being careful.*

Hack Name: Pokémon Secrets and Rumours for the Graphical Snobs ;) Pokémon Secrets and Rumours Redux

Hack of: Fire Red

Introduction: This is the game that's the Fire Red to Mateo's Red. He knows I'm doing this, he's even given me some guidance and help.
Anyway, redux is an adjective meaning "brought back, restored" (from the Latin reducere - bring back) used in literature and film titles, and in my case, videogame titles. (Restored? Ooo, that sounds a bit insulting in this case... not my intention though.)
Ok, I'm assuming everyone has played Mateo's Pokémon Secrets and Rumours or at least heard of it, if not, well, go play it.
Anyway, this hack is the result of a conversation between Mateo, myself and a few of the other members at the old Twilight Hacking forums and this basically came to life from there.

Storyline: Follows the same storyline as Mateo's version but with 3rd gen graphics. So all the stuff that will happen in Pokémon Secrets and Rumours will also appear here, although some may be modified due to various reasons. Yes, the fat guy will still say technology is incredible! Or whatever the Fire Red version was...

Screenshots:
SaRR_screen_crop.png

Mateo uses Charmander so I used Charmander too.

Pokemon-FireRedFutureSaR.png

Hey, it's that girl and her Pikachu...

guybehindmuseum.png

Hmm...

Moltresmove.png

Look, look, Moltres is back where he belongs.

Pokemon-FireRedFutureSaR55.png

Hey, where's this cave go?

Remapped_Pewter.png

Ok, is this stretching the page? I can move it if there's a need to.

Other stuff: The original RBY TM list is back and eventually Pokémon will learn moves as they did in RBY.

Credits:
Mateo – For not kicking my ass and letting me do this
The toolmakers at pokecommunity.com and wahackpokemon.com among other places – For the various hacking tools and tutorials I used to create this hack.

Beta 1 is here! :D Goes to just before the Rock Tunnel. Bill's house and the Underground Path are locked in this beta.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mj55ee

Ok, I think I covered all my bases... Oh, please tell me if the .ips file doesn't work.

Last edited:

DreadWaffle

LOVE AND PEACE!
Years
very nice sky queen!
i like how you could have put this in progressing hacks :D
and are you going to hack the titlescreen more?

sky_queen3

Years
very nice sky queen!
i like how you could have put this in progressing hacks :D
and are you going to hack the titlescreen more?

Maybe I should have it moved, I didn't think I had enough of the right screen shots needed to use the progressing hacks section.

I may think of hacking the title screen more but also kind of like it as is... we'll see what happens. :)

DreadWaffle

LOVE AND PEACE!
Years
Maybe I should have it moved, I didn't think I had enough of the right screen shots needed to use the progressing hacks section.

I may think of hacking the title screen more but also kind of like it as is... we'll see what happens. :)

well you probably can try putting it in progressing hacks b/c you have 4 non map area screenshots (trust me you can)

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
It's good to see this back!...
...On firered!...
Good luck to this...redux?

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
Umm if you want a mod to move it you are supposed to PM/VM one of them, also i think the charmander in your titlescreen is a tad too small :)

sky_queen3

Years
Umm if you want a mod to move it you are supposed to PM/VM one of them, also i think the charmander in your titlescreen is a tad too small :)

It's the Diamond/Pearl Charmander :embarrass and I shall try to contact the mods, thank you. :)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
You've got potential, that is true indeed, but you need to work on your mapping a bit there...
PROTIP: People tend to support hacks with either;
A: Amazing Maps
or
B: Catchy Name

I'm not about ot tell you to rename your hack, but if you wanna become more popular, you'll need some better mapping...
(It'd be easy to even keep teh same basic layout of the maps you have already, just give them a more natural feel!)
Hope everything turns out alright for ya, I'll play it when you reach a longer beta...

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
You've got potential, that is true indeed, but you need to work on your mapping a bit there...
PROTIP: People tend to support hacks with either;
A: Amazing Maps
or
B: Catchy Name

I'm not about ot tell you to rename your hack, but if you wanna become more popular, you'll need some better mapping...
(It'd be easy to even keep teh same basic layout of the maps you have already, just give them a more natural feel!)
Hope everything turns out alright for ya, I'll play it when you reach a longer beta...

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Intresting intresting ...

like the idea with moltres back wherte it belongs .... so wot will be on top of the mt ember

and ur map looks a little like pewter city still :/ is it suppose too ?

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Intresting intresting ...

like the idea with moltres back wherte it belongs .... so wot will be on top of the mt ember

and ur map looks a little like pewter city still :/ is it suppose too ?
I haven't played through FR but I think places that didn't exist in R/B/Y won't exist in this either (expect Brick Town xD)

Years
What is with that wierd kid on the other side of that fence near the museum!
I've searched everywhere for some sort of rumor about him and i cant find anything.

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2012
Ok, I'm assuming everyone has played Mateo's Pokémon Secrets and Rumours or at least heard of it, if not, well, go play it.
Dude, link? thanks bro
sounds like something interesting man, ima play yours too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back