• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Random monotype team help

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
I am doing the random challenge on fire red with a monotype team restriction and got these six Tentacruel, Muk, Arbok, Vileplume, Weezing and Gengar. I have no idea how to give these pokemon the right movesets in this gen and would like help. I know poison types are weak against ground types so grass moves on vileplum and weezing and gengar have levitate. And then fire type moves against steel types? So maybe flame thrower on weezing. Oh and water moves on tentacruel maybe. What are your thoughts?

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
You should definitely give Weezing Flamethrower and Haze. For the last two moves, you can choose between Sludge, Destiny Bond, and Smokescreen.

I'd give Gengar Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, and Psychic. For the last move, you could go with Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, or Destiny Bond.

Good moves for Muk would be Sludge Bomb, Brick Break, Screech (or Acid Armor), maybe Strength too.

If you have an Oddish, you should give it Sleep Powder. If you have a Gloom, you should give it Moonlight before using a Leaf Stone on it. When it's a Vileplume, and if you can get enough Tiny Mushrooms or a Big Mushroom, you can go to the Move Tutor on Two Island, and give it Aromatherapy. Lastly, I'd give it Giga Drain.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
You should definitely give Weezing Flamethrower and Haze. For the last two moves, you can choose between Sludge, Destiny Bond, and Smokescreen.

I'd give Gengar Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, and Psychic. For the last move, you could go with Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, or Destiny Bond.

Good moves for Muk would be Sludge Bomb, Brick Break, Screech (or Acid Armor), maybe Strength too.

If you have an Oddish, you should give it Sleep Powder. If you have a Gloom, you should give it Moonlight before using a Leaf Stone on it. When it's a Vileplume, and if you can get enough Tiny Mushrooms or a Big Mushroom, you can go to the Move Tutor on Two Island, and give it Aromatherapy. Lastly, I'd give it Giga Drain.

Thank you this has been very helpful. Also should I do this for tentacruel Waterfall/surf, Rest, Sleep talk, toxic? By the way so far my Gloom has Sleep powder, poison powder, sweet scent, and absorb. And I think I might do Gunk shot on arbok with balloon item and a dark type move (no idea which yet) giga drain and then I don't have anything for the last one. Thoughts?

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Thank you this has been very helpful. Also should I do this for tentacruel Waterfall/surf, Rest, Sleep talk, toxic? By the way so far my Gloom has Sleep powder, poison powder, sweet scent, and absorb. And I think I might do Gunk shot on arbok with balloon item and a dark type move (no idea which yet) giga drain and then I don't have anything for the last one. Thoughts?
You're playing Fire Red, so you have no access to Gunk Shot, or the Balloon item. Though you could give it Bite or Thief as its Dark type move. I'd recommend Crunch, but Arbok doesn't learn that in Fire Red.

For other moves, you could give it Sludge Bomb, Earthquake, and Haze.

As for Tentacruel, I'd give it Surf, Ice Beam (or Blizzard), Toxic, and Barrier or Supersonic.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
You're playing Fire Red, so you have no access to Gunk Shot, or the Balloon item. Though you could give it Bite or Thief as its Dark type move. I'd recommend Crunch, but Arbok doesn't learn that in Fire Red.

For other moves, you could give it Sludge Bomb, Earthquake, and Haze.

As for Tentacruel, I'd give it Surf, Ice Beam (or Blizzard), Toxic, and Barrier or Supersonic.

Oh yeah I forgot. Thanks for the help I shall destroy Blue with this team Muahahahaha!

Back